It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO / Strange Lights over Jakarta

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Hi Ats,

here is a fairly new UFO case, which happened on 26 September in Jakarta, Indonesia. Since only texts I could find are in Indonesian, I took the liberty to translate the chronology. The following video ran on national TV news at one of biggest Indonesian TV station (RCTI). Please note that Jakarta is one of the biggest city in the world, so a lot of people must have seen it and taken images. Also, the light pollution over Jakarta is very high (+ really BAD smog which myself experienced), so these must have been some pretty strong lights:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a4d701cdf2c2.jpg[/atsimg]

Jakarta, a unique phenomena happened over the sky of Jakarta last night. Several red, green and yellow lights were visible over the clear sky of Jakarta. This incident invited the attention of the citizens.

According to one of the readers at detik.com, Erwan Sudiwijaya, those multi colored lights were visible over city part Bendungan Hilir (Benhil), Central Jakarta. "red, green and yellow lights in a "C" formation were clearly visible in the sky. This event happened for 15 minutes and the lights were easily seen for 5 minutes before slowly fading away, at around 20:10 pm . It caused several people on foot to stop and watch it. other people nearby ran into their houses to take cameras.

On the same note, another reader - Barry claimed to have seen lights forming a bow and close to it one bright shining, blinking, light. However, Barry's claim came without any image as proof.

SOURCE:

Detik.com (most poular online newspaper in Indonesia)

edit on 7-10-2010 by nagabonar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I can vouch for the air pollution in Jakarta as I live here currently.

There have been a lot of Sukhoi fighter jet demonstrations (in the last few days) as the government plans to purchase more....but those jets are quite loud and would have easily been heard.

I have no Idea what this is, and it completely boggles me how people were even able to spot it in the sky, as some days you are unable to even see the sun.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

Definitely not the Sukhois. Indonesia only purchased 6 of them, before 17 September + they are stationed in Makassar (sulawesi). Furthermore fighter jets would not sit still in the sky for 15 minutes?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Super interesting.
I was just searching Google Trends with "ufo" as keyword and Indonesia came up as location #1 in searches this month.

And that smog is unbelievable... is this video at night or day?
edit on 10/7/2010 by TasteTheTruth because: smog

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
After an initial sweep of the internet, I find only the posted UFO clip (present on Youtube, Disclose TV, Dailymotion) and no other footage of the incident, which is strange since Jakarta has 9.5 million inhabitants and should be able to produce a few more videos.

Then again, it's recent, and I don't know what has been posted in Indonesian, and I could have missed it.

Funny, sometimes this clip comes with the Star Wars theme, sometimes with the (traditional) X-files theme...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
for a city like Jakarta, Indonesia this is as big as the Arizona case, millions of people saw this instead of thousands as in Arizona...

I highly doubt we'll hear more of this anyways as always.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Salamat Datang!

I'm pretty sure if it 'hovered' there for 15 mins then we'd have tons of phone footage as well as all the tourist super duper lensed camera images.

Perhaps ET was off to Panganderan for a massage on the beach from the deaf guy there - he's really good and has a guest book with people from everywhere signing it.

I'd like to see more images and hear other people substantiate it before I take it too literally.

BTW: Who won Indonesia Idol? I was hoping for either the guy who dresses half as a woman and half as a man or the little girl who plays drums.

-m0r

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Still can't find corroborating sources or footage,

Here's a different UFO incident reported from Jakarta the 28th of September 2009:

www.xomba.com...

There's something about that date...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Heliocentric

Hahaha, If only there were 9.5million people here, it might actually be a nice place to live.

Unfortunately - the sky really is so polluted that no one even looks up to see anything. I love scanning the sky for planes when I am in clean countries but it just isn't possible here.

I often try to take star photos with my camera, they never come up - this guy must have some pretty cool setting on his phone to actually make out points of light in a night sky.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Heliocentric

In the comments (27 comments) alone within the detik.com source, i read 3 eye witnesses who claim to have seen it from different locations. 2 other eyewitnesses sent email to detik.com on morning of 27 Sep (one with image in OP). Another couple took the vid and gave it to TV station. Furthermore it is clearly visible in the Vid that people are looking up. Mind you , but a large part of jakarta population is living below the poverty line, and probably take this event without shrugging their shoulders.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Well, if what you say is true then it's good, the more corroborating material there is the better.

Can you make a quick translation of what is said in the clip?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

yep - it might be that at that particular part of the city winds have cleared the smog?

anyway the moment you fly with an airplane into Jakarta you can literally see at a certain altitude how the sky turns from clear clean into brown ugly brew from one moment to another. I used to drive with a motorbike around Jakarta during my study times. 10 minutes after a ride and whipe your face with a tissue - the tissue becomes black....

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heliocentric
Well, if what you say is true then it's good, the more corroborating material there is the better.

sorry - can't do it now . I am still killing my time at office
(with a proxy sever and a remote browser, so IT wont catch me ATSing), and only have speakers attached to my computer. will do so in about 3 hours time - if the thread gets a lot of interest.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by nagabonar

Nagabonar…..

In have no idea what I am looking at…..the video quality is appalling.

I note the passing similarity with the “Greifsweld Lights”.

For interest & comparison, here is my recent thread about the “Griefsweld Lights”:

Revisiting the 1990 Greifsweld (Germany) “Plasma” UFO’s

Here are 2 videos of the Greifswald objects:

Plasma UFO's~ Greifswald, East Germany Date: August 24, 1990

UFO Greifswald Lights - August 24, 1990 Germany

Here is a video of a similar phenomena that was observed in Russia several years later.

UFO Over St Petersburg, Russia 19th February 1997

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
dumbass aliens..
they are like 6 days early!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heliocentric

Here we go:

Announcer: “Viewers, these are the lights which showed up around 8pm on Sunday night. This video we got from Eye witness Matridien Marcel who saw these show of point of lights at the sky, and recorded it with a camera. According to eye witnesses in the beginning the lights were white like stars and then changed various colors . Citizens also saw how these lights moved and formed into several styles of formations. It is not yet known for sure the origin of these lights. The phenomena of points of lights which has been sent to the redaction of RCTI by the person who took the video. This video is original without any engineering . 2 freelance reporters, Marcel and Widi , were having dinner at a restaurant which is around Semanggi area, Jakarta. The visitors of the restaurant went excited, because they saw points of light sin the sky, which looked like lamps. With camera photos they took pictures of this event and sent to the redaction of RCTI”

Marcel & widi: “first it was white –yes white. And after some time it changed colors. And it moved. It changed formation into a triangle. After 10 minutes it changed formation into a straight line.”

Announcer: “These lights also changed formation together with the movements of clouds. It lasted for around 15 minutes and then just disappeared. We brought this video to the Indonesia Department of Aeronautics and Space in Bandung to find out what happened. According to government scientist Thomas Djamluddin this is not a strange phenomena . This has happened before and most likely Air Baloons, Kites or remote controlled Helicopters.

Prof Djamaludin: “ this kind of phenomena is usually very localized . It happened before that something like this has been reported, but after a couple of days a citizen came forward and said it was a toy helicopter he operated. “

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
dumbass aliens..
they are like 6 days early!

why 6 nights?

join