It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government Declares War on Raw Milk

page: 1/

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I searched around to see if this was posted yet, but found nothing.

I was just watching the Colbert Report, and they had a few minutes on a food store in Venice, CA that got raided by police, looking for raw milk. Heres a few articles about the incident.

Article

With no warning one weekday morning, investigators entered an organic grocery with a search warrant and ordered the hemp-clad workers to put down their buckets of mashed coconut cream and to step away from the nuts.

Then, guns drawn, four officers fanned out across Rawesome Foods in Venice. Skirting past the arugula and peering under crates of zucchini, they found the raid's target inside a walk-in refrigerator: unmarked jugs of raw milk.

Cartons of raw goat and cow milk and blocks of unpasteurized goat cheese were among the groceries seized in the June 30 raid by federal, state and local authorities — the latest salvo in the heated food fight over what people can put in their mouths.

Article 2

Just because raw milk is legal and is sold in 28 states in the U.S., and is legal in most countries in Europe, Africa and Asia, doesn’t mean that it’s OK to sell it here Canada; who, after all, wants to take 127,000,000-to-one chance of becoming sick.

The 2nd article is just an opinion, Im not sure if the chances of getting sick are 127,000,000-to-one.

Heres a video of the raid.

Im still waiting to see if Colbert's segment about this will get posted.Colbert asked the 2nd (i think) in charge of the FDA (not sure who), why they are against raw milk and why we cant drink it, and he said, its because the government wants to make sure everybodys healthy, and went on to say "Individuals are stupid."

My favorite line from the segment is when he interviewed Ron Paul, and Paul said "Pasteurization without representation." He went on to say, why cant I have the right to choose what I want to put in my mouth?

Hopefully I will be able to find the segment soon and post it on here.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
You just watched the colbert report didnt you?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The Feds raided the Amish too. The AMISH ffs.
edit on 6-10-2010 by Zoodie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
You all should somehow support HR 4077 to Allow the Interstate Shipment of Unpasteurized Milk

If people want to drink Raw Milk then what's the big deal?

This is ridiculous!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

They want to ban raw milk and organic food because it promotes health - healthy people cuts into the profits of pharma companies who thrive on your sickness. And as the FDA is owned by pharma companies, they are going to try and ban raw milk because of it's nutritional properties.

SWAT teams raiding food stores for raw milk and health food? Excellent way to use our resources and taxpayer money. Meanwhile meth labs, coc aine, heroin, crime, gangs, rape and murder are going on...but those aren't as important as taking down a raw milk dealer.

So much more to post...I think I'll start a new thread.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Theres a letter from one of the Rawesome members here

The Hearing Notice claimed ILLEGAL FOOD FACILITY violation of CAL Code 114381 (states that a food facility shall not be open for business without a valid permit to operate. Operation of a food facility without a valid permit may result in closure of the facility and penalty fees of up to three times the original permit fee) , and violation of Title 8 LA County Code 8.04.932 (Business without a public health license or permit prohibited

Seem like they are more concerned with them running a business that sells food under the guise of being a "private club" and so bypassing needing any public health standards
edit on 7-10-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Grass-fed milk has natural antibiotic properties

Milk production was hyjacked years ago. Its pasturized to give it a longer self life. If you lived in a place where you could have a milk cow and drink fresh every day then fine.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Ah, geez. The issue is that raw milk products are so much better for you. I have a rheumatological condition and I can eat all the raw cheese I want, drink raw milk, too. But pasturized, processed, and/or homogenized milk and products will set my joints on fire.

Another case of trying to keep us from pure foods.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Who cares if raw milk may not be good for you! Seriously. Aren't we still selling tobacco? The government should make us post a warning label, if anything at all..

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Hi, GOOD milk fans.

Since we switched to BIO/ORGANIC food, we see our milk "almost"
as it was, in the "good old times" ! !
We buy 1% milk. It is pasteurized, but NOT homogenized.

It is FUN to see the little thikness of cream, floating on the milk.
We shake it strongly before using it, like in the "good old times" ! !
B-)

Blue skies.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

The Colbert Report On The Govt.'s War on Raw Milk
www.vimeo.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
RAW MILK RAID: Raid on Healthy Family Farms (Victoria Bloch)
Jul 29, 2010

Rawesome FDA raid 2 Aug3,2011

SWAT Team Raid Organic Food Seller 2011

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

So its funny huh?

new topics

top topics

join