It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien leaves messages on guy's answering machine

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
This was on MUFON and made me laugh pretty hard...

The rediculous nature of this makes it seem 100% hoax, but the person that posted this report on MUFON appears to believe it is really aliens, and I suppose it is a possibility, but of course is not likely...

It is not your everyday prank call though, and I wanted to share it for laughs, even though there is that possibility 0.001% that it could be real, or even some targeted harrassment, who knows?

Here is a link to the sound mp3 file...and report

mp3-phonemsg

source

Two messages, one at 5:12 pm and one at 5:13 pm, were left on my answering machine Thursday (I think the date was August 19). After listening to them many times, I believe they are two different messages, left by two different "voices."

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
uumm.. I will admit it, I am too much of a scardy cat to listen to this, can someone do so and report back please.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
can you tell us what it says I cant get it for some reason...

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Well, it's just garbled crud but sounds very strange at the same time...

No words that you can decipher though...

It sounds like what some human trying to fake an alien voice might come up with...

As I stated in first post its meant for laughs, even though the guy that reported this to mufon was totally serious about it...

Try right clicking on the mp3 link and save target as file if you have trouble with the browser just loading it on it's own, then you can play the file with whatever mp3 player you might have...

Cheers
edit on 6-10-2010 by alienreality because: eta

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Oh ok I got it now and it does not 'talk' but sounds like a garbled , scratchy message. I dont know, could be someones cellphone acting up and a prank call.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

oh dear!. no wonder this subject is not taken seriously !. but thanks for the laugh!.

but in all seriousness why would aliens put an unintelligible message on someone's answer machine at gone 5am!.

alien 1, "zorg, just put the saucer down near that phonebox so i can make some random prank calls"

alien 2 "ok, here's a few coins that i took from someone we abducted earlier"

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
yeah I thought also it was most liekly a prank call, but it was funny to hear the persons answering machine stating the time and then 2 messages with this... The guy that reported this thinks it was 2 different callers leaving this message, but they sound the same to me...

But to get all of this from a mufon report had me in tears laughing..

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

lol, love that response man!

yeah, I should have mentioned I wasn't intending to ridicule the ufo field in general..

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
They obviously got the wrong number!

My guess would be they got back to planet X without getting the milk so they called an left a message for their buddys still here to pick some up on the way home, and maybe some eggs as well.

Aliens can be forgetfull too.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

haha, no problem, it gave me a laugh.

i get the strange feeling that this guy did it himself just for attention, either that or one of his friends knows hes an alien/ufo fanatic and thought they'd have a bit of fun with him, because what average person would think a call like that is aliens? and why? and then what average person would report it as aliens?.....

hes got to be either a totally paranoid and fanatical believer or guilty of hoaxing to report something like that.

but then again, maybe E.T has got his speak and spell, sawblade, umbrella combo phone out again PHONE HOME...

thanks

rich
edit on 6-10-2010 by RICH-ENGLAND because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
They obviously got the wrong number!

My guess would be they got back to planet X without getting the milk so they called an left a message for their buddys still here to pick some up on the way home, and maybe some eggs as well.

Aliens can be forgetful too.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Yeah, I am wondering that also if he did it...

He did mention in the report that it came from southern California on his caller ID, as if from some unknown area though...

The so called alien voice sounds like an effect that would take more than just someone using their bare voice...

In other words, it seems like something that would have been edited with a sound program, because of all the clicks and slight interupts.. I can't duplicate that very effectively using just voice, but maybe someone can..

cheers

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
From Southern California:

1. May have come from a cell phone on the freeway or in a zone with lots of interference....

2. He should play it backward to hear if there is another message there...

3. He should throw away his ouija board and have his house blessed by a priest...

4. His answering machine suffered some kind of weird interference and garbled the message.

Why I do not think it is an alien:

1. Don't they float in through the walls to drag people into labs? Since when do they phone first?

2. If they travelled 50 trillion billion light years to get here, surely they would realize humans can't
understand their lingo and they would need to do 'psychic telepathy' or something...

3. They could write a note with more effect.

4. More likely an incarnate spirit, or prank caller, or someone with schizophrenic speech or
a husky voiced infant on the phone

Is there someway to trace the call? If I were him, I would put a wire on the phone for that reason.

Out of ideas....

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcheoAstronomer

Yeah, It makes no sense whatsoever, except as maybe a prank, or targeted harrassment, or attention seeking...

The guy reporting it did say he thinks it is because of sightings he had at angelfire NM.. And there are stories about that place recently..

I also don't think there has ever been a documented case of an alien calling someone on the phone, especially not in a language that no one can understand..

The guy doesn't seem too excited by this happening either..
I just couldn't resist the humor of something like this, getting 2 calls like that at 5AM from S.Cali, and he lives in New Mexico... assuming he didn't do it himself..
edit on 6-10-2010 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Not nearly as silly as some of you would like to think it is. I guess, the chief problem would be this. The film the "Mothman Prophecies" has exposed this sort of phenomenon to a huge audience. My first questions to the person who offered it up would be. Has that film been on locally and did they watch it with friends? Were they the only one who took it at all seriously and did the friends have a good laugh about it? In that case, it could well be the friends having a giggle at their expense.

In this day and age, Sound phenomenon suffers the same malaise as the Visual arts/ That being the case, it would be pretty damn easy for anyone to have knocked the recording up and phoned it through to the person's answering machine. That means there is a very good chance it is a prank on the person.

However, to deny this sort of phenomenon has a history going back many years would be to lie. What's more this sort of message has been received by those who have a recent experience with a UFO, usually a purely visual experience. These messages can range from a very well spoken voice tot his sort of *cod* alien style thing. I am extremely suspicious as this one bares a remarkable resemblance to some of the calls in the "Mothman Prophecies". Believe me, when you were wholly skeptical person, with regards UFOs, then have an experience that challenges that perception and tell no-one. To receive phone calls talking about the incident, whatever the voice sounds like on the other end, is a sobering experience.

This is a strange area of Ufology as the phone voice phenomenon is not restricted to specifically UFOs. I have, in the past heard several of these sort of phone messages. What's more they were from the days before the digital revolution, when it took much more effort to pull such a prank. This message, does have the *right* sort of sound and does have the total garbled and unintelligible voice that other *genuine* tapes have.

Let me say quite clearly though. In the past these sort of calls have had people at their wits end. They have changed numbers,and within hours of doing so, they are receiving the same unsolicited calls again. Phone companies have had traces placed on people's phones and been unable to ascertain quite who was making the calls. In some cases the sender is a *dead* number.

My advice to the person who received the calls would be.

Use dial back and if that doesn't work call their phone company and make an official complaint. If it is a prank, that should see the whole matter sorted out in short order.

There is another possibility, given the digital phone age. The message was perfectly normal when the sender spoke, but our dear old digital world has managed to chop into 1 and 0s and reassemble in the wholly wrong manner.

To be honest, to those who think it's funny, it most certainly isn't when you are receiving, sometimes, dozens of these sort of weird calls all day and night.

Anyone who hasn't seen the film the Mothman Prophecies should do so and John Keel's books, on which the film is based, are a damn good source of information.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

erm.... it is silly... very very silly, and just in case you failed to notice, the mothman prophecies is a MOVIE made for entertainment purposes using plenty of artistic licence and absolute b.s mixed with a few reported but absolutely unproven paranormal stories and a factual bit about the bridge collapsing !.

i honesty can't believe i just had to type that to an adult!. *holds head in despair*

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

wow, I didn't realize about someone getting strange things like this after a sighting...

And the guy that reported this does say that he recently experienced ufo sightings in Angelfire New Mexico..

I guess maybe his report could very well be genuine and he might even be some shook up about it...

I have researched a long time, but have forgotten a lot of important statistics over the years...

Having any sort of real ufo experience and then getting odd things like that happening could unhinge someone very quickly.. and it wouldn't be funny at all, I agree.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

You obviously have very little real in depth background in the UFO phenomenon if you think that. "Saving Private Ryan" was a Movie, so i take it D-Day didn't happen as well? Believe me, there are some extremely sober and solid types who would have you blushing inside a minute if they heard spout your views on this sort of subject, in public. If it's so childish why even bother coming here?

One thing i have learned about the whole UFO phenomenon is this. Starting from a baseline of it's *all childish stupidity*, sees one going nowhere fast. In a sense, you are doing exactly what these *intelligences* seem to seek. By acting as you do it allows them to carry on making these sort of calls to people safe in the knowledge that. Most people will tell no-one because the fear of receiving exactly the sort of response you gave.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

what does saving private ryan have to do with the mothman prophecies ? absolutely nothing.

what does the mothman prophecies have to do with u.f.os? absolutely nothing.

what does the ALLEGED indred cold phonecalls have to do with the ALLEGED mothman ? absolutely nothing.

what does the mothman prophecies have to do with this ALLEGED alien phonecall ? absolutely nothing.

the d day landings is a FACTUAL event.

the point pleasant bridge collapse is a FACTUAL but non paranormal event,

the mothman prophecies is a FICTIONAL movie.

saving private ryan is a FICTIONAL movie.

you should try separating FACT from FICTION, and not promote unproven allegations as true.

what i typed was not childish at all, what you typed was extremely misleading and ignorant beyond belief.

you have absolutely no idea about my background or anything else, you dont know me at all so what you typed was assumptions and childish.

thanks

rich
edit on 7-10-2010 by RICH-ENGLAND because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

You have read the Mothman Prophecies have you? The incident the film was based on it happened. A bridge collapsed as in the film .

corrosion-doctors.org...

Several of the plot lines in the film are thinly disguised takes on incidents that happened to perfectly normal people who had no interest in UFOs or anything of the sort. Displaying your total ignorance of the history of the subject you hold forth so ineloquently on. does nothing for the thread and nothing for the forum. Yes, it's funny ha ha, when it happens someone else. Let's all laugh at the loony. However to those on the other end of this, totally unwanted phenomenon, it is anything but funny ha ha.

There is a side to the whole UFO phenomenon where some, outside intelligence, seems to positively enjoy forcing, often deeply skeptical people, to confront their view of the universe. It could be that, some clandestine arm of the government, from time to time, specifically picks a skeptical person, to test and monitor their reaction to such happenings. It could be their way of monitoring and gauging how people's reactions to such happening change over time. I don't know, i do know your attitude doesn't help one iota in trying to find out the why's and wherefores of something that has been detailed, reported and witnessed down the years.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join