It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This story has CHANGED MY LIFE ... it may change yours as well.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
To me... the message is positive, beautiful, poetic even.

But in the end, much like The Bible which practically worships humans by telling them the world is theirs and they've been made in the likeness of their god, this only serves to make an arrogant being even more arrogant by making people believe they're something spectacular and unique when they're just animals, like the rest of fauna in this world. We just live differently.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

Wow, a lot of past memories and instances just popped up, every now and then we need to look at these examples to refresh our mind and heart about why we are here and whats our purpose in the game. Thank you

Regards, Naeem
edit on 8/10/2010 by naeem11111 because: spacing

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

IAM you ought to re read what I wrote, I never called him a pompus ass, I said "re read your post, you sound like a pompuss ass" Big difference.

I am very surprised by the praise of this individual. Can you look over again what was written

"When I saw that girl at my school who doesn’t try to talk to anyone, and doesn’t respond to anyone who talks to her, I didn’t get frustrated, I felt her pain."

So the poster is saying by looking at this girl he knew she was in pain. How???? How about ASKING her how she was? How about TALKING to her about what is going on with her???

When driving to my job after school and I see the Vietnam Veteran on the side of the road begging for work, I don’t just feel sorry for him, I feel like I AM him. I feel the anguish of being alone, I feel the anger at being abandoned after serving my country.

How does this 17 year old know this person even was in the war. We all know there are plenty of posers. There could a million different reasons why this person is begging (for work, I don't think so) on the side of the road. Once again, if you are so enlightened, how about not just driving past this person and judging what makes the beggar think feel and stop and ASK THEM

When I see the dumb blonde on T.V. making millions of dollars for being a shallow person, I don’t feel disgust, or annoyance, I feel the confusion she has. I feel the way she doesn’t really know how to act differently. I feel the frustration she has at night when she can’t really be proud of what she has accomplished in life.

This is the best one, First he says she's dumb, than knows she is making millions. Third that she is confused and doesn't know how to act differently. That's she frustrated and not proud of her life. How the heck does this 17 year old know what this person is like other than the seconds he looked at her on the TV. Maybe she does make millions for being shallow on TV. Maybe off the air she donates her time and energy to charitable causes. Maybe she uses her money to help her family and friends who are not so fortunate.Once again, MILLIONS of possibilities.

So that is why I wrote he SOUNDED like a pompus ass. And for the rest of you that praise this individual I'm shocked by glossing over the points I made here

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by amc621
So the poster is saying by looking at this girl he knew she was in pain. How???? How about ASKING her how she was? How about TALKING to her about what is going on with her???

I agree my friend, action is the next step after empathy. However, the fact that this young man has made the step to empathising at the age of 17, is commendable. In time, as he grows, he will learn the next step. In the mean time, his progress should not be dismissed or belittled.

Where was I at 17? Ignoring the quite girl, making fun of the Vet (now I am the Vet), and doing other things for which I am not proud.

So, this young man, I commend, not condemn.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

IAM, he is IGNORING THEM. He looked at each and made a judgement

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

IAM, he is IGNORING THEM. He looked at each and made a judgement

True, but that is better than what he did before growing to where he is at now. He is on the journey, not finished the journey. Show him the way, better yet, lead the way, but don't point fingers and ridicule because he does not know. Doing so is only a lesson in a different way to judge.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM
[mo
So it's ok to call the woman "dumb" and the rest of the derogurtory comments he made by just LOOKING at people.

This is absolutely no different than racial profiling. You look at someone and make a judgement as opposed to talking to them.

I'm all for compassion and understanding to your fellow man, but making judgements of who they are by looking at someone and saying I can "feel" what they feel is just ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM
[mo
So it's ok to call the woman "dumb" and the rest of the derogurtory comments he made by just LOOKING at people.

This is absolutely no different than racial profiling. You look at someone and make a judgement as opposed to talking to them.

I'm all for compassion and understanding to your fellow man, but making judgements of who they are by looking at someone and saying I can "feel" what they feel is just ridiculous.

My friend, the written word is terrible for conveying thoughts. Otherwise, our vocabulary would not be so extensive. When I read his words, I understood that he was developing empathy. Was it worded perfectly? For me it was because I understood him. I read his words without judgement.

Judgement blinds one to the meaning behind expression. Do not judge, just feel what he is trying to say.

How can you teach someone to not judge by judging their attempts to not be judgemental?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

My final comment is this, if he, or anyone who has praised this individual, wants to "feel" what someone else is feeling, do more than just look at them for a minute.

You know, "Don't judge a book by it's cover"

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

My final comment is this, if he, or anyone who has praised this individual, wants to "feel" what someone else is feeling, do more than just look at them for a minute.

You know, "Don't judge a book by it's cover"

I understand my friend. I have a similar philosophy to end on for now.

No one can know the full extent of another's being without having lived their life from start to finish, therefore:

Judge not, Love all, be at peace

Thank you for conversing with me my friend. There was a lot of light shown in the discussion. Always be the Prophet you are.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Check out The Law and The Promise

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Pretty good story, good moral lesson buuut a bit narcissistic for my taste, the whole story is based about "ME" and the only way to feel for another person is to make them an extension your yourself? Why cant you sympathize with someone out of compassion for another person, another soul. Why does it always have to be about number 1?

But again good story nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Road2Liberty2010

Why?

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

I asked the OP if he had read any Neville Goddard material. He replied with a no and asked for suggested titles and I supplied one.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
reply to post by MMPI2

Take control of your emotions. This is not the place or the thread to fly off the handle. A point should be debated with logic not emotion. Emotion clouds the issue. Stop taking comments made on here personally. It's just an opinion. Life is not about convincing everybody that your opinion is the only right one. We all have ideas and theories about what's going on so let's just remember that and keep it civil.

Let me be very clear...my emotions are totally in check. What gets me is how the rest of you guys sit back idly and let somebody derail a perfectly good thread by injecting material designed to undermine the beliefs of others. The garbage that posted the abrasive antichristian stuff completely out of context did it in order to inflame and harm and garner attention for himself, and he/she intended to do it without being called on it. It wasn't done in a way to share opinion, it was done to damage and inflame.

Most critically, it was done on a post created by a teenager who did nothing more than cite his christian religious belief as ancillary to the material of the post.

This kind of progressive, antihuman stuff has gone on long enough. When I see these people do this kind of thing, I speak up.

End of story.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I read this thread the other day and I thought it was very touching and so true. What I have found very interesting is, I have been thinking about it alot the last couple of days. I had an interaction with some guy who cut me off in traffic and I guess normally I would have been frustrated by his lack of consideration and improper lane usage. (No he could not have caused an accident) Just block an intersection. But the story came to my thoughts and I thought about the fact that maybe he was having some deep thoughts in his mind. "Kids sick, paying bills etc."
Thank you for posting this. We all need a bump in our conciouses once in a while. S @ F's

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'm not really one for mushy stuff, usually, but there is something that can be taken literally from this too. Literally.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Amazing story! I've figured this out as well by myself.

I have a question though - if this is true, what does that mean about revenge, punishment and the death penalty?

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 19872012
Amazing story! I've figured this out as well by myself.

I have a question though - if this is true, what does that mean about revenge, punishment and the death penalty?

Precisely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Excellent story. Though I did get a sense of being alone when I thought about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join