It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This story has CHANGED MY LIFE ... it may change yours as well.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Excellent. A nice addition to my belief in Oneness. Appreciated.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Nice story...liked it very much....thanks for sharing this story...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
You are all ME
I am all YOU

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
This is a great lesson again, even 2 years later. I read the first post with as much enthusiasm as I did the first time.
When I think of how this changed my perspective then, I wonder if I did not post it to myself as it was a lesson much needed at the time.
I hope someone bumps this back to the first page again in 2 more years to see how much influence it's had on me at that point.
I'd star and flag again if I could. It's just THAT good.

If we ever had a section devoted to things that should be mandatory reading to be a member here, this should be included. This, and the "All Roads Lead to Rome" thread...good stuff,

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

I read this when I was about your age, maybe a bit older.

Interesting, yes. Life changing? Certainly not for me...

great little story though, gets your brain goin.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Nice story, but that's exactly what it sounds like. Nice enough though.
I have died several times. The last time was the longest, 25 minutes. Notice I did not say the last time was the worst. It changed me and my life. Not that I was ever really bad, it's just that I wasn't really good. So this is not a story and I can tell you from what happened to me there might be more chit to things than we are able to realize. Don't remember seeing the light, but after 6 days in a coma I was left with a few blank spots in my memory.
But a lot of things ......../ well I can't find the words to describe it, but the lines about doing things for others not yourself. There is a lot to be said for that and a few other things it's just to much to get into . Thanks for the post s&f

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

When I first read this story over a year ago on this thread I was like "YESS this will change my life".
It also left me with a overwhelming feeling of emotion. BUT now a year later I completely forgot about this story until I just bumped into it by coincedence so I don't know about anyone else but this hasn't changed my life in the slightest, I wish it did though

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
This story IS amazing! I believe in reincarnation and that it is possible to be born again, future or present. I think about this a lot, but it has never occurred to me that could also mean that i am everyone. It really makes perfect sense. If its possible to be reincarnated at any point in history or in the future, and if time is infinite, and their are infinite existences then it is entirely possible that all is one soul. This brings a much deeper meaning to "all is one" for me, my base belief.

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather.”

--Bill Hicks

This story definitely blew my mind! Ive always seen the concept of God as simply being the entirety of existence--space, time, mind, body, soul. And to believe that is to believe that i am god and god is me. God IS within and i think our main issue is trying to personify God and put the concept of God in a box, which I think hinders us immensely. I'll admit that i always had a problem fully conceptualizing this, but this story? It has done that very thing for me. Thank you so much! So lucky for you to have discovered this so young!

It may not have changed my life, but it has CERTAINLY changed my way of thinking.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Hi, me!

Hope you're enjoying being Ben81!
edit on 26-12-2012 by nunya13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I promise to do whatever it takes, to never ever ever EVER reincarnate here again.

There various philosophies and religions that discuss transcending the cycles of birth and death, and I study them til it feels like my eyes are about to fall out.

Soooooo done with this cycle and being here in what feels like a prison to the soul.

Enlightenment is the golden ticket outta here. Ive seen it for myself that there is such a thing, in minute glimpses.

So done with this place.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
I promise to do whatever it takes, to never ever ever EVER reincarnate here again.

There various philosophies and religions that discuss transcending the cycles of birth and death, and I study them til it feels like my eyes are about to fall out.

Soooooo done with this cycle and being here in what feels like a prison to the soul.

Enlightenment is the golden ticket outta here. Ive seen it for myself that there is such a thing, in minute glimpses.

So done with this place.

Really? Do you not see this place as a golden opportunity to help others?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mojo2012

Really? Do you not see this place as a golden opportunity to help others?

I think the best help, to help others, is to remind them to do whatever it takes to never ever have to reincarnate here again.

I think that's why Jesus came, Buddha, various masters/mystics.

To remind us that Enlightenment is real and is the key to never come back again.

I've felt since I was a kid that this reality/existence is a prison for the soul, a trap, a circus/carnival. Sometimes not right about it all. It was years later that this feeling was quantified when I learned the teachings of Buddha that all of this is Illusion, of Jesus to be in the World and not of it, and that we are passers by.

Since then I've remembered pre-existing and not wanting to come here, have glimpsed enlightenment and it's possibilities, various ego deaths off and on, etc etc....

I don't ever want to come back here again.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing this story. It brought me to tears (in a good way) and it made me realize that I need to start putting myself in other peoples shoes and what they go through. If the rest of the world would follow that, we would not have all these world conflicts we currently have.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Couldnt you come to such truth outside of superstition and unjustified beliefs?

Its great that your studying other belief systems... but the only truth that exists is outside of all of those things inside the real world.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

wow.....that is amazing, I hope this spreads around like wildfire! it is bacic and to the point if you have half a brain.
I am proud to say that my parents raised me this way! I remember before my father passed saying " be kind to everyone" and you will be kind to yourself!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Great story. A real eye opene.
Thanks for bumping.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This was an awesome story! I've always been a very strong empath, whether I wanted to be at the time or not. This really makes you think about why we can feel so connected and feel the emotions of some people that we don't even know. Just maybe they are us. Just like twins can feel each others pain because they originate from the same source, maybe that's why we can feel other people, because we are them. Definitely a concept to ponder.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
This is exactly what I needed to read just now. Crazy how I found this thread at this moment. Wonderful story!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Great snf

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Wow, that's a worthy story and share. I can feel that one will stay with me too. In fact, I'm going back now to re-read it. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join