It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This story has CHANGED MY LIFE ... it may change yours as well.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

Excellent!!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
So wait....

I'm Paris Hilton!?

lol AH! ...but would you WANT to be?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Wow what a terrifying thought! As a moral lesson in life this is invaluable, but as a reality this is horrifying to me.

Our universe is expected to be 15ish billion years old. Currently we have 6 billion people on the planet. If we are to only live 3 years of each and every one of these lives, that is longer than the entire history of the universe. Obviously if we add the entire lifespans of all those living now AND in the past, this would stretch to many hundreds of billions of years. I must spend THAT long to mature to a point acceptable to "god"? Unimaginable. When you also realize that many of these lives will be those who suffered in the showers of the nazis, the victims of the Inquisition, the starving, and so on, that is unimaginable billions of years of horrible suffering. The cruelty of such a god knows no bounds. Add this to the fact that "I", being the ONLY one really here, makes the realization of such a reality all the more hopeless and loney. Am i truely alone in the universe? I cannot express the horror of such a reality strongly enough.

Ill take the good out of this story, the "learn to live in anothers shoes" and discard what some could consider to be the reality of our (my) lives. To me its the most terrifying of all possibilities.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by gatorboi117
reply to post by Irish Matador

Thank-you for reading it, and thank-you for your support.

I can only hope that others, especially my age, will come to a realization similar to this. Whether it be through reading a story, or learning a life lesson.

If everyone really just started empathizing with their fellow man, and realizing this world does not revolve around them anymore than it revolves around the child who lived and died 3,000 years ago, then maybe we can begin to heal as a human race.

babe I thank you for this!!
My daughter and I are empaths...
I've been having huge issues with my youngest sister being paranoid and bitter towards many in her life..
Now at the age of 25 she has been diagnosed with cancer (has had it removed - in remission)
I am going to give her this story
With the hope that she will change her perspective on life!!

Thank you! You have no idea how excited I am to see if this "tool" works
*HUGS*

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Thank you for this inspiring post. To have discovered such a concept at 17 truly inspires me.

This is what Siddhartha (Buddha) meant when he said "I am awake"

My young/old friend you are awake.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
What is this, "Chicken Soup"? They used to shove anti-abortion stories like this into our mouths as kids in school. This crud is made to make you feel sympathy for something. A tear jerker.
edit on 9-10-2010 by jetflock because: added a mark of punctuation.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Awesome!

This is one of the best messages I have read here on ATS. Only 17 years old? Hard to believe.
You are a very special and wonderful person. I hope this thinking and philosophy rubs off on others.
Please write more!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetflock
What is this, "Chicken Soup"? They used to shove anti-abortion stories like this into our mouths as kids in school. This crud is made to make you feel sympathy for something. A tear jerker.
edit on 9-10-2010 by jetflock because: added a mark of punctuation.

And what is it you are trying to make people feel?

What are you aiming for? What is your final goal?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by arcana_imperii
Great story...really great!
But I refuse to go back after I die...NO WAY.

I see your point...but...
What if you will not remember to feel you don't want to go back?

I feel that the common sense, deductive reasoning and logic thinking *spiel*
can only get someone so far. Reincarnation would explain
why I've known how things smelled, tasted, felt and just were before I knew about
them intimately.

I have a huge fascination with Egyptian items.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jetflock

Why do I get the impression you are jealous of this threads' success?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
So if i am you and you are me, and obama is you and i am hitler, and we are jesus....as odd as that sounds it kinda makes sence.

Think about it if we are alive of who we are NOW, then logic says we were something else before, and after we die, we dont understand the universe, so why pretend?

Out of infinte galaxies and solar systems and planets, you rreally think this is it? if so you are stuck in a materialistic world, when you die you dont take your money or your possessions with you.

As odd and crazy as this sounds, i remeber things, only images and feelings, but there was this one "i am on a planet 95% water, i am with someone whom i assume is the same species as me, we are looking at the sun as a flare touchs the water, seeing it dislove instantly inseconds, we say we final words, and embrace our fate"

although that is not proof and merely something i could have made up in my mind, it seems real like a distant memory, and the image is so realistic, i have had this memory as long asi can remeber, befoire i even knew what a solar flare was. it was beatiful, but one i find odd is, i think i have lived as alternate verisons of myself, in parrell universes (leading extremly differnt lives)

I believe in reincarnation, and for those who are reading and saying i am nuts, well you are too, for assuming the universe is obliged to follow your belifes, just go with the flow, if you die and wind up somewhere else, you wont realize it, infact thats the whole point. Recycle, the gift of the universe.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I always interpreted the meaning of life this way.That life is a ''test'' for humanity so our creators can know if we are worthy of life in their ''world''.

I mean what else could be the meaning of life? Unless it's something beyond the imagination of humanity and simply too advanced for our minds ... then yeah I'm probably clueless!

But anyways, great post! I'll remember it for a very long time.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Ok so let's pretend im everyone in the world......... It's hard to wrap my head around

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer
Of course...

Playing the role of an opposing point of view...

This could be one of the most HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL attempts at a PSYCHOLOGICAL OPERATION posted on ATS. This thread is designed to plead to the humanity in everyone at ATS. It is also geared toward making them more easily manipulated by sending them into a "it's all good man" feeling of euphoria.

I hope this is not the case. But, you must realize that the government pays people MILLIONS of dollars to come up with NEW WAYS to MANIPULATE the POPULACE.

A "normal" 17-year-old would not have the level of insight the OP has written in his/her original post. The story really gets people to their core. This is a great way to TARGET the select MARKET of ATS-goers just before (probably weeks, months) before something major is coming down. Calm them. Anestitize them.

I hope it's not the case, but thinking critically, it IS A POSSIBILITY.

This kind of stuff makes ATS one of the best conspiracy sites on the internet.

Kudos!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Reality goes way beyond this. Meditation will take a person through the realms of all.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2

Originally posted by GhostLancer
Of course...

Playing the role of an opposing point of view...

This could be one of the most HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL attempts at a PSYCHOLOGICAL OPERATION posted on ATS. This thread is designed to plead to the humanity in everyone at ATS. It is also geared toward making them more easily manipulated by sending them into a "it's all good man" feeling of euphoria.

I hope this is not the case. But, you must realize that the government pays people MILLIONS of dollars to come up with NEW WAYS to MANIPULATE the POPULACE.

A "normal" 17-year-old would not have the level of insight the OP has written in his/her original post. The story really gets people to their core. This is a great way to TARGET the select MARKET of ATS-goers just before (probably weeks, months) before something major is coming down. Calm them. Anestitize them.

I hope it's not the case, but thinking critically, it IS A POSSIBILITY.

This kind of stuff makes ATS one of the best conspiracy sites on the internet.

Kudos!

No. The OP's post could be seen as maybe New Age programming, like The Secret or A Course in Miracles. Didn't you all know that most if not all of the parents of the hollywood celebs of the 1960's were working for the goernment in some way (mind control anyone?). The new age mind control is well executed.
edit on 9-10-2010 by Ruffian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Dear Gatorboil17.

I am glad that a simple message had changed your life, for a better direction than the one of the past that you had presume will help you reach your goals. Most telling of this new direction is 'to stand upon the shoes of another person' ( and walk through his/her life) in order to make a judgement of against or for that person that may be of relevance to our lives.

'The egg' by Andy Weir is an inspired piece, but still only an opinion based message, culled and learnt but 'twisted' by himself from the wisdoms of our ancient sages, who onced live like us upon Earth. That 'twist' is that we each other are the same person, reliving out our reincarnated lives and interacting only with ourselves.

This is far from the truths taught by our ancestors.

I can qoute theological cases, from the bible to the buddhist scripts that you are not me nor a reincarnated form of me from a different timeline. Even the one who discovered or was revealed the cosmological workings of reincarnation - Buddha, make no claims of you and I being the same being with the same consciousness interacting with ourselves in different timelines.

I can qoute you scientific studies on the evolution of our Universes. It follows Universal laws, some of which are discovered by Man, and many more yet to be known. But such laws are known to be irreversible, takes on a course of its own, and cannot be reversed.

Perhaps in the theological sense, our Creator has such powers and purposes for reversal as nothing is impossible to Him, but once creation is in place, it will follow the programme as created and run on its own. Remember that we had been given free will, to determine our own course as well as the Universe.

Good or bad will be the result of our chosen course, to continue with divine teachers and guides or have a divine intervention for the programme to be erased. To reverse time would be against the very programme, laws and order that our Creator had written, for chaos will only reign - one simple reverse change for man will only lead to a pandora box of chaos in the cascading effect of matter re-acting with matter .

Any mortal being - humans or others - would love to have time reversal powers, either for good or even for bad, but it is something that is beyond our powers for the consequences that it may involve. While we do not have the powers to change the past, we have EVERY POWER to change our future, and it lays within our conciousness and will to do so, a gift granted by our Creator along with divine teachers and guides to help us along the way...

Thus, we are not ourselves and the same, but each a different being with a different consciousness, gifted by our Creator. We are one, part of the whole with only common aspirations, the way a hand and a leg, parts of the whole, have same purposes necessary for survival, but different in parts and use.

Andy Weir may have his heart in the right place with his opinion piece, but our opinions must be based upon truths. It is not enough to know, but to research, find collaborating evidences and form the most logical and rational intelligent critical assesment that we know, and then discuss and debate it with many others will the truth emerged.

The sooner Andy Weir realizes this, the faster will his and our evolution progresses. To continue on the 'twisted' path will only lead us to remain where we wrongfully are today, complacent in hand fed directed info from our masters

To those who claimed the OP's thread is a possibility of mental control:-
=======================================================

I will then ask:- Was his message for us to have more empathy a correct course for our human evolution, or a regression?

What is 'civilisation' but a form of mental control as well - for it encourages hetrogenous animal like humans to group together, share resources and evolve into a better species for their future, beginning with rules and guides for common behaviour so that it may lead to peace if not harmony within that enclosed space?

Such forms of 'mental control' that you speak derogatively of is at least far more better and a call of higher plane of evolution than the ones such as 'unchecked greed is good', 'Never leave home without your credit card', ' Iraq has WMD so we must bomb it to kingdom come', etc, etc.

And the 'mental control' from the OP's thread has no control. No gun is pointed at our heads to believe. It's one choice and free will, based on logic and reason, for us to progress and evolve as one race - different people with differences but to put aside such differences and find the common ground of aspirations to stand on and evolve together, leaving none behind - muslims, jews, christians, hindus, buddhists, free thinkers, white, black , rich, poor, phd, cleaner, tall, short, male, female, etc, etc....

The alternative to such appeal is to live freely, do as we will without a care and concern to another, as we wish, with no direction, to harm and hurt or not to as we like - a regression back to the animal-like states our cavemen barbarian ancestors once were.....
edit on 10-10-2010 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I love this story, it is truly beautiful.

I am really impressed with your maturity and compassion at such a young age. I hope you don't mistake this for being patronizing, it's the last thing I want to convey. Most 17 year olds are deeply entrenched in their own egos and don't have a lot of room for deeper thought - which is perfectly fine and normal, it is what they are supposed to be doing. I imagine having such a broad understanding of life and the world would make your life much more interesting when you're interacting with your peers.

I know when I first "awoke" (for lack of a better term) interacting with those around me who were still blind to the world was very interesting.

Thanks for posting this.
S&F
xx

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Great thread! I love this stuff. My own belief structure is actually alot like this. I believe in non-linear reincarnation, and if you believe that then you have to believe that over a certain amount of time you will have become every single person who has ever lived. Which implies, there is only one conciousness exsisting at all times transiently.
I also really liked the suposed 'purpose' for it all. Our conciousness as a grand whole is still only a infant compared to the power that spawned our conciousness in the first place.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Absolutely wonderful story. I can understand how this might change how I look at life from this day forward. While I don't know that I buy into the 'we live all lives' concept, I feel this really hammers home the 'we are all one' concept.

My gut tells me that our goal is to become conscious of that 'oneness'. We take as long as it takes. The choices we make determine how fast we get there. As I write this I feel a part of me fighting back saying, 'leave me alone. I don't want to get there.' I know that voice. It has helped me make a lot of, let's call them, 'head in the sand' decisions.

Interesting that I read this story on 10-10-10, my Mom's 89th birthday.

Good luck to all as we try to get out of this egg thing we are in.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join