It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of our food must be Alien food!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Think about it!
If you believe that Aliens came to Earth and gave us agriculture, wouldn't you expect them to bring their own seeds?
after all there's nothing like home cooked food, right

When the skeptics shoot you down, always remember that the evidence is in their gut.

Could you Imagine that the cabbage came from Nibiru or Saturn

It's ridiculous to suggest one theory is correct without the other theory I present to you

edit on 083131p://f46Wednesday by Seventytwo because: Wrong language

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seventytwo
Think about it!
If you believe that Aliens came to Earth and gave us agriculture, wouldn't you expect them to bring their own seeds?

When the skeptics shoot you down, always remember that the evidence is in their gut.

It's ridiculous to suggest one theory is correct without the other theory I present to you

Could you point to a vegetable that does not have DNA or cannot be linked to any other plant on Earth?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Ever seen skunk cabbage? definite proof!!

It's edible- but apparently burns the mouth...but it's got medicinal uses as well. Look here if you want to find out a bit more about skunk cabbage.
edit on 6-10-2010 by WretchedShrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Maybe the food in school lunches?

ed it on 10/6/2010 by PennKen2009 because: put up better pic, alien food!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Think about it!

Could you point to a vegetable that does not have DNA or cannot be linked to any other plant on Earth?

Thank you I appreciate your comment.
Could you please explain why the DNA would be different?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by WretchedShrew
Ever seen skunk cabbage? definite proof!!

It's edible- but apparently burns the mouth...but it's got medicinal uses as well. Look here if you want to find out a bit more about skunk cabbage.

Must be Alien

Although I was expecting something you inhaled.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I thought alien food would just be tiny capsules full of needed supplements, no time for taste when you're zippin around the galaxy at the speed of light in your fancy UFOs.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Seventytwo

Because it would have a different evolutionary history. Everything on Earth has a common ancestor and as such our DNA is very similar. Even humans and bananas share many of their genes. If you introduce something that evolved from organisms not of this planet, its DNA would be very different.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Your jumping major leaps for guessing there mate. If anything the DNA throughout the entire universe would share the same structure, just slight variations. Plus science now guess (thats all they can do about most things) that life first started here by microbes and bacteria from comets of ice that hit the earth billions of years ago then life evolved from that.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Any food that is blue is definitely alien food.
I don't eat food that is blue.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Any food that is blue is definitely alien food.
I don't eat food that is blue.

I cant even imagine any food that is blue

Are blueberrys blue?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

Blueberries.
Blue m&ms
Blue oysters.

Ok..I'm done. Too silly.

edit on 10/6/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
As long as we're speculating I'd venture to say all of our food is technically alien. From a scientific perspective, life probably came from the universe and outside of the earth itself where it flourished within our environment. On the other hand, if aliens survive the trip through space with capsules maybe they brought along some seeds for themselves to actually enjoy real food during their stay here, whether it was short or long term. Or maybe they brought seeds for us because they didn't have enough capsules for us for eternity and needed to give us seeds in order to be self sufficient. I'm sticking to my first statement but anything's possible I suppose.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
If you want a plant with odd genetics you could try to work out what is going on with PHALAENOPSIS orchids, They can have 19, 38 or 76 chromosomes and still be the same plant

link

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

that is interesting.
something to ponder, no doubt.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Think about it!

edit on 083131p://f46Wednesday by Seventytwo because: Wrong language

Really would this be a problem, with replicators they could just make what ever that they wanted, unless they wanted fresh meat, but they have that problem solved already also if they prefer fresh human.

The other concern could be like the rule of non interference, in star trek, they could be changing a natural order of things, if they brought lunch.

Another thing is they would most likely be machinces if they had anytime to develop, then all they would need is raw materials and oil.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Blue oysters...

No, it's not that it is blue, it's that it is an oyster. Surely it is the phlegm coughed up by an alien into a shell, and not a living animal.
The fact people can look at that and want to not just put it into their mouth but swallow it turns my stomach. Really.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I worry we are the food...Do the cows know why they are in the barn???

top topics

join