It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do? See a cool thread, then go search for an earlier one to post to?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I'm torn on what to do.

It seems my general usage is to browse the recent posts.

I guess I should be more proactive on a topic, but I'm generally looking to be inspired by something serendipitously.

So, I want to respect previous posts, I would want others too if I had made one, but I also feel obliged to the active thread that caught my attention in the recent post listing.

What's the protocol? I see often in threads, a reprimand for not having searched before posting, but does that only apply to the OP? or to the ongoing replies as well?

or do you not really care?

disclaimer: since this is the 'newb' forum, I wanted to actually make a post while striving towards my 20, to not search for this topic.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I think most of the time people will add a link to a previous thread if what they're saying coincides with an existing thread or if the current thread pertains to it.

I've noticed several threads that were serendipitously inspired by other threads that they didn't want to "hijack," and so made a new thread to talk about their idea.

Welcome to posting
I've only recently began posting after having been here a while myself.
edit on 6-10-2010 by Zoodie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I would recommend that you use the search feature.

Some of the greatest threads are in the archives.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Zoodie

Thanks, different vibe when you participate rather than just watch, I like it for sure.

I've noticed that too, the thread spawn, but can see both sides, sometimes there seems to be a new thread trajectory when you start at page 1 , rather than 200, but seems like you are going to miss out on the input of all the resident experts.

top topics

join