It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I'm Here at ATS and What Led Me Here.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
(Uranium deposits on that land would have been more than enough reason for them to take your land) There are many Uranium mines listed for that area

That was most certainly the reason. Not only on our old land, there are deposits extending to south of Grand Junction and through that whole area and around the Morrison Formation.

As I understood it, at the time it happened the uses were ill defined, but they knew controlling it would be important. My family only knew that you don't touch it or let your Livestock near it.

My guess is the value of what came from the land must have been in the realm of billions in today's prices and dollars.

You know, my family never did get angry about that. They loved America and considered part of being a good citizen even though they got the shaft. They knew what opportunities were here and appreciated them. In WW2 many of my family walked away from their own Farms and Ranches to work doing things like building Jeeps and in my Fathers case to work in the San Diego Ship Yards.

My Wife is giving me the evil eye as it's time to go home, so I'll post more later tonight.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

can u give any more information on the location of the farm ,would be interesting to look at on google earth thx

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
You people post longs posts. What the juice? Whens the invasion? Is this guy a nutjob or are we onto something, thanks

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

prove it..is this fabricated...did you have to set the mood that much...kind of got in the way of the point u were trying ti make...or was the mood actually the point. lolol

im pulling your leg...nice stories u got there.

i got one if you want to hear it.

i used to get very heavy nose bleeds at night...i wake up with my pillow drenched in blood..used to freak me out, but my parents said its from the heat - though i live in londons icy climate ..
the one morning...on my way downstairs to the toilet i felt something sticky on the back of my arm (no filthy jokes please), i felt my tricep and tucked up against the back of my shoulder was a "patch" of TAR like substance, a very oily, sticky, yellow like honey but more tar like. since that night i get a sharp/electrical pinch?

its bothered me for over 20yrs...while writing this i looked in the mirror for it...and the mark is still there.
im like a dark bronze/gold colour but the patch is lighter...still frigin visible....also my nose bleeds stopped that night...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

One day, 7 pages, more than 90 flags, and well deserved Blaine

I hope this thread sticks around, and what is most beneficial is other people sharing their stories as to why they were drawn to ATS and why they decided to become and stay members.

There are some great reads in this thread, beginning with the OP, of course, thanks again for this thread Blaine,
ET

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Salamandy

Even nutjobs can be onto something

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I was young when saw my first UFO. My mother had too get me out from school early to go to the doctors office. Oddly enough to finish my last immunization shots in 2nd grade. This was when we lived in El Paso Texas. It was mid-day and we drove from the eastside of town to the west side where the hospital was at.

Halfway through the city is a spaghetti bowl of freeways and as we went up one of the ramps I peered into the clouds and saw an orb shooting in and out of the clouds above the Fort Bliss military base. I yelled over to my mom and asked if she saw it but she looked and could not. That night on the 10:00 P.M. network news someone had captured on film what could have been the same orb but at night and it was glowing. I can only infer it was the same UFO I called my parents into the room to tell them that it was the same one I had seen earlier.

I relayed this story to my favorite uncle George Fajardo and his wife Sandy at a family gathering a couple years later and I recieved their UFO sighting and possible abduction story in turn. They were traveling outside of Las Vegas heading to Salt Lake when a UFO hovered no more than what they estimated to be 30 ft above their truck. They tried to out run it in a panick and as they reached their maximum speed light enveloped the truck and the next moment 3 hours had elapsed and they were hundreds of miles from where they thought they had been.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I have not read through this whole thread, but your story and writing skills are compelling. I believe your recounting is factual and from your experience most puzzling. If i may respectfully call you an older man, i too have been drawn to this site due to less then normal experiences. My grandfather who served in the 2nd world war...with Germany as a sidecar driver, had a preoccupation with U.F.O.'s and....death. My parents explained it away as "not well" and i accepted it as that.

But i have had unwelcome experiences with the underworld and it has led me to here for answers. Now filled with "information" from every feild and agenda here on ATS i don't know what to believe.

But being raised as a Christian i still lean toward the idea that UFO's etc is part of the mass deception of the wicked one. Satan.

But if the wicked one can show himself freely in many forms, why cant God?

Why?

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Nice job of relating a lot of incidences, and piecing it together. Many of the added comments from other members helped, too, to add more pieces of the over-all puzzle that were missing. I'm talking about the combinations of various occurrences, like the land-grab and such...but, I digress. (Because, those events may or may NOT be related to ET, or any such activity. Seems like the Cold War era sort of thing...national defense).

Cutting through so much that is (either) sincere mistakes and mis-identifications of odd occurrences, and/or (willful) DIS-information, from whatever sources, makes this topic even more complicated to decipher. Your relating the tales is coming from truth as you know and experienced it, so that's why it resonates, and doesn't smack of deception or simple hysterical ranting. (I'm a bit jealous, as I have often wanted to "see" or "encounter" something, in order to have my own personal perspective to compare....).

I take great umbrage, at times, with certain others who (in my opinion) sully the seriousness of this phenomenon by "speculating" in a way that masquerades as "fact-finding", or "assertions"....in other words, some use disparate facts they've collected, and massage them in order to make a square peg fit into the round whole of reality. Speculating, and even "wild guessing" about some things is fine and dandy, as long as it's made clear that they are opinions, and aren't presented in such a way as alleged "facts".

OK...hopefully that is understood (and not misunderstood). I read through the entire thread, and haven't seen one event you related addressed yet, it seemed compelling and I wondered if there was more info. It is this story:

The year after my Father died while visiting my Sister and Brother In-Law in Pearl City, Hawaii where he was stationed, is the next step in this story. The first night we were there they started telling us about an odd thing that happened a few nights before. They were watching the Network News and it was interrupted with a report that a UFO had crashed in Florida and three live Aliens had been found and then the TV went black for nearly ten minutes. When it came back on they never mentioned it again.

My Brother In-Law called his buddy who would have been the one to receive the report for the Navy the next day and he said it was them who had blacked out the TV and he could not talk about it. He was never able to get any information beyond it was a person with the military that leaked the story and it was them who blacked out the TV for a few minutes to clean it up.

Piecing together your personal timeline, this would be in the 1967-1978 range, correct? Is there more on the events in Florida? Is this in any way related to the (rather famous) "Gulf Breeze" series of sightings? Maybe not, they popped up in later years.

A (relatively quick) online search turned up nothing in Florida for that time-frame...however, what did come up reminded me of the famous Shag Harbor, Nova Scotia sighting (and "crash") in 1967. Very great deal of focus on that incident, so I wondered why the Florida story has been buried so effectively (?) since, as you noted, it DID (briefly) make it out onto the airwaves in a TV newscast.......

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I want to thank you for sharing your story. I don't know you, so I don't know how much of a skeptic you are or aren't. My question to you is what do you think was the nature of the craft you saw? You mentioned german ancestry.. the germans were known to have had saucer technology during WWII. Did the craft that you or your parents saw display any characteristics that would have ruled them out as experimental military project?

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

For whatever it is worth...I will share my own "unexplained experience"...not overly exciting but true all the same.

Years ago I was driving along a relatively busy road at night and turned onto a rural road...forrest on both sides.

Up ahead I saw a man with his car in the middle of the road stopped and standing beside his car with the door open...right then my car just died, the engine, the electricity ..everything and I rolled to a stop about 10 yards behind the guy stopped in the road.

I turned the key...nothing. No dashboard lights, no engine turning over...nothing.

I stepped out of the car and looked at the man beside his car in front of me.

The first thing I noticed was a loud electrical humming comming from the woods beside the road.

I called to the man..."did your car stall"...he said "yes, it won't even turn over." I remember both of us had relatively new cars and trying to make sense of the situation. Two new cars in the night going completely dead yards from eachother at the same time and place...a loud electrical humming comming from the forrest...I just had that odd feeling that something big was happening, but not knowing what it was. I didn't like it. I am a rational person and wanted to understand what was happening. I felt really uncomfortable.

We both stood there beside our cars in the dark, not speaking, there seemed nothing to say, we were just staring at the forrest where the loud electrical humming sound was comming from...how long? I couldn't tell you.

But then the noise just stopped....and all at once both of our headlights, radio etc. came back on at the same time. It startled me.

He slowly got into his car, started it and drove away...I did the same..

Just one of those things that happened that I suspect I will never be able to explain.

I didn't see lights or a ufo etc. No nightmares of aliens or subsequent "visitations"... But all the same, a bizzare and unexplained moment that I still think about on occassion. I have never been able to reconcile that moment with what I know about science, probability, mechanics etc. That event just doesn't make sense to me, but happened just as I recounted it.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

I had the unusual experience of seeing both ball and sheet lightning in the same storm while in Moab, Utah ironically. What your describing sounds far different to me.

With my own sighting what I find most troubling is that I'll likely never know what that thing hovering over me was. I know that just like you searching the Internet, I go through every photo looking for one that looks the same.

Your description sounds like others I've read of small orbs of light. My thoughts have been fairly neutral on those, even wondering like you if they are a natural thing like ball lightning.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

I've been looking at what you found and the pic of the pond. I've worked on oil rigs in my youth, but the only time I've been around the Uranium mines was visiting core drilling rigs with my Father while looking for fossils. The mud pits near rigs look different but that does not mean much.

I'd love to get back to Green River with time to look around more and see if I can find a Cousin or relative who knows the area as it is now. People who knew my Father would likely all be gone now.

What I saw last I was there was not much. I drove out what open roads I could find. Lots of the old roads were fenced off. That was a wide open area when I was young so the Ranchers and once a year the Sheep Herders had access. Once a year a huge flock of Sheep was herded through there. I remember waiting for hours for the Flock to pass once while on a dirt road with no way around. Now though, its like so many other places, public land just means fenced off land nobody can access.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013

I find the part about the tv especially thought provoking, I guess that means that the govt is constantly monitoring every news source 24/7 and only lets out the stuff we are 'allowed" to hear.

That was in a different era, but no doubt they still have the ability to black out stuff if they wish. For national security reasons it makes sense they would, but like other things it would have a good purpose as well as bad purpose.

It would be an interesting question to ask an insider in the technical end of Broadcast Tech.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Great Day
But being raised as a Christian i still lean toward the idea that UFO's etc is part of the mass deception of the wicked one. Satan.

But if the wicked one can show himself freely in many forms, why cant God?

Why?

Because according to that story line the wicked one was given dominion over the Earth. As I recall he was cast down to tempt us weak humans to mess up. Seems we are doing a fine job of that if you read daily news

But seriously what if your totally WRONG? What if the flying things we see are in fact minions of God doing whatever they need to do? After all that story book is full of tales of God and Angels appearing in 'crafts' or 'clouds' that fit the description of many modern UFO sightings.

If they were a plot of the wicked Lucifer (Bringer of Light) would they not be more aggressive then merely flying around doing no harm?

Its all a matter of how you look at things

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
It would be an interesting question to ask an insider in the technical end of Broadcast Tech.

Well since TV broadcast have a delay so they can bleep out slip ups, it seems logical they could remove unwanted content and switch to a pre-recorded message I have seen many news casts interupted for technical reasons So many nowadays that few even take notice

As to digging through Archives for old reports... its almost impossible unless you have specific details or know the headline which doesn't always match the story

I just tried ATS search to find something I posted only a year ago and took me some time to do that

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by witness63

I think we all end up spending our lives searching when we encounter things we can't explain, with what we know about the world around us. I keep looking for a picture of the UFO that hovered over me. I have a clear picture in my head, but all I can do is give the same description of a metallic saucer shape so many others have.

JFK was something I've read much about also. I still remember campaigning for him in the mock elections my school held and them rolling the radio into the classroom when he was shot. We listened for about an hour while they called our Parents and sent us home. The whole country started to shut down. He had a presence about him that just listening to him speak on TV, you felt as if he was a trusted friend. Everyone walked around in mourning for days. He and Reagan were the only two leaders in my memory that had that power.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by arizonascott

Interesting account. Could you describe them further?

I agree about the emotions. For years I looked up and hoped for a repeat. After time passed I almost wondered if my memory was true, but then my sighting was so clear I can't doubt it. I just never spoke of it, not because I was worried about ridicule but I never felt compelled to talk about it.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Now though, its like so many other places, public land just means fenced off land nobody can access.

Yes I have noticed that acres and acres closed of with warning signs because this area has a rare cactus or this area is now reserved for the desert tortoise

John Lear ran into that when BLM shut down his mine, despite the fact that the state of Nevada supported him. The reason given was to preserve the area for the tortoise. I talked to many of those who hunted in the area No one has ever seen a tortoise in that area in 20- plus years.

But the odd thing is we used to see military helicopters flying in low up the valley and then suddenly stop over a ridge and white vans would drive in and out... we never did find out where they went. Now the road to get out that far was 2 hours of a road from hell (no maintenance save 2 gradings a year)

I am going to watch that place. The whole area is covered with early man sites, then Anasasi, Spanish gold miners (we found 3 aristas) Depression area tent cities and the 1800/1900 Miners. Petroglyphs and artifacts all over the place and they say its for the turtle

Tax dollars hard at work

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join