It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama's election linked to an increase in racism.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Perceptions about the state of black-white relations in America have fallen dramatically since the summer of 2009. But voters are still more optimistic about that relationship than they are about relations between whites and Hispanics and between blacks and Hispanics.

www.rasmussenreports.com...

They say the survey had a 95% accuracy with a -3/+3 margin of error on the sample.
I dont know if I have noticed a change... but I live in a predominatly white area. Has anyone seen a change?

I have never posted a topic like this. So I do not know if I am posting this in the right area.
Thank you ahead of time, if you have to move it.

Apparently the study shows that African-Americans confidence in the nation’s direction, soared after Barack Obama’s Election. Only 20% of all voters think that race relations between whites and Hispanics are improving. A whooping 50% say they think race relations between the races are getting worse. And 24% say they are getting worse.
Here is the big difference in opinion - 59% of African-Americans feel that the country is heading in the right direction, with 27% of whites thinking they are on course.

edit on 6-10-2010 by Mobius1974 because: (no reason given)

I decided to search google to see what was being said anound the net.
Again, I say I haven't noticed a change. I was shocked. I thought this study must have it wrong. Wow .... The headlines are not bad, but I am sure that is encouraged to keep everyone calm and happy. When you get into the forums on the subject.... It gets very one sided.

Nearly everyone in the threads agree, racism has grown since Obama's election.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
It's kind of a hard question to answer, since it has to be based on your own experiences.........
Without being rude there is one black family on the island and the only hisp0anics I see do yard work and construction.......so I really couldn't say personally. However, in the news, I'd say they have gotten worse, till hate crimes against whites that aren't charged, the whole NBBP mess and lack of prosecution, I'd say the blacks are feeling more resentment, but it's misdirected, they voted for Obama, he dropped the ball, be mad at him.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

I don't know if I would say that Obama is doing a bad job. I would say that he is doing as well, all around, as any of the available options could have.

These are rough times. Things are not going to turn around fast. To blame Obama for everything, is irresponsible.
BUT... at the same time...He is no superman He was suposed to be one step above the rest. A savior, that was to bring us out of this mess. I don't think that anyone of the other candidates could have pulled us out any faster.

If I were to base an opinion on the news, I would say that I also think things are getting worse. Police are not helping the issue. At the same time you see an apparent unrest in the hispanics, with the immigration issue. The tone and climate has changed between blacks and whites. That is the impression that the news and comment sections of articles.
Like everything in life, I find myself very sceptical of this overall impression of relations. What would be the immediate benefit to someone for there to be race tension.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I think BHO's election set up a huge expectation by African-Americans that couldn't ever possibly be fulfilled. And with the economy the way it is (lack of jobs) it’s just created a situation where BHO is in a no-win situation.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bowlbyville

I 100% agree. Mcain would have had us in Iran already. His tone and stance would have created millions of additional anti-american people. BHO is definetly in a no win situation. Nobody knew exactly how bad things would get.

join