It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attack on U.S. Sovereignty -- 11 Latin American Countries to Weigh In on Arizona's Illegal Immigran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
" Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer is opposing a court ruling that lets other countries file a friend-of-the-court brief in her appeal of a decision that put parts of the state's new immigration law on hold."

The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals has granted permisssion to Mexico, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Paraguay and Peru to present their viewpoints on Arizona's law on illegal immigrants.

The opinions of foreign governments on whether or not Arizona's law is within the U.S. Constitution is ABSURD and is an ATTACK on U.S. sovereignty.

Read more: www.miamiherald.com...

You can practically bet that Eric Holder (Dept of Justice) will uphold the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals decision.

This absurd decision revives the spectre of Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) efforts to create a new "North American Community." The implementation date for this new North American Community was 01 Jan 2010 -- which means it's already being implemented. See cfr.org to look at the numerous cfr publications on "Building A North American Community."

I'm convinced that Obama is a NWO president, a Globalist who isn't interested in protecting Americans. Hence the attacks on Arizona's law, the delays in protecting the border, etc.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
At this point, if we had a real president, with our countries best interests at heart, he'd step in and put an end to this nonsense right now. I think that is gonna happena bout as much as the Bucs winning the Super Bowl this year. What a joke........Holder is a worthless yes man, and his boss is too...................whom Obama answers to non this one is beyond me. This is an attack on America, but I'm sure after he's done campaigning for the 2012 election he'll get right on it.........Where is Clinton in all this? Ummmmm, doesn't this kind of fall under her job description? Every single one of the people in this admiinistration is a first class joke and some of them at this point need to be impeached, recalled, fired, you know, move on to the private sector where they can make money from liberal colleges speaking out about how much they did for us

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Directly connected to the topic of the OP is:

" The CFR has published a book, entitled "Building A North American Community." Authored by three elite members of the New York-based organization, the book calls for the ending of American sovereignty and the overthrow of the American Constitution and government.

The CFR's membership of 4,275, demands that by the year 2010, America as we once knew it will no longer exist. The North American Union will join the European Community and the ASEAN (Asian) Union as the three major subdivisions of the planned global governance system, as envisioned by Rockefeller's Trilateral Commission.

As shocking as this is, equally upsetting is that President George Bush, Mexican President Vicente Fox, and Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin met in Waco, Texas, March 23, 2005, and signed a secret pact called the Security and Prosperity Partnership. That pact, prepared by CFR and Bilderberg administrators, sets forth step-by-step what each nation must do to insure the new, merged 'nation,' the North American Union, is fully operational by the year 2010."

I realize that most Americans consider this NAU (North American Union) a joke. It's NOT a joke. Just this year (2010) I heard on TV people discussing the prospect of trying out the Amero in Latin American countries first.

I strongly suspect our economy & dollar is being collapsed on purpose.

Latin American countries weighing in on Arizona law?!

Has it occurred to anyone that the NAU has been enacted, put in to effect, without bothering to inform the U.S.?

edit on 6-10-2010 by SeaWind because: Correction of punctuation & added question.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
At this point, if we had a real president, with our countries best interests at heart, he'd step in and put an end to this nonsense right now. I think that is gonna happena bout as much as the Bucs winning the Super Bowl this year. What a joke........Holder is a worthless yes man, and his boss is too...................whom Obama answers to non this one is beyond me. This is an attack on America, but I'm sure after he's done campaigning for the 2012 election he'll get right on it.........Where is Clinton in all this? Ummmmm, doesn't this kind of fall under her job description? Every single one of the people in this admiinistration is a first class joke and some of them at this point need to be impeached, recalled, fired, you know, move on to the private sector where they can make money from liberal colleges speaking out about how much they did for us

I totally agree with you, Adifferentbreed! All of this is being done on purpose. And I don't think the majority of Americans are really aware of what's going on. Especially the Liberal Lefties. They will not deign to watch Fox News, and you can practically bet this is not going to be covered well (if at all) by the Liberal media.

It's not that I'm a die-hard, credulous fan of Fox, but it's the only TV news outlet that offers an opposing view to the Liberal MSM monolith.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I oppose the Arizona Immigration law based upon Civil Liberties and the states infringement upon them authorized within the premise of this bill. But the opinions of foreign nations has no regard to internal policies of US states and having the supposed president permitting this invasion of American politics and governance is belittling to our Constitution, our people and our government.

The opinions of Mexico and Paraguay and others is simply irrelevant, if they have a problem they have a right to ask the US Diplomat serving in their nation or if they cannot solve it that way invite the US to the International Court in the Hague, but it will be the Federal Government who must defend Arizona from external forces.

So they can bomb a country that never has harmed us in any way but they gladly invite foreign nations into our legal system to attack a US state which one of the few powers authorized to the Federal Government to do is protect the states, which is obviously not happening right now.
edit on 10/6/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
I oppose the Arizona Immigration law based upon Civil Liberties and the states infringement upon them authorized within the premise of this bill. But the opinions of foreign nations has no regard to internal policies of US states and having the supposed president permitting this invasion of American politics and governance is belittling to our Constitution, our people and our government.

The opinions of Mexico and Paraguay and others is simply irrelevant, if they have a problem they have a right to ask the US Diplomat serving in their nation or if they cannot solve it that way invite the US to the International Court in the Hague, but it will be the Federal Government who must defend Arizona from external forces.

So they can bomb a country that never has harmed us in any way but they gladly invite foreign nations into our legal system to attack a US state which one of the few powers authorized to the Federal Government to do is protect the states, which is obviously not happening right now.

Misoir, I'm suddenly reminded of Mexican President Calderon's lecture to the U.S. Congress about Arizona's law (May 2010). He was smirking. And most of the Dems in Congress cheered him on -- incredible.

I have a strong feeling the American public is NOT being told the truth of what is really going on.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Misoir, are you a fan of Glenn Beck? I like most of what Glenn Beck has to say, even though I'm not a Christian Fundie or a Mormon. Beck has vision. This is connected to the OP, bear with me.

One of the questions that keeps bothering me about Beck on TV is this: Why do they allow him on? He openly attacks the Obama Regime -- deservedly.

Rupert Murdoch (who owns Fox & the Wall Street Journal) supported Obama. Is it just for the high ratings?

Then it occurred to me: TPTB do NOT consider Beck dangerous. Beck creates a useful distraction. The Tea Partiers are too late? I hope I'm wrong on this.

As for Beck, he strikes me as sincere. If he's not, he deserves an Oscar.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
have we had enough yet?
are we awake enough to see
the US Flag being lowered
and retired?
are we too blind to see
the Constitution shredded
everyday in our court system?

have we had enough yet?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SeaWind

I don't buy into Glenn Beck one bit and even if he was sincere he is merely a pseudo-libertarian. If you believe anyone in the media is at all worried about your well being than you are living in a fantasy land (I'm not saying you directly).

Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin run the Tea Party now, de facto that is. It was formed by the followers of Ron Paul who were Libertarians and now they have been invaded by big money, media moguls and people who wish to manipulate the Tea Party to fulfill their aspirations. The Tea Party is no longer the completely grassroots and Libertarian movement it once was, take my recent thread for example where half of Tea Partiers say America is a Christian nation. Although I would like them to define what they mean, a Libertarian would not say that.

Then you have Beck's restore honor rally which was a Christian get-together and celebrate their interpretation of America based around a Orthodox Christian view (I know Beck is Mormon). I would have preferred the event to have been political and Libertarian instead of religious.

So yes I do believe Beck deserves an award for best actor of the year and best on stage crying performances.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by SeaWind

I don't buy into Glenn Beck one bit and even if he was sincere he is merely a pseudo-libertarian. If you believe anyone in the media is at all worried about your well being than you are living in a fantasy land (I'm not saying you directly).

Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin run the Tea Party now, de facto that is. It was formed by the followers of Ron Paul who were Libertarians and now they have been invaded by big money, media moguls and people who wish to manipulate the Tea Party to fulfill their aspirations. The Tea Party is no longer the completely grassroots and Libertarian movement it once was, take my recent thread for example where half of Tea Partiers say America is a Christian nation. Although I would like them to define what they mean, a Libertarian would not say that.

Then you have Beck's restore honor rally which was a Christian get-together and celebrate their interpretation of America based around a Orthodox Christian view (I know Beck is Mormon). I would have preferred the event to have been political and Libertarian instead of religious.

So yes I do believe Beck deserves an award for best actor of the year and best on stage crying performances.

Thank you, Misoir, for the info (no sarcasm intended). I don't belong to any political or religious organization. I like Beck's idea of returning to the ideals of the Founding Fathers -- I really believe these were extraordinary people. I'm afraid the U.S. went off track a long time ago.

Do you think the U.S. can be saved?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SeaWind

I've said it before on here: We could easily annex Mexico and solve the illegal immigration problem.

The drug cartels are no match for the best of the U.S Military.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SeaWind

You must not ask me that question it's up to the people to make that decision. If they grow tired enough of the abuse they will rise up and remove their complacency, but until that day the ones who have already awoken can only do two things.

1. Spread the knowledge that we already have,
2. Be angry at the overall populace for their lack of motivation and sheep like actions.

We don't currently have many respectable people who could restore our nation to its constitutional foundations and principles, our founding fathers were very wise men for their time and an inspiration to this entire Republic. Only if we can harness a tenth of their passion we could restore our nation to greatness.

link   
Do we need to include crazy refrences to our government when the problem is with those latin governments that are crying about Arizona. Lets just enforce Mexico's law since it is better than ours

Under the Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony, punishable by up to two years in prison. Immigrants who are deported and attempt to re-enter can be imprisoned for 10 years. Visa violators can be sentenced to six-year terms. Mexicans who help illegal immigrants are considered criminals.
The law also says Mexico can deport foreigners who are deemed detrimental to "economic or national interests," violate Mexican law, are not "physically or mentally healthy" or lack the "necessary funds for their sustenance" and for their dependents.

Per Washington Post : www.washingtontimes.com...

link   
reply to post by Misoir

This is pretty much the case at this point.

Ron Paul doesn't need the Tea Party at this point, which makes his views more valuable to folks that likely don't share most of his views (like me for example!).

Let Beck and Palin take turns screwing their flock. The truth doesn't need them.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
have we had enough yet?
are we awake enough to see
the US Flag being lowered
and retired?
are we too blind to see
the Constitution shredded
everyday in our court system?

have we had enough yet?

Boondock-saint, what would you advise we do? It doesn't seem that enough people are even interested in this topic. I guess a three-headed calf would be more interesting to the average American than saving the sovereignty of his/her country.

People need to be AWARE of what's being done to their country.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by coolhanddan

What happens when the prisons are overflowing with illegal immigrants? Who's footing the bill for those folks?

Just invade and annex Mexico if you want to stop these immigrants. It will give you more land, expanded borders and these folks will no longer have to sneak in to have the opportunities that we have.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

This kind of blind jingoism is more of a threat to this country than illegal immigrants.

The constitution is far from a perfect document, yet, people put it up on a pedestal.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by SeaWind

I've said it before on here: We could easily annex Mexico and solve the illegal immigration problem.

The drug cartels are no match for the best of the U.S Military.

The Sword, I like the idea of crushing the drug cartels! But I'm sure that annexing Mexico would only create WORSE problems for the U.S. -- like even greater masses of desperate, impoverished people streaming across the border to pillage the Americanos.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SeaWind

The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals has granted permisssion to Mexico, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Paraguay and Peru to present their viewpoints on Arizona's law on illegal immigrants.

Ahhh, the wonders of the 9th circuit court. Yet again, they trample legal citizens rights to protect the rights of criminals (both the illegal immigrant kind, and the ones behind bars in jail.). But this is staggering, even by the low standards of the 9th circuit...

To call Mexico's opinion on the Arizona law hypocritical would be an understatement.

If ever there was an example of why legal American citizens should wake the hell up, this would be it. According legitimacy to opinion from foreign countries on a matter of internal law is reprehensible...

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

If you have something better and more thought out by qall means share................
Until such time, I gotta go with the Saint on this one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join