It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why aren't there more questions on the "Falcon Lake Jet Ski Murder?"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
When I first heard this story, I was struck by all the comments on articles and blogs about how this proves we need better border control. The fact that border control would do nothing to protect Americans in Mexico, as this couple was kind of made the issue get muddy fast. I am still seeing a lot of "We need to do this" and "We need to do that" when in fact this incident supposedly happend in Mexico, on the Mexican side of the border, in what is no longer the USA. Since when is it the job of US authorities to protect people for going to other countries? I was mugged once in Canada and no one in the States really cared much. So this has become a political football that fits perfectly into the American narrative at the moment.

What really strikes me is that there seem to be few people questioning this outside Mexican authorities and that is apparently not making many friends. I have heard many different versions of the story by this time so I am not even sure where to begin questioning it but none of them really make a lot of sense. If anyone is certain what her version of events is and it has not been contradicted by herself already, I would like to hear it.

At this point she fled, she circled back, she left him after watching him fall, she tried to pull him up, he was in front of her and went over his handle, he was behind her and she looked back, she saw him shot, she did not see the bullet hole until turning him over, they got him in the head with an AK-47 200 yards away from a boat to a moving jet ski but could not figure out what to do with her, they stopped shooting at her and then chased her, etc. These stories are getting a little odd and all I really see is people railing more about border control.

The last thing that stood out to me was today on television. I saw just a bit of her interview and she was crying but it looked saddly familiar. She had the same "tearless" crying that we have all seen in the Susan Smiths around the world.

I hate to come off as defending anything Mexican drug cartels might do. That is not my issue. If someone blames a known killer for killing their husband, it seems a little insincere to just believe them because of who they accuse. I am just focused on the wife's account so far of this tale. It just does not ring true.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
To be honest, I haven't seen enough to even have a remotely educated opinion other than the fact that you're an idiot if you choose to jet ski on that side of the lake.

This story is ripe for propaganda on many levels.

Peace

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Falcon lake use to be a great place to go fishing. The Mexican authorities use to patrol the southern part of that lake regularly as the American fishermen and other lake goers use to bring quite a bit of money to the local economy. The US side of the lake was pretty well built up as well and the police and border patrol presence was pretty evident. You saw them patrolling the lake in their boats all the time.

In recent years, the south side of the lake has taken a decided bad turn. Many of the people who use to live there are gone and American's aren't as welcome on the south side as they use to be. I haven't been back in a couple of years, but the place had a bad feel the last time I was there. There's great fishing in that lake but it's not worth the danger that that area poses these days.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall
The last thing that stood out to me was today on television. I saw just a bit of her interview and she was crying but it looked saddly familiar. She had the same "tearless" crying that we have all seen in the Susan Smiths around the world.

...susan smith stunt - yep... i wonder how many other people thought the same...

Originally posted by Curiousisall
If someone blames a known killer for killing their husband, it seems a little insincere to just believe them because of who they accuse.

...exactly...

...her story is not the least bit believable... she cant even tell it the same way twice... so, blaming mexican pirates or a cartel is WAY too convenient...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Plus from what i've heard so far at least, there's no dead body that they've found as of yet? Also pretty impressive that she knew it was an AK-47? If she's an Army vet, i'll give her that one. But still....

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
To be honest, I haven't seen enough to even have a remotely educated opinion other than the fact that you're an idiot if you choose to jet ski on that side of the lake.

This story is ripe for propaganda on many levels.

Peace

I feel like I have the opposite problem. I have seen too much but it has all been so little. I have seen many many little fragmented reports and they contradict. They are all reports of reports, I have not seen any from the witness herself and yet still all kinds of versions of the story. Then there is the little that I did see of her which was the tearless crying I mentioned before.

It seems strange this is not getting better, more accurate coverage. As you have said, you have heard little. When looking it up though I found no shortage of internet articles and blogs about it that were full of comments about closing the border.

I understand there is a lot of confusion in this story but I do not see many people going out of their way in these comments to point out this happened in Mexico, not the US. They left the nice safe protection of the USA and went to a place that is known to be dangerously patrolled by pirates and/or drug cartels and people think border security will somehow do something about these types of issues.

Maybe it was supposed to be bigger propaganda but is quietly slipping away as it finds the same light as the aformentioned Smith, as well as the Sharon Angle headless bodies in the desert. People are seeing through it so best to shut it down quietly perhaps? It just strikes me as odd more people are not just curious about this story.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
You know...I haven't thought about it from this perspective...but you bring up some good points.

They shoot the husband...and then stop to tell her "you have to go"...I'm sure that is what I heard her say today on the news.

At first I was thinking "wow...what a bunch of idiots going into Mexico's water where there are known drug cartels...survival of the fittest I guess".

But now I'm thinking that maybe this is a cover story...maybe the little blondie offed her hubby.

Makes a better movie that way anyway.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

That does make me curious. I have heard reports that they were at a distance of about 200 yards apart. If that is true then a headshot from a moving boat to a moving jet ski at that distance from an AK-47 seems pretty damn good. Maybe I am a poor shot but I have never actually tried shooting anything from a boat at any distance.

I am sure there are some true marksmen on ATS somewhere that could opine on that.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
OK I may be reaching at straws with this one but I watch way too much TRU tv -(Forensic Files, Cold Case Files, etc) all that true crime stuff. There is one thing that usually stands out when it comes to cases of people that murdered their spouse or child(ren) that usually gets pointed out as a point of interest to investigators.

That is the tense in which the loved one's are referred to. When someone is talking about someone who is simply missing and refer to them in the past tense, they always seem to kind of jump on that. I am not sure what the opposite means.

Mexican authorities are questioning the story but I believe that was a given. One GMA she seemed to be asked about those skeptics only and not really questioned in a manner that would lead me to believe GMA had any doubts about her story. Almost kept a distance.

Skeptics are doubting the story told by Tiffany Hartley that Mexican teenage pirates shot and killed her husband, David Michael Hartley, on the Mexican side of Texas' Falcon Lake.
"It's hard just to hear it," she told Good Morning America. "But I can see if from their point of view. I can understand why they might think that, but it's not true...I would never even think about hurting my husband...I love him."
Mexican authorities have said there is no evidence of a crime as described by Tiffany Hartley. She told police the pirates shot her husband in the head. David, nor his jet ski, has not been recovered.
Apparently, he was killed after attempting to take photographs of an old church on the Mexican side of the lake.
AllVoic es.com

So she saw him shot in the head and left his body floating in the water as she fled the pirates. But she loves him. I know it is a stretch but what if he is plenty alive, sitting in a bar in Mexico waiting for the wife to cash in, get rid of the heat, and come meat up with him?

Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Yeah I kind of got it the way you did. At first I was shocked, then thought well I guess that is what they get for making the choices they made but then it all came around to this idea I cannot shake that I have seen, heard, read this story before and it was all a bunch of crap about some group of random strangers selectively taking out the loved ones of a sweet young girl who cannot cry real tears.

Something just smells really rotten here.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
...hey, curious... heres some updates...

...(sidebar: they might possibly indicate that maybe, just maybe, we've watched too many forensic files shows, lol, or read too many of anne rule's books - i've read em all)...

www.nydailynews.com... tml

www.kens5.com...

...the last sentence of the last article isnt the least bit believable...

...i still think she's guilty of either conspiring with "bad guys" to kill her husband - or - the husband isnt dead at all but hiding somewhere until she collects his life insurance proceeds...

...in that first article, even a congressperson asked if the husband had a life jacket on, how come his corpse didnt float?...

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Thanks, I am really surprised at how this story went from groundbreaking, earthshattering news about the border wars and has just kind of gotten really quiet without much fanfare suddenly. I appreciate the updates. I have to agree it does not help. I never doubted that she and her husband actually went down there with jet skis so that dashcam footage doesn't change much for me here.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I had not even heard of it... Good find...

Can you find the videos and post them. I would like to see them if possible... It sounds very fishy...

No bad humor intended...

I no nothing about this so it peaks my curosity. To much csi's and ncis myself, mixed in with law and order and numbers and criminal minds....

s and f

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Here is somthing for you as to why,no one is looking into this too hard want to lose your head?
www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Sorry for not posting the videos. I was posting this after I saw it on tv but I will have to look. At least just to see this speech she gave that made me really feel and eery old feeling. It seems to be getting MSM exposure but just a little but at the top of every other hour or so if that.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by slinger

Well that certainly adds and interesting twist. Unfortunately the beheadings in Mexico are not so rare as it makes for much of a smoking gun but it certainly adds a wrinkle.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

I found a video of her recalling the event but it is not the one that sparked my interest. However, I cannot help but notice she is again "crying" and again has no tears.

and this is interesting

edit on 10/12/10 by Curiousisall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Well if the Pirates were able to head shot him on a moving jet ski while they were also moving on there speeds boats. Then I am pretty sure that they would also be able to shoot her especially if she tried to "retrieve" her husbands body.

Now taking that shot and hitting him in the head was more then likely a lucky shot and no doubt automatic weapons were used.

I also have to agree that it is quite impressive that a woman would be able to identify the distance and specific weapons used while getting shot at. Especially on a jet ski when you don't really have any cover

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

looking them over I caught a few things and need to go check a few old notes....

as a false flag????

I have to look deeper I will need a few days...

ty for posting the vids...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Well For me it is one of two things,
either she did hire someone to kill her hubby,.
Or since there is no body, maybe they are both in on it.
And besides how many people in their right mind say
"Hey ,. lets go play Russian roulette on this lake today"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join