It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am tired ATS ...so very tired

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I thought i was a strong man ...but i am not . I am a weak man a broken man , and most of all a Lost soul ...

I have been a Mormon, i have been a born again Christian ...i have fallowed many paths to find my God .. i know he is their but why cant i reach him? i fear my soul is going to be lost if i die .. what am i doing wrong ? every religion i seek for truth, i always find ...words that they say come from my god .but the words are filled with greed and lust and control . i understand that god is their and the only way i can explain his exitstance is LOVE .... how do i show my god i love him and i am thankful for my life and every blessing along the way ..do i have to pray to i have to get on my knees ,do i have to take sacrament ,do i have to listen to someone dictate gods words through them?

i am tired ..i have not given up on god ,for i know he is their and every time i look for him i only find love ,not matter what i do ,no matter how much i sin,i find Love ..but all other religions tell me this is not god ... i just feel so broken because i fear that if i dont find him through religion then ill find hell , if their is a hell ,i am just so confused ... its very hard to explain but its like religion is being thrown at me and i have to catch the right one blind folded ...thats the best way to explain it ...

so far duing my years of searching to the true religion or god ..i have felt empty ...and the times that i thought i found the right religion ..i only feel breef periods of happiness , but then something allays drives me away ..its like a bad feeling .

i guess what i am trying to say is this .. i want to make the right choice and not the wrong choice ... cause i fear if what they say about god is true ,that their is a hell ect ect i surly dont want to go their ..

but then on the other hand ..when i think i find what is god ..witch is pure love .. i get a feeling that says their is no hell for anyone ..

i just dont know i am sorry about ranting on ,i hope you all can understand my words ,and i am sorry if they are so confusing ,i am very confused my self ..ill try and answer any questions i can

thank you so very much

Nephi
edit on 6-10-2010 by Nephi1337 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
first you must know yourself and your own mind, then pick a religion to brainwash you.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Hang, in there Nephi,

Give it some time.. The truth will reveal itself..

sometimes the light in the dark is far away, its hard to see.. Or a storm is in the way at the moment.. You'll get their soon..

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephi1337

so far duing my years of searching to the true religion or god ..i have felt empty ...and the times that i thought i found the right religion ..i only feel breef periods of happiness , but then something allays drives me away ..its like a bad feeling .

i guess what i am trying to say is this .. i want to make the right choice and not the wrong choice ... cause i fear if what they say about god is true ,that their is a hell ect ect i surly dont want to go their ..

but then on the other hand ..when i think i find what is god ..witch is pure love .. i get a feeling that says their is no hell for anyone ..

Even our best intuitions and feelings are not proof of anything. All things we believe we know, we simply believe thanks to a specific set of circumstances different for all of us.

There is no way to know which religion is actually right, so why stick with one? Why not find what bits and pieces work for you? Each religion has but a piece of the truth right but is mired in it's own bull*. There is no reason to fear one religion's interpretation of the afterlife, especially when history teaches us that there was no Hell until priests began making it up to stir donations and attendance.

Your feeling of pure love, is closer to the truth than any thing you have read in any book or seen on any youtube video. Stick with that and don't allow closed minded doctrines to scare you into submission.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

God speaks to you through your heart. Seems to me you're looking outward, when you should be looking inward. Stop needing something tangible to maintain your faith, it doesn't work like that. Everything happens in God's time.

Peace

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Hang in there buddy! You know there is a higher power...and that is the first step towards finding what you seek.

Many people here will bash you for finding God, or seeking a path of light/love...that is fine, allow them to do so and hope they cross the roads you did to find your God.

But as Dr Love said above- look inwards...God doesn't give easy rides to anyone, and God surly doesn't make himself overly obvious to those not looking.

It is my personal belief that all religions are made by man and as flawed as any work we have done. I tend to think organized religion does more to make God look false then anything else in this world. If I was you, I wouldn't go looking for any church or book to show you your destiny here on earth or beyond.

You have made the largest step...finding God.

I personally believe the next largest step is to just "let go" and give yourself to that higher power you have found and trust it will bring you where you need to be.

I dunno...I have nothing important to share that will answer your questions...I just am trying to throw some hope your way and cheer you on your path.

I really hope you finish this quest and find happiness. I really, really do!

So, salute to you and God speed!

All love.

MM

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

how long will i have to hang in their ? i feel that being neutral is not the right choice ...i just dont know my good man thank you for your post ...

Nephi

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

thank you so much enumbra ,your words are very pure ... and ill surly try and work this out some how my good man thank you

Nephi

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Nephii...don't get down on yourself...I'm sure we have all been there, or will be there, at some point.

I know I have...I went through something similar that you are going through...searching and searching. I am still searching...but I have come to a place where I am content and any further searching done by me is just for clarity. I will share my search with you and all of ATS here...it is not something I have shared here or many other places...but I feel like I'm in the sharing mood...so here it goes.

I did what you did...looked at this religion...looked at that one...tried to see with one is "the true religion". After looking and looking some more, it became clear to me (and only me...only for my personal beliefs...this is important because I am not trying to say I have found the "truth") that no religion is "the true" religion...and yet in some odd way...they all are. I don't think any of them have all the answers, but I think all of them have some answers. None of them are the universal truth about god...and yet to some individuals they are. That put me at peace...because I know believe that there are no wrong choices...no "right" choices either...there are simply choices. I won't say anyone’s choice is wrong...it is right for them...whether that be Islam, Christianity, Pagan, Atheist or whatever...it is their choice and it works for them. I don't even care (may be interested...but don't wouldn't care to argue if it is right or wrong) about their reasoning behind their choice...it is for them and them only. I do have a problem with people questioning other peoples choices...and I will call them on that by having them question their own choice...but that is another story.

So where do I go from there? For me I decided to look for a religion that best fit me. Because if there is no "wrong" choice and no "right" choice...I might as well find a religion that reflects what I believe. So again...I looked...and looked some more. But still...nothing felt "right" for me. There are some religions out there that match me almost perfectly philosophically and morally...and yet I was not drawn to them. What would I gain from following that religion??? Just a nice way to re-enforce my beliefs? That isn't what I wanted...I didn't need an organization to tell me that what I "believe" is correct. I still wasn't sure what I wanted...I still had some more searching to do.

So in my mind, I had two options left to me...have no specific religion...or choose a religion for a different reason knowing that whatever "religion" I decide I will belong to will not dictate my "beliefs"...I will dictate my beliefs...the religion will simply support my need for a dedicated spot for worship...for some sort of support...and ,for me, most importantly tradition.

I couldn't go the route of having no religion...it just didn't sit well with me...I tried it...I wasn't happy. Like you feel right now...I felt lost...I felt blah...I just didn't feel like this was the right thing for me.

So I decided to choose a religion based on a different reason...my reason was tradition. Why tradition? Because I believe tradition is important...I believe it is important to hand something down from generation to generation...and what was handed down to me was my religion, the customs, and the celebrations around the religion. So I decided to embrace it. I don't agree 100% with my religions teachings...I may not even agree 75% on their teachings...but that does not matter to me anymore. Now people reading this might think "Outkast...tradition is a stupid reason for choosing a religion...and it is even more stupid that you are part of a religion that you don't agree with". And for them...that is true...it would be a stupid reason for them...but it is not for me. And since making this decision...I feel better. And I will pass this tradition down to my children...and I will let them know why I feel it is important as tradition...I will also tell them to do their own searching...but to keep in mind tradition.

Nephii my friend...none of what I just wrote is to try to convince you that you should follow the path I have chosen. But it is to tell you that this is your own search...and your own journey...and whatever conclusion that journey has will be the correct one for YOU. And that is all that is important.

Don't be down Nephii...the journey is fun...enjoy it.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hey man i know where your at, been there and to some degree i still am but heres the craic, do not under any circumstances look towards the crap taught by religions, look out sometimes but like one poster said look in because if theres one thing iv found is that while we are looking at the whirlwind of life and its distractions we are actually missing the breeze of G-d's voice deep inside.
For me sometimes i visualize G-d as a Father figure benevolent,loving and wise with a humor iv yet to get and i talk to him/her as such and im always honest even when im really annoyed with him and stamp my feet like a child.
Stay strong mate and i'll say a prayer for you as will some others here no doubt and keep the relationship with G-d on very personal level theres no need for all the religious paraphernalia.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

If you've really searched so hard and have such a longing, how could your deity fault you for messing up? Any reasonable deity should give points out for showing work towards the truth. You're clearly willing.

To quote the movie Conan:

And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

I'm sorry, just trying to lighten up the mood.

Just try to do some searching for what's right for you.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
It is my personal belief that all religions are made by man and as flawed as any work we have done. I tend to think organized religion does more to make God look false then anything else in this world. If I was you, I wouldn't go looking for any church or book to show you your destiny here on earth or beyond.

This statement is all you need to know. There is no point in looking to organised religion for the answers you need Nephi. Unlike most people you've seen them for what they are: institutions which in actuality have very little to do with God and more to do with control.

If you want to find God, fully and completely, find yourself. Its my personal belief that God (whatever he/she/it is) would be a hell of a lot happier if everyone stopped being herded by greedy power mongers and looked to how they can better understand themselves. Only then will you finally see that whatever it is you need to make you whole has been there all along, right inside of you.

And to quote the Desiderata, "Therefore, be at Peace with God, whatever you perceive Him to be."

God is whatever it is you need Him to be. You want someone to control how you live your life? Go to Church, listen to a priest tell you what Man wants you to hear. You want someone to just love you and want you to be happy? Spend a little time alone appreciating the beautiful world around you. Look past the cities and streets, and outwards. The smallest things are where you will begin to find what you're looking for; a bird, a flower, a star. Then look inside yourself and you will see where you belong, where you are going and what God's purpose is for you....

(I'll give you a clue, it involves you waking up each day with a HUUUUUUGE smile on your face)

new topics

top topics

join