It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would love your opinion on accepting $

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Service is the coin of spirit.

Iam 37 years of age.
I gave my first reading in high school age 15.
I sat my first seance at 18.
I have given private and public seances ever since,I have helped countless people all around the world.
I have ALWAYS given my services for FREE.
I have NEVER charged a cent.
I continue to give my services for FREE,but if i have to travel the recipient must pay the costs of travel,but still my time is FREE.
You may attend a seance with me for FREE.
I have always worked hard,always had a real job.

The only reason you have this gift is to give it to OTHERS,you must share it.

I would never ever recommend paying to see any medium no matter how good they are.
And i say this to all mediums and psychics that are cashing in on peoples emotions,
GET A REAL JOB.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Look at it this way, my field is Veterinary, I'm a tech. Every now and then I would have a client (owner) tip me for what I did in the normal course of my job. I was already getting paid but they chose to do that. If someone offers to pay you for your time and energy, then I would graciously accept, say Thank You and be done.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with accepting a gift of money, service, or of any other sort. It is a showing of appreciation. You have a gift and shared it freely and your being gifted back just as freely. Nothing at all wrong with that.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
If my neighbor baked me a pie, and in turn I mowed their yard when they were out of town, would that not be acceptable? After all, when my neighbor baked me a pie, I did not accept it with the understanding that I HAD to mow their yard, I was returning a kindness.

It's my opinion that as long as you don't make payment a requirement for you to help someone, then you are perfectly able to accept whatever it be that these people you help, want to bestow on you. Personally, I'd hope for pie! But money is just as good, because with money you can buy pie...mmmm pie

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

IMHO you are right not to charge people for the service that you provide because as you said, you have been given a gift by god and let's face it, often the task itself is the reward so nothing else is required. That said, I also believe that those who want to pay you should have a way to do that. I'd suggest a "Donations" box of some sort and leave it up to your clients to "donate" if they want to.

On the flip-side; remember that it's not a bad thing if you do decide to charge. And if it doesn't feel right when you do, then donate some of the money you earn to charity to balance things out a wee bit.

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you good health and good fortune.

Rev

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I think that you may as well take their money and I have good reason.

I do not believe in this medium business. I think the whole thing revolves around cold reading and picking up on signals as well as vague readings and often educated guess work based on responses via body language, facial expressions, micro expressions and them actually telling you the answers in some cases.

This is something that I have witnessed first hand as an Audience member in a show by a Mentalist and Illusionist in the UK called Derren Brown. I have followed his work and he fully claims this medium-ship to be false and a dubious business at best. In fact he has shown he can do better on the spot readings than peole who actually pass this off as their living.

I would therefore suggest that you take the money if you need it, because even though I believe the act to be wholly fraudulent, i also believe that if it brings your "clients" happiness then so be it.

I have always thought that this kind of career is very misleading and that playing with peoples feeling and passed loved ones is a dangerous one.

If you truly believe you are a medium then why not be paid for it. I'm sure the money lost by the "client" will be the least of their concerns if and when you are proven to of misled them.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I have the same kind of 'hobby' but my dealings with the people around is without their knowledge. If I have some kind of problem with someone, I'll contact the other person's spirit guides or whatever there is around them and see if I can sort it out, sometimes this works sometimes it doesn't. I've always had an earthly job for my earthly needs and this will never change.

I've never seen my abilities as a gift, it is something everyone can do but only if they truly want it and are prepared to make sacrifices for it (as in, devoting a lot of time instead of doing the more 'fun' things in life). It's something I've developed over the years and I've earned it, even though I know I have to learn a lot more.

Ask yourself what YOU get out of it, do you grow on a personal level by the things you do for others? There must be some kind of balance, you do something for them and they do something for you in return, that's equality and fair. If they cannot do anything in return you could communicate with other people's spirit guides and benefit from their wisdom or insights (without letting your "customers" know about it, most don't understand otherwise they would not have contacted you). Also, if you just solve problems for people you are not only allowing yourself to be used by others, you'll also take away the chance for them to figure something out for themselves, they would miss out on an oppertunity to grow, consider this.

However it may be, if you accept money you will be put in the group of possible charlatans by many and you'll suffer for it. You'll be opening yourself up to a lot of flak, seen and unseen. Ask yourself: is it worth the money? And what if someone comes round your house wanting their money back because they were not satisfied with the results?
edit on 8/10/2010 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
If people are silly enough to believe in "reliable" information about their loved ones from the other side, they deserve to have their money taken. I do believe in an afterlife, but many people have reported that something on the other side was impersonating their loved one. If one spirit can lie and seem convincing, then I'm sure others can too. How could anyone be sure their actual loved one is the one talking?

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

My step-dad's a freaking awesome mechanic. Surely some of his talent and, at least, work ethic are gifts from god. He has the rule of helping family for free, charging friends for parts, and always making at least nominal profit off people who he doesn't know. I suggest that method. You'll still be known as a nice guy, but you won't feel cheated.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join