It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LARGEST FBI RAID IN HISTORY TODAY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

LARGEST FBI RAID IN HISTORY TODAY

www.elnuevodia.com

WASHINGTON - El secretario de Justicia de Estados Unidos, Eric Holder, anunció hoy que el operativo “guardcheck”es la iniciativa anticorrupción policial más grande de la historia en este país.

(SECRETARY OF JUSTICE HOLDER ANOUNCED THAT OPERATION GUARDCHECK IS THE LARGEST ANTI CORRUPTION RAID IN THE HISTORY OF THE USA
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
89 COPS UNDER ARREST IN PR
SECURITY DETAIL FOR DRUG DEALS

TWO UNDERCOVER COPS POSED AS DEALER AND BUYER AND AND POLICE OFFICERS OFFERED THEIR SECURITY SERVICES AND POLICE INTEL, LOCATIONS, ETC

ALSO INCLUDED ARE WEAPONS CHARGES
MODIFYING WEAPONS TO AUTOMATICS
STEALING SHOTGUNS FROM POLICE TO SELL IN THE STREET ....

www.elnuevodia.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
wow i was hoping the biggest fbi raid would be in washington dc, bushs ranch and wall street!

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
THIS LINK HAS PICTURES OF THE EVENTS

www.elnuevodia.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The title is a bit misleading -- this is a crackdown of corrupt police in Puerto Rico, the largest number of arrests the FBI has made for police corruption.

See www.cnn.com... for an article in English.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Yeah I'm hoping for that one but being a PR resident this one is definitely welcome...

the police here are brutal...

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The title is the headline that came out in the local news...

Thats what Holder said in his news conference... I dunno

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
My friends from PR have always told me how corrupt the their policia is. I am glad to see the FBI doing something about it. Hopefully they are looking into the corruption going on in the continental US as well.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
ahhhhh, ENGLISH please???

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
someone posted a cnn link above

here it is

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
New cops have been sent to take over the drug biz. If it ain't the cops, it is the military making money off of drugs and weapons while pretending to fight crime. It seems there are no more ordinary citizens in the drug trade.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricAngel

Thanks....

this raid, by the looks of it, might be more wide spread and possibly global....it's a big one

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This is a good development, and the corruption by Puerto Rican is a smorgasbord of corruption. Chances are not all of the corrupt police officers were taken out of service by this arrest, but hopefully they got the memo and will discontinue their devious activities. I have come across stories of police officers doing home invasions, shaking down drug dealers, using torture for interrogation purposes, and other serious affronts to the public trust. So, if the FBI thinks I am supposed to be surprised by these arrests in Puerto Rico, I am not.

Any instances of corruption ought to be outed with extreme expediency by the honest and law abiding members of a police department, government agency, or any institution where corruption is showing its ugly face. If corruption is not brought down at the very instance it is discovered, it usually spreads like the incident in Puerto Rico. The corrupt spread their poison to others in the form of intimidation, threats of violence, hush money, and other defensive measures to ensure the code of silence is adhered to by thos who have a conflict of conscience and may talk.

The good and honest people have to band together and deal with the criminals in their lot before it gets to epidemic levels like what took place in Puerto Rico. Apathy feeds corruption. If it is allowed to continue, we have situation where the rats are telling the cats what to do. One instance that comes to mind of LEOs doing their own policing, is an incident that took place in Mexico when officers rose up and arrested their own higher-ups for corruption and dealings with drug dealers.

Mexico police detain their own commander at gunpoint

Police officers in Ciudad Juarez in northern Mexico detained their commander at gunpoint, accusing him of corruption and links to drug gangs.

Perhaps, if more do what took place in Mexico when police arrested their own instead of waiting and doing nothing we won't hear about stories of scores of police being arrested for corruption like what took place down in Puerto Rico? Puerto Rican law enforcement was severely comprised and it took the FBI to come with the big broom to clean things up. Suspicion or incidents of corruption could have been dealt with internally by Puerto Rican law enforcement years ago and when it was in its infancy, and we would not be learning about corruption of epic proportions like the situation in PR today.
edit on 6-10-2010 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join