It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a conspiracy to destroy the Bible

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

what was your point? am i missing something?

i fail to see what quoting scripture does

you cant use the bible to prove the bible

or did i get the tone wrong, thanks

Luke16-
The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached

as far as luke 16, notice it says propehts until john

but when paul came around everyone was prophecying like mad, why werent any of those written down?
so many people were prohecying in all of pauls letters, left and right

hmmm
edit on 7-10-2010 by MurderCityDevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

Every Man and Woman is a Prophet. Be your own Prophet. Prophet is one who speaks to God. Ask and he will answer. Look within for the truth.

Be your own religion.

Thats my philosophy anyway.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

would you believe if I told you I heard His invisible audible voice before knowing any scriptures?

of the Messiah's first appearance to establish New Covenant in His blood

Revelation19-
the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."

edit on 7-10-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rustami

of the Messiah's first appearance

Revelation19-
the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."

edit on 7-10-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

ok, so god sent his son to DIE, right? and jesus never knew sin right?
explain these:

Proverbs 6:16-19 (KJV)

These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: [17] A proud look, a lying tongue, and '''''hands that shed innocent blood'''', .
so god hates himself cause he shed his sons blood for sins?
what, thats suicide, so god died for 3 days, DIED? really come on now

and then

isaiah 7 (KJV)

14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you [c] a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and [d] will call him Immanuel. [e] 15 He will eat curds and honey when he knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right. 16 But before the boy knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right, the land of the two kings you dread will be laid waste.

so immanuel not jesus, why name him jesus? hmmm
also he has to learn to reject the wrong? sounds like a sinner!! and what two kings land were laid to waste in jesus' time? NONE

this is a failed messianic prophecy

please read the WHOLE bible before actually defending it

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
There are efforts to destroy the ignornce of some Christians. Those are the ones who think the bible is being attacked.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

No one in the NT called Jesus Immanuel. The problem with Christian interpretation of the Talmud is that they don't see it from a Jewish perspective. That's why it's so easy to see the mistakes they make when trying to promote Jesus as the Messiah.
Here's a great article describing why Jesus is not the Messiah the Jews have been waiting for.
Why is Jesus not the Messiah?

As well this article describing what The Messiah is in Judaism.
Mashiach

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
p.s. the messiah is supposed to reign as king and have descendants

jesus was murdered for teaching love, its been almost 2000 years and still nothing of reigning

thats why jews rejected him as a messiah but not as a great teacher

messiah only means annointed, all levites were messiahs (annointed)

hmmm

silly people will listen to the tales over and over and live in fear

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

great post

yeah, jesus promoted judiasm but paul took it out of the way and then constantine killed it completely and added magical ambience to it all

# even john lennon taught love and even he was murdered

i like bill hicks remarks on "its just a ride" you can youtube it, kinda cool

if religions were killed people might actually live their lives and respect each other and help each other

ALSO of note, i find it funny that not even jews believe in the devil but christians do

where did that belief come from? or even hell for that matter, oh boy

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Well Jesus didn't promote Judaism. However you define Jesus; even if you worship him. His beliefs go against the Torah. This is the reason why Jews don't follow the ways of Jesus, Muhammad or religious figures.
Prophets and Prophecy

A true prophet sent by G-d will never preach a message contrary to even one of the Torah's precepts. If someone claiming Divine Inspiration, the Torah demands that this so-called prophet prove himself. In light of this, Jesus and Paul did some rather heinous things in their lifetimes. They completely vilified those who opposed their theologies, a crime from which stems two thousand years of Christian anti-Semitism. They did everything that a false prophet could do to loudly scream that he was false. Chapters 13 and 18 of Deuteronomy clearly define false prophets, and Jesus and Paul are the living incarnations of that definition.

Judaism does believe in Satan! They believe he is an adversary and works for God.
Satan in Judaism
edit on 7-10-2010 by Romantic_Rebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

well he did promote the 10 commandments

no, i dont believe in baby jesus as savior or messiah or anything else but a teacher of love

thats it

of note, funny how job made it in the bible when job isnt even a jew
some scholars tend to think it was written much later and added in

yeah, ive read up on that as well but i meant the christian devil and etc that goes with it, hell and ruling on earth with rock music and murder and all that jazz christians find so wrong with the world

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Acts2-
Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom YOU crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Luke1-(note the difference between name and called and what they mean)
But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins." All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"—which means, "God with us." When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife. But he had no union with her until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet

Hello ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet-

If god is everything then he is both good and evil

You must have opposites, good and evil to have life

in order to have action you must have a reaction

if god was only good then he would be a warm fuzzy ball in the sky like the sun, only thats all he would be. He wouldn't be able to provide heat or light or anything, in fact you wouldn't even be able to see it becasue to see something that is still a reaction which still requires opposites.

If god is everything good then he is on the outside of this universe as a warm fuzzy ball of light with no actions except being a giant warm fuzzy ball of light with no thoughts because thoughts require opposites again.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Are you trying to refer Jesus as God?
Tell me without Bible verses.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

YOU cannot use the bible to prove the bible

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

That's how I see the Bible and why all these verse seemed written on a later date; as well plagiarized from other religious beliefs.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

John5.45-
"But do not think I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, on whom your hopes are set.
If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me.

Acts3.22-
For Moses said, 'The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people; you must listen to everything he tells you. Anyone who does not listen to him will be completely cut off from among his people.' "Indeed, all the prophets from Samuel on, as many as have spoken, have foretold these days.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

That's how I see the Bible and why all these verse seemed written on a later date; as well plagiarized from other religious beliefs.

top 3 favorite bible stories for absurdity is when moses is on the mount and god hands him directly the 10 on stone written in his own hands and it clearly states THOU SHALL NOT KILL

and then moses goes down and sees people worshipping a calf and then has them all KILLED before even letting them know what god is all about, what the cuss?!? thats so JACKED UP

poor listener huh, so hilarious

that right there was enough to make me laugh and people live by this book like its their oxygen

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet

I just joined here and picked this post to read. I find it interesting how many people like to lay the blame of your own or other human's actions to religion. I also find it interesting that people who believe in a supreme being (I count myself one of them) can believe that the supreme being would have any interest in the petty things that are brought up. Do any of us have a concern to what any microbe does on a daily basis? You think the supreme being is any different?

Just asking

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rustami

John5.45-
"But do not think I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, on whom your hopes are set.
If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me.

Acts3.22-
For Moses said, 'The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people; you must listen to everything he tells you. Anyone who does not listen to him will be completely cut off from among his people.' "Indeed, all the prophets from Samuel on, as many as have spoken, have foretold these days.

YAWN

yiou are still using the bible to defend the bible

thats like saying the cat in the hat is real cause there are many books that talk of him, he must be real, it says so

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I have to articles you would enjoy to read.
Exodus in Egypt
Exodus in the Wilderness
Tell me what you think.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join