It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a conspiracy to destroy the Bible

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

Those aren't crickets... It is the sound the bed made as Mary was getting it from a roman soldier, while Joseph was tending the flock.
Virgin Birth my arse!!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Jesus looks Roman from the all the pictures I have seen. Where is Maury and his crew when we need him?
At least Jesus would have a father.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
There doesn't need to be a conspiracy. When read, interpreted, and followed blindly, any book destroys itself.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

It is remarkable how some threads on CiR can be thoughtful, reasoned and hotly contested while still remaining civil and others that are marked with juvenile drivel like your post.

Are you going out of your way to be obnoxious? Not only is your post off topic but it has the feel of a teenager reveling in how 'out there' and contrarian he can be.

It's sad that threads with unexpected levels of erudition are side by side with threads that are purposefully offensive, disrespectful and filled with the rhetoric you would expect from someone in high school.

Eric

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by EricD

I was just being sarcastic. If you're offended go yell at a wall closest by you.
Next time you should be familiar with sarcasm.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I would not worry about it.. Religious people tend to think that all should hold religion in the same respect. Its a joke and I actually take offense... It really bothers me.. I want to say "Do I seriously look that stupid? Do I look retarded? Then why would you think I would believe in a god? Do I look weak minded? Do I look like i need a reason to treat others as I would wish to be treated.. Then carry on my friend!

This guy here is able to deal with death and dying without a fictional book as a crutch! Period!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

Thanks! Some people are always playing the religious card. They feel if you offend them then either you're going to hell or they will destroy you. Both are really bad.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

hey romantic as far as your signature

nowhere in the bible ever does it say jesus was nailed to a cross

only 5 times in the new testament does it say he was hung on a tree

so that theory is out the window, even though I know you dont believe, just sayin

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

What Christian Bible have you been reading? Seems you overlooked all four of the first books.
Wiki source
Still Jesus didn't fulfill the requirements for blood sacrifice as well.
Blood Sacrifice
That's what I call a well done report and also what I call funny.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Ive read the whole book, it never states "nailed to a cross"

read it yourself, im telling the truth

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

wow ...wow...wow.. I will fall back on that study, that shows, that Athiests know more about YOUR religion than you do..
dun dun dun - A day in the life of blind faith!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

you just replying in general? or at me?

i hate religion and dont believe in the magical baby jesus story

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hello my friend,

The Bible is just a book. Within it lies a path to truth, but that truth can be found all around you. Look around you at this wonderful existence. Look at the precision in which all things in nature are assembled and move. Watch how the stars take their orderly course across the sky. Look at the perfection of your own body, how every part serves a purpose to take in this existence. Can you feel the warmth of the sun on your skin, see the myriad of colors before your eyes, hear the symphony of sounds constantly at your ears, smell the aromas of existence, and taste the wonderful variety of it all? If so, then you can find God with or without the Bible. God is all around you and the many wonders I just pointed our are part and parcel of his being.

You too are part of God. The very spark within you is part of his divine conscience whereby he experiences his creation through us. Look into yourself, look deep past all that you know. Look into the very heart of your being. What is it that you most desire?

Odds are you answered love. To be loved, that is God's desire for Mankind. As we are all part of our creator, we should extend the love it desires to all. For in loving each other, we show the sincerest form of worship to God. Thus we have Jesus' commandments. Love God with all your heart, and your neighbor as yourself.

Keep love sacred in your heart my friend. That is the Bible that does not whither in the storm, catch flame in the inferno, nor is corruptable by Man.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 7-10-2010 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Just in general. I like the excitement that my pure hatred for anything religion causes.. I didnt even mean to reply to you.. Just a habit.. I meant to reply to thread.. Ma Bad! Have a great one!!! I will!!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Maybe I should have used smaller words.

Let me see if I can break this down for you.

I have engaged in countless discussions about religion, theology, eschatology and actions of the clergy during my tenure on ATS. I can't remember ever before saying anything about being offended or using being offended as means of argumentation.

I actually have expressed respect for both non-theists and those Christians whose views differ from mine who are able to engage in an intelligent, respectful manner.

Feel free to check my post history.

To claim that my post was a knee jerk reaction to someone with differing views than mine is simply either a classic case of projection or display of intellectual laziness.

Your posts were not on topic, contributed nothing, were deliberately offensive and were surprisingly banal.

Eric

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

Maybe I need to use the small words.. Where did I say you had a knee jerk reaction? Where did I even address you?
Are you stable?

Do you find my theory about mary being a slut and Joseph a fool that is obviously very guilable offensive?
I am not trying to be outrageous or shocking. I truely believe that the virgin birth story is the biggest lie of the bible.

There have been stories that Mary was actually impregnated by a roman soldier... Do you think I am shooting from the hip on this? Do I think religion is wrong? Yes, of course!

You claim logic.... I find it hard to believe that a person that believes in god, has a firm grasp on logic.

edit on 7-10-2010 by Mobius1974 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

I am noticing a pattern here.. I have looked through your posts. WOW, I have never seen one person with that many posts, where they are talking down to the person they are addressing. I did not address you! I have no desire to address you! So before you look down your nose at me, spewing your hollier than thou adittude. I can have my opinion, and it doesn't have to mirror yours.

You are not the ATS police. My posts are on topic and pertain to the subject being discussed... Just because you find them offensive does not mean they are off topic...

Lust like a good little christian you should alert my posts that you find offensive. If they are found to be off topic, they will then be removed. But I am not going to receive a lecture from you about my posts. Nor do I care how you have acted in the past present of future. I find it amusing that you think I would be the least bit interested in your thoughts or motivation....

Like I have stated.. I hope there is a conspiracy to destroy the bible. The only way this planet will ever see peace, is complete abandonment of all religions!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974

Like I have stated.. I hope there is a conspiracy to destroy the bible. The only way this planet will ever see peace, is complete abandonment of all religions!!!!!!

we have 2 choices fear or love to make life better, its obvious most choose fear. so sad

but i agree with your above statement

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by yonah34

["Then there is the matter of altering the Sabbath.signature:Leviticus 19:30
" Observe my Sabbaths and have reverence for my sanctuary. I am Yahweh."]

Isaiah1-
Stop bringing meaningless offerings!
Your incense is detestable to me.
New Moons, Sabbaths and convocations—
I cannot bear your evil assemblies.
Your New Moon festivals and your appointed feasts
my soul hates.
They have become a burden to me;
I am weary of bearing them.

58-
Is this the kind of fast I have chosen,
only a day for a man to humble himself?
Is it only for bowing one's head like a reed
and for lying on sackcloth and ashes?
Is that what you call a fast,
a day acceptable to the LORD ?
"Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:
to loose the chains of injustice
and untie the cords of the yoke,
to set the oppressed free
and break every yoke?

2Peter-
With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

Luke6-
Then Jesus said to them, "The Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath."

Hebrews4-
For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day.

There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his. Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following their example of disobedience.

Galatians3-
All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law."

For if a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law.

What, then, was the purpose of the law? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was put into effect through angels

Hebrews-
It is not to angels that he has subjected the world to come, about which we are speaking.

For to which of the angels did God ever say, "You are my Son

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

["anyone? anyone?"]

John21-
Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.

6-
Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven.

Luke16-
The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached

Romans5-
Consequently, just as the result of one trespass was condemnation for all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification that brings life for all men.

1Corinthians12-
The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ.

Isaiah8-
Here am I, and the children the LORD has given me. We are signs and symbols in Israel

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join