It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a conspiracy to destroy the Bible

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I think it's sad when in the 21st century a whole group of people base their opinions on something not backed up by evidence and facts. Like the people in the middle ages, or neanderthals...sad really.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
I think it's sad when in the 21st century a whole group of people base their opinions on something not backed up by evidence and facts. Like the people in the middle ages, or neanderthals...sad really.

What I think is sad is that some will look down their noses at others for having one belief founded on faith alone, while remaining utterly ignorant to the fact that their own belief is equally built on faith alone.

Truly the blind leading the blind.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Sure...but some of us prefer not basing our opinions on belief, but rather facts and evidence. If there's something we don't know, we admit it instead of making up crazy stories about talking snakes and burning bushes.

Imo we are allowed to criticize those who are stupid enough to base their opinions on fictional stories. Belief has benefits if it leads to psychological comfort, but things like healthcare, politics, and science should stick to facts and evidence and NOT fairy tales.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Sure...but some of us prefer not basing our opinions on belief, but rather facts and evidence. If there's something we don't know, we admit it instead of making up crazy stories about talking snakes and burning bushes.

Do you really admit that which you do not know? I think not. Afterall, you seem to not know the meaning behind metaphors yet to cover that ignorance, make up a crazy story about it being meant as a literal tale.

Imo we are allowed to criticize those who are stupid enough to base their opinions on fictional stories. Belief has benefits if it leads to psychological comfort, but things like healthcare, politics, and science should stick to facts and evidence and NOT fairy tales.

You are allowed to criticize all you want my friend. Your criticism only serves to reveal the nature of your own ignorance on the matter. Sure, some will agree with you and bolster your ego's certainty of it's possession of the facts. What will remain the same despite your criticism regardless of number of supporters you may have, is that no one has any facts at all.

The best we can do is come up with our own best guess based on what we are able to perceive. Only a complete ignoramus would belittle another's perspective completely, for his own is built on equally flimsy evidence. That being the input of the 5 senses, which have been proven time and again, faulty.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by dn4cer2000

There is two God's now?
I'm confused now!
lulz.

One God. Many divine manifestations.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet

Maybe Satan created these stories to discredit Biblical figures before to discredit future generations in think Jesus, Moses, Noah are all copies or just fables.

Maybe. Maybe not. But you have to ask yourself this question: why would "god" allow satan to do this to mislead people?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

The best we can do is come up with our own best guess based on what we are able to perceive. Only a complete ignoramus would belittle another's perspective completely, for his own is built on equally flimsy evidence. That being the input of the 5 senses, which have been proven time and again, faulty.

Scientists don't guess when it comes to formulating theories, which is why it's superior in assessing reality compared to religion. And of course our senses trick us, which is why we use technology to overcome those shortcomings. Our flawed senses are one of the main reasons people believe in "miracles" and why they substitute magic (aka god) whenever they don't have true knowledge based on objective evidence.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by dn4cer2000

Also the God in the old testament is a different god than the god Jesus spoke of.

Care to elaborate? The Bible never makes the claim that it is talking about different Gods and in fact references to the Old Testament are all over the New Testament so it is clear that both the early Christians and many modern ones believe Jesus WAS talking about the same deity.

Also, the mind-body-spirit trinity has been mentioned to me before. The thing is that the mind is just a chemical electric process created by the function of the brain, so really it is just part of the body not something separate at all. As for the spirit no such thing has ever been demonstrated to even exist and there is no evidence supporting it.

Anyway I've gone off on a tangent, thanks for your reply

edit on 7-10-2010 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

My interpretation of the bible is such because I just see it that way. Jehova in the Old testament is wrathful, jealous, warlike, killed men women and children and the God Jesus spoke of is a loving God, The God that resides in the Kindom within.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
answer to OP:

I hope so.

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join