It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a conspiracy to destroy the Bible

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JudgedCover
Once more, I challenge you to live by your own beliefs and concepts. Let your child burn. That is what your perspective of god demands, to do otherwise is hypocrisy.

Just playing devils advocate here my friend. By your reasoning, you would hand your child a book and say read this and believe it so you don't get burned.

God speaks to all of us. All it takes is quieting ones mind and asking.

Or, you can read the book with an open mind.

Or, you can take some zen meditation.

Or, well ya get the picture.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil

I am curious are you an athiest? The reason I ask is because I would like to know how an athiest can acknowledge the concept of love without acknowledging intelligent design?

If there is no creator(s), then isn't what you call love simply chemical reactions in the brain that exist for the perpetuation and protection of your genetic material?

no, i am not an atheist, i believe in a creator

just not the bible fantasy one that loves human and animal sacrifices so you dont have to feel guilty for doing bad things and ridiculous laws that put shame on anyone for feeling bad about who they are
love is ALL encompasing

i like responsibility cause when i do something wrong cause i learn from it and feel sincere when i am sorry for it and really try to make better for what was done

i respect the teachings of jesus and buddha and john lennon etc equally, love is all you need

its what binds us to come together to be one as we are

is there an invisible man in the sky with his son who also himself who is a magic carpenter living in a mansion kicking it for the last 2000 years waiting to destroy everything and take the sunday church pewers back to all their mansions in the sky with a gold and pearls? UH NO

heaven, hell, creation (creator), devils, demons, angels are all inside us, we labeled things to make it better to understand ourselves and remove blame and shame

we made god into an image and made him faulty and labeled him

even if you do believe in satan, he has a part of god in him for god made him, get it?

we are all one collectively, thats what i see, no matter what, gay, straight, trans, black, white, yellow, short, tall, fat, rich, poor, all ONE

harming anyone else to me is sin, its opposite of love

yes at times i sin, and i try hard not to but i still do, i love more than sin though, i need to take responsibility for that and make better those at times i do hurt

So...animal sacrifices were about guilt and cruelty and not about teaching generation after generation of ancient peoples an object lesson about the one truth in life they needed to understand in order to be saved?

I suppose the story of God asking Abraham to sacrifice his only son was just a cruel joke and not God trying to teach Abraham and all of his descendants the central truth of His plan and the cost of such a plan?

Is in not possible that God wanted to demonstrate to mankind the reality that everytime we commit an act of evil a.k.a. sin, something has to die? Every time we fail, something suffers in life to some degree. The cost of correcting such was going to be huge and God was demonstrating that over and over again each time someone made a sacrifice.

But yes...a God hater and denier will only see one perspective, and that may be true...but then again...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

So...animal sacrifices were about guilt and cruelty and not about teaching generation after generation of ancient peoples an object lesson about the one truth in life they needed to understand in order to be saved?

I suppose the story of God asking Abraham to sacrifice his only son was just a cruel joke and not God trying to teach Abraham and all of his descendants the central truth of His plan and the cost of such a plan?

Is in not possible that God wanted to demonstrate to mankind the reality that everytime we commit an act of evil a.k.a. sin, something has to die? Every time we fail, something suffers in life to some degree. The cost of correcting such was going to be huge and God was demonstrating that over and over again each time someone made a sacrifice.

But yes...a God hater and denier will only see one perspective, and that may be true...but then again...

read all the prophets again my friend, over and over it says he never wants sacrifice, its displeasing, even baby jesus said god never wanted sacrifice, he desires mercy
noone needs to be saved at all
thats what the 10 commandments are, if you fail try again, noone is perfect so how can anyone be saved?
yes i think the abraham story is false, why would a CREATOR ask for death? really think about that

KILL your only son

when all along his laws have always been in place since begininning, thou shall not kill

for fck sucks he never even killed lucifer, get it? so why ask for a human sacrifice?
what the cuss?
edit on 14-10-2010 by MurderCityDevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Once more, I challenge you to live by your own beliefs and concepts. Let your child burn. That is what your perspective of god demands, to do otherwise is hypocrisy.

Just playing devils advocate here my friend. By your reasoning, you would hand your child a book and say read this and believe it so you don't get burned.

God speaks to all of us. All it takes is quieting ones mind and asking.

Or, you can read the book with an open mind.

Or, you can take some zen meditation.

Or, well ya get the picture.

With Love,

Your Brother

No of course not. But I know where are coming from because many followers of God do just that. I think you've seen enough of my writings to know I'm not a fundamentalist or an evangelical in my perspectives.

I do believe in the Bible. I also allow room for the possibility that the Bible could have been tainted by agenda's of various groups of men throughout it's history, but just as equally true is the notion that God protected His word and what He wanted it to convey to mankind in spite of those men.

Regardless, I do not take a view like some hardliners of "Sola Scriptura". The Bible in the wrong hands, more specifically, the wrong hearts can be a terrible tool of destruction. The blade that heals (scalpel) can also be the blade that kills (knife).

I believe that Christ is preimminent in all things. I believe the Bible to be nothing more than a road map that leads to Him. Every narrative, every historical action, by the nation of Israel occured to enable the Prime Directive of God which was the advent of the Messiah.

Where it all goes wrong is when mankind incorrectly intereprets who Christ really is and what He really is about. Likewise to do the same with the Bible is equally destructive and counter-productive to the true will of God. The Jewish people and the church have predominantly throughout their histories done both.

But is that anything new? The majority have always screwed things up and misrepresented the true nature of God. It is no wonder why so many do not believe in Him. The God that has been represented by His "followers" throughout human history is really nothing like the One True God. If God's followers were the only source for belief then I would hate or deny His existence too.

Unfortunately, if anyone finds God in this day and age, I mean truly finds Him, they probably have done so IN SPITE of religion as opposed to because of it. And I assure you no one is more distraught at that fact then God, Himself.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

read all the prophets again my friend, over and over it says he never wants sacrifice, its displeasing, even baby jesus said god never wanted sacrifice, he desires mercy
noone needs to be saved at all
thats what the 10 commandments are, if you fail try again, noone is perfect so how can anyone be saved?
yes i think the abraham story is false, why would a CREATOR ask for death? really think about that

KILL your only son

when all along his laws have always been in place since begininning, thou shall not kill

for fck sucks he never even killed lucifer, get it? so why ask for a human sacrifice?
what the cuss?

Context my friend. In those passages you are thinking of He is conveying that he despises sacrifices from an unwilling heart or sacrifices that are performed just as ritual without the understanding of it's meaning.

In the two passages that come to my mind, one he was addressing that obedience is greater than sacrifice. Go and steal my neighbors calves but then go and sacrifice a few doves and bingo all is well. You know, like go do whatever you want, then go into a booth and tell a priest you are sorry and bingo all is well. This is insane, of course. If sacrifices were meant to teach man the cost of sin but instead became tools that enable sin, then yes, God is going to correct such evil thinking.

The second passage was that the Jews were taking great pains to honor the sacrificial rituals but refusing charity to those in need and not exercising love and care to one another and once again living immoraly. But since they were making their sacrifices, in other words performing their religious rituals, they thought they were righteous. Once more, they were perverting the ways of God to suit their own desires while at the same time manufacturing a false righteousness.

You see, the truths that God was trying to teach His followers throught the symbolism of animal sacrifice, namely, sin results in death and comes at a personal cost to you and those you love therefore do your best to rid yourselves of sin, so you don't suffer.

The sacrfice of Christ was to help mankind embrace love, peace, and honesty etc. and forsake the opposites a.k.a. sin. One brings growth, enlightenment, joy and fulfillment while the other brings suffering and death. This is the meaning of these things and whenever religion perverts this God's truth in it all get's corrupted and lost. Which is why God judged the nation of Israel and the Church time and time again. When those who are given the blessing and responsibilty of representing God to mankind fail to do so and in fact embody the opposite of truth, watch out, Roman swords are coming.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

The sacrfice of Christ was to help mankind embrace love, peace, and honesty etc. and forsake the opposites a.k.a. sin. One brings growth, enlightenment, joy and fulfillment while the other brings suffering and death. This is the meaning of these things and whenever religion perverts this God's truth in it all get's corrupted and lost. Which is why God judged the nation of Israel and the Church time and time again. When those who are given the blessing and responsibilty of representing God to mankind fail to do so and in fact embody the opposite of truth, watch out, Roman swords are coming.

i cannot believe that you think your god loves human sacrifice to help all man kind be peaceful and loving

yet so many murders and wars are started in his name, WOW!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

No of course not. But I know where are coming from because many followers of God do just that. I think you've seen enough of my writings to know I'm not a fundamentalist or an evangelical in my perspectives.

Where it all goes wrong is when mankind incorrectly intereprets who Christ really is and what He really is about. Likewise to do the same with the Bible is equally destructive and counter-productive to the true will of God. The Jewish people and the church have predominantly throughout their histories done both.

Unfortunately, if anyone finds God in this day and age, I mean truly finds Him, they probably have done so IN SPITE of religion as opposed to because of it. And I assure you no one is more distraught at that fact then God, Himself.

I agree my friend. I was just landing a friendly poke. God will always have his way. I think he is taking corrective action as we speak. Turning the ship around if you get my meaning. Too many have risen to high places and presumed that MAKES the God exclusively. Then again, it could all be a lesson for mankind as a whole, to learn to respect their God given will.

I may have posted this link here already. Just in case, check it out and let me know what you think.

The Impersonal Life

Always good to see your posts my friend.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

i cannot believe that you think your god loves human sacrifice to help all man kind be peaceful and loving

yet so many murders and wars are started in his name, WOW!

So what you are saying is that man is incapable of war of his own free will and using a higher power to justify his greed and lust and by adding a divine factor to it he somehow adds a perceived validity albeit surface justification of his evil deeds to his people? Really? You are that guy? The guy that thinks that bad things happening equals evil God?

Because I'd like to hear your alternative to this reality. Please explain to me how God can honor the free will and existence of His creation while not intervening at every second around the world at all time and essentially pressing the "rewind" button on existence everytime a rapist gets horny, a mechanic half-a##ess a repair job on a jet engine, a broken father takes his dissapointment in life out on his wife's face or a ruler decides he wants to fulfill his powerlust and go to war.

You can't. Utopia, can't happen while we are in this state. I'm sorry. You can blame God for that all you want, but to ask him to be anything else is asking him to undo his creation. To undo free-will. To erase Adam and Eve and start over and I'm sorry but He loves creation and humanity too much to not let it be what it is. Someday the alotted time will run it's course and new existence will occur and those of us who endured this hell called life by finding our light within through His light will know what perfection truly is and understand as a result of living in the opposite of it for so many ages how precious and wonderful that is.
edit on 14-10-2010 by JudgedCover because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

So what you are saying is that man is incapable of war of his own free will and using a higher power to justify his greed and lust and by adding a divine factor to it he somehow adds a perceived validity albeit surface justification of his evil deeds to his people? Really? You are that guy? The guy that thinks that bad things happening equals evil God?

Because I'd like to hear your alternative to this reality. Please explain to me how God can honor the free will and existence of His creation while not intervening at every second around the world at all time and essentially pressing the "rewind" button on existence everytime a rapist gets horny, a mechanic half-a##ess a repair job on a jet engine, a broken father takes his dissapointment in life out on his wife's face or a ruler decides he wants to fulfill his powerlust and go to war.

You can't. Utopia, can't happen while we are in this state. I'm sorry. You can blame God for that all you want, but to ask him to be anything else is asking him to undo his creation. To undo free-will. To erase Adam and Even and start over and I'm sorry but He loves creation and humanity too much to not let it be what it is. Someday the alotted time will run it's course and new existence will occur and those of us who endured this hell called life by finding our light within through His light will know what perfection truly is and understand as a result of living it the opposite of it for so many ages how precious and wonderful that is.

not at all, plenty of wars have been started without religion

i can explain how the creator honors free will without intervening, its called love

if god heals one person, then he has to heal them all, he cannot play favorites, it goes against his laws that show love all

its up to us to make a better life here, thats why there is still so much hurt and war, and disease and hunger still rampant around here

think about this my friend, why would god heal a woman who goes to church every sunday and tithes who has severe arthritis, yet let all the starving children die in the streets hungry, when even jesus said how precious children are

prayer is all vain, we must be THANKFUL, thats how we find god, in thanks there is love

jesus knew this truth, its why he taught love, he never said believe in my life and death and resurrection and we will all one day live in the sky

he told the man in matthew to get eternal life keep the commandments, remember heaven means eternal, power and happiness, look it up in strongs concordance, thats why the kingdom of heaven is at hand, its right here inside us

satan means advesary, we are all satan at one point, we oppose truth and love and that makes us satan, even jesus said to peter, get behind me satan, he just meant it as an advesary standing in his way, peter was not possessed, most of the NT is magical fiction with truths here and there, think logically

a human sacrifice is the worst made up story in the world today, a magical man who left to come back without warning is a little sadistic

to erase adam and eve? ever read about noah? he killed everyone but noah and his sons

why didnt he just kill the devil? after all the devil made those people evil? huh?

noah is just a false tale of a flood, i dont believe was world wide flood but a certain area where yes maybe a civilization was taken out, as far as the animals, hahahahhah are you serious, the friggin boat had ONE window

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

["i cannot believe that you think your god loves human sacrifice to help all man kind be peaceful and loving"']

“ He who kills a bull is as if he slays a man;
He who sacrifices a lamb, as if he breaks a dog’s neck;
He who offers a grain offering, as if he offers swine’s blood;
He who burns incense, as if he blesses an idol.-Isaiah66.3

Then last of all he sent his son to them, saying, ‘They will respect my son.’ But when the vinedressers saw the son, they said among themselves, ‘This is the heir. Come, let us kill him and seize his inheritance.’ So they took him and cast him out of the vineyard and killed him.-Matthew21.37

But his citizens hated him, and sent a delegation after him, saying, ‘We will not have this man to reign over us.’-Luke19.14

["yet so many murders and wars are started in his name, WOW!']

“If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you.-John15.18

Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.-1John3.5

Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God-Revelation20

CHRISTIANS – THE MOST PERSECUTED PEOPLE GROUP ON EARTH(by an Athiest)
More than 300 million Christians who are either threatened with violence or legally discriminated against simply because of their faith – more than any other religion. Christians are no longer, as far as I am aware, thrown to the lions. But from China, North Korea and Malaysia, through India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka to Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Turkey, they are subjected to legalised discrimination, violence, imprisonment, relocation and forced conversion. Even in supposedly Christian Europe, Christianity has become the most mocked religion, its followers treated with public suspicion and derision.
jmm.aaa.net.au...

edit on 14-10-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

its not hard to ignore what your posts are, i have read the bible and still do at times

i enjoy religious history and history in general

quoting that book all day does nothing for me, I have read and know it

the reason i speak is because after reading it and adding everything together, its 100% there is no god in that book and no savior of mankind through slain blood who was sent by god himself and turned out for many to be god

until you can respond and think on your own, your replies dont have much merit, at least for me

p.s. i dont hate anyone, so to say the world hated jesus first is lame

there are like your article states many will hate you but know the world hated me first
300 million love jesus so he isnt to hated huh
i dont believe he is messiah and i love him and what he taught, thats it

so make that 300 million and one
hah

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

["i have read the bible and still do at times"]

then why do you keep making things up that contradict?

you should know then that love rejoices in the truth-300 million and one

Jesus said it is written love the Lord your God with all your being

He also said whoever welcomes one of these little ones called by his Name welcomes him-its written also

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rustami

you should know then that love rejoices in the truth-300 million and one

Jesus said it is written love the Lord your God with all your being

He also said whoever welcomes one of these little ones called by his Name welcomes him-its written also

again playing favorites, little ones called by his name? what about any child?

cannot play favorites, noone is special, we are all
get it?
love should just rejoice
love is truth
not love in the truth

what am i making up that contradicts?? i have told you what i came up with

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but where is it assumed God plays favorites? Man plays favorites, but where is it demonstrated that God does?

To say there is no penalty for sin is to say there is not cost from sin. Does sin exist? If so does it destroy? If it destroys, then it must be controlled or better yet made null, yes? How is this accomplished? The waving of a wand? The utterance of a magical phrase? The chiming of a crystal?

If the ultimate result of sin is death, then what is the equal and opposite reaction that must occur to counter it?

If you can't stomach the reality of sacrifice, then don't sin. If you have lived your life in perfection and never once satisfied a desire or perceived need at the expense of another, never indulged your pride, your ego, your vanity to increase the perceived value of yourself in your eyes and the eyes of others, if you've never taken what was not yours, betrayed a trust, manipulated circumstances that elevated your own needs above others or any host of other actions and choices that in varying degrees brought some measure of pain, suffering and even death the full ramifications of throughout time you will never fully be able to measure...then CONGRATULATIONS!

There is no need of any force to counteract all of those things you could have potentially done and therefore Christ's sacrifice for you was not necessary.

However, for the rest of us, me in particular I have committed all of those things and made all of those choices and continue to do so much more than I want and therefore something must suffer and die to cover all the suffering and death that my life and it's choices have caused.

If you believe otherwise, then you must explain how you believe that either evil does not exist or how there is no penalty for it or if there is a penalty for it how is said penalty answered and corrected in a way that honors all the laws of nature and reality and the justice and righteousness of a being that is perfect and harmonious in every way. For if the very nature and definition of harmony is balance, how does God offset the reality that is sin and it's consequences while still being true to His perfect sense of justice and harmony?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but where is it assumed God plays favorites? Man plays favorites, but where is it demonstrated that God does?

If the ultimate result of sin is death

If you can't stomach the reality of sacrifice, then don't sin.

There is no need of any force to counteract all of those things you could have potentially done and therefore Christ's sacrifice for you was not necessary.

If you believe otherwise, then you must explain how you believe that either evil does not exist or how there is no penalty for it or if there is a penalty for it how is said penalty answered and corrected in a way that honors all the laws of nature and reality and the justice and righteousness of a being that is perfect and harmonious in every way. For if the very nature and definition of harmony is balance, how does God offset the reality that is sin and it's consequences while still being true to His perfect sense of justice and harmony?

1. wow really? ever read the old testament? how many tribes did joshua kill? thousands upon thousands of men women and children, cause the so called hebrews were gods chosen people and god said he would destroy them all in their path
how did you see past that?
and it just so happens the quote unquote savior was hebrew as well, hmmmm

2. result of sin is death? thats such a lie, we all get old no matter what and the flesh dies
we all die no matter what
so if a baby is born dead, what was the childs sin?
read the story of the blind man born blind, geesh!

3. i said i try not to sin, its hard, like i said we are not perfect even though even jesus said to be perfect as our father in heaven is perfect, its never easy

4. he knew he would be murdered for his teaching the truth, not for washing sins of the world away, the "world"

5. dude i have said evil does exist, we create it, its not some devil fallen angel, the choices we make affect others daily, we are to make others more important than ourselves, die to ourselves daily so that others can have what we have, i cant answer what happens in death but hell only means hades and hades means grave and thats it, our body goes to the grave, not a place of torment everlasting

do you know that jesus was a sinner too? dont believe me?

read isaiah 7:14-16 as most christians only use verse 14 to justify this is prophecy but hebrew scrips tell it as a young woman, not a virgin, and nowhere at anytime is he called immanuel

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

["again playing favorites, little ones called by his name? what about any child?'"]

thought you said you followed Jesus teaching and it was love? thats what He said so...??

He said let the little children come to him-its written

He said whoever doesnt gather with Him is against him-its written also

He said whoever sways these little ones away from Him what?

["cannot play favorites, noone is special, we are all"]

God can obviously destroy an entire nation over one man and a vote right?

God so loved the whole world how?

who was raised from the dead?

["get it?']

have you heard His voice?

["love should just rejoice
love is truth
not love in the truth]

did'nt Jesus say He is the way and the truth?

should we start preaching another gospel in your name?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

if jesus was such a HUGE person in history why is nothing written of him until 35-40 YEARS after his death

and then none of the 4 gospels match correctly, they all differ in genealogy, and certain events

im not trying to tell you not to believe, i am replying to the original post of the conspiracy against the bible

i said i sure hope there is one, and im giving my reasons that are valid

gospel only means good news, sure why not, my gospel is love and forgiveness and let everyone come together for the sake of each other and ourselves

is that so bad?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

The reality murder, is that your belief system is a jack of all trades religion. The reality is your biblical criticisms are not rooted in context. Your god is a composite of traits none of which include justice or righteousness. The god you perceive to be god can only exist in a reality where there is no evil that must be restrained, a reality where there are no consequences for choices and actions and a reality where free will does not exist.

Unfortunately, no reality as such exists. So if one chooses to believe in the existence of God then he or she must acknowledge how such a being can be both loving and just. He or she must understand how such a being acknowledges free will. Free will by it's very nature must be dualistic and if there is duality then there are appropriate responses to each prong of that dual nature.

If your god does not hold evil accountable, then your god is not just, nor is your god righteous. He is in fact playing favorites.

Think of it like this. In front of you is an innocent child unable to protect itself. Along comes a vioent man who begins to attack the child intent on killing him. What do you do? You love all life and you believe all people are children of God. The man will not relent from his attack unless you kill him, he is that bent on killing the child.
If you truly love the violent man, how do you kill him? If you love the innocent child how do you stand by and watch him die?

According to what I read of your writings here, if God kills the wicked man, he is not love, but if God ignores the innocent child He is not love. Do you see the problem here?

Either your understanding of what love fully and truly is is wrong or your perception of how God interacts with free will is wrong. You can't have a God who is perfect who is also not just. It simply cannot exist as such.

NOW

If God's answer to man's evil is the redemptive sacrifice of Jesus Christ and in order to be a just sacrifice he must be fully man to satisfy justice but at the same time to be a complete sacrifice he must be fully God to resist the insurmountable force of sin.

To satisfy the man requirement, certain conditions had to be met. Since God also made a promise to the man Abraham as a reward for his great faith that promise now had even more conditions that had to be met. Therefore, the Jewish race had to be protected at various times throughout history, and yes to accomplish the safety and security of the Christ seed (it had to come from Abraham per God's covenant) nations vehemently opposed to God and the Jews had to be eliminated for the greater good. But no where do we see an enemy of the Jews killed that had submitted to God's plan. The harlot Rahab from Jericho and Hagar and Ishmael are a testament that God will always spare those who cry out to him, even ultimately if they originally stood in the way of His divine plan.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
There's no conspiracy to destroy the bible... common sense destroys the bible.
Do you know how many times the bible has been edited since the 1700’s?
Why edit god? Oh... to suit your needs.

There real conspiracy revolves around the powerful using bible as a tool of mass control.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

The reality murder, is that your belief system is a jack of all trades religion. The reality is your biblical criticisms are not rooted in context. Your god is a composite of traits none of which include justice or righteousness. The god you perceive to be god can only exist in a reality where there is no evil that must be restrained, a reality where there are no consequences for choices and actions and a reality where free will does not exist.

Unfortunately, no reality as such exists. So if one chooses to believe in the existence of God then he or she must acknowledge how such a being can be both loving and just. He or she must understand how such a being acknowledges free will. Free will by it's very nature must be dualistic and if there is duality then there are appropriate responses to each prong of that dual nature.

If your god does not hold evil accountable, then your god is not just, nor is your god righteous. He is in fact playing favorites.

Think of it like this. In front of you is an innocent child unable to protect itself. Along comes a vioent man who begins to attack the child intent on killing him. What do you do? You love all life and you believe all people are children of God. The man will not relent from his attack unless you kill him, he is that bent on killing the child.
If you truly love the violent man, how do you kill him? If you love the innocent child how do you stand by and watch him die?

According to what I read of your writings here, if God kills the wicked man, he is not love, but if God ignores the innocent child He is not love. Do you see the problem here?

Either your understanding of what love fully and truly is is wrong or your perception of how God interacts with free will is wrong. You can't have a God who is perfect who is also not just. It simply cannot exist as such.

NOW

If God's answer to man's evil is the redemptive sacrifice of Jesus Christ and in order to be a just sacrifice he must be fully man to satisfy justice but at the same time to be a complete sacrifice he must be fully God to resist the insurmountable force of sin.

To satisfy the man requirement, certain conditions had to be met. Since God also made a promise to the man Abraham as a reward for his great faith that promise now had even more conditions that had to be met. Therefore, the Jewish race had to be protected at various times throughout history, and yes to accomplish the safety and security of the Christ seed (it had to come from Abraham per God's covenant) nations vehemently opposed to God and the Jews had to be eliminated for the greater good. But no where do we see an enemy of the Jews killed that had submitted to God's plan. The harlot Rahab from Jericho and Hagar and Ishmael are a testament that God will always spare those who cry out to him, even ultimately if they originally stood in the way of His divine plan.

the christ seed? he was not born of man at all, so why need the jewish people? if he was born of holy spirit

the violent man does not need to die but he needs to be restrained (jail, detained, counseling, etc) and yes there should be justice and or some standards set, why is this man so set on killing this child

there are so many possibilities in any situation, im just saying we all need to love, yes there is evil
if the violent man repents (changes thought) than why should he not be forgiven

im not saying anyone should just do what they want and love and hippy dippy

the law of love does not kill or destroy but if someone does kill or destroy, do i think it is right to kill them?
no not at all, they must have some pain or hurt that is in them that they are so angry at life etc and feel the need to do such things

you are trying to get to exacts when i know there are no exacts in life but it starts within ourselves

im not saying the world is gonna be great over night, but until we can learn to help each other, there is no hope

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join