It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a conspiracy to destroy the Bible

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I have read all the articles online, posted on ATS and what not. Some are very convincing. As a faithful Christian I would hate to see that my faith has a lot in common with other faiths. Looks like my worst nightmare has came true. Seeing how the age of the internet has enabled me to see the works of the Epic of Gilgamesh, Sargon of Akkad, and many other similar stories. I got to thinking. Maybe Satan created these stories to discredit Biblical figures before to discredit future generations in think Jesus, Moses, Noah are all copies or just fables.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I sure hope so, about time some reason came in the pic.

2nd line

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

I agree! I mean; come on here now. Jesus is totally awesome. I wish other people could see that and understand how different he is compared to other religious figures.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
There was conspiracy in compiling the bible, so it stands to reason that there are conspiracies to destroy it.

my 2-cents

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
From what I've experienced from many people in mainstream Christianity - fact has little to do with what they believe.

If you'll do your research on the Bible, you'll find that the concepts such as Trinity, virgin birth, flood, plagues, creation, heaven, hell, christmas trees all had roots in religions other than Christianity, most notably, what is considered "pagan".

It's been many years since I cared enough to research anything regarding Christianity, but I do remember the gist of the details.

+2 more 
link   
reply to post by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet

Wow... the old let's blame Satan instead of accept the facts ploy... Yeah, and Satan buried all those transitional fossils that show Evolution too

It wouldn't matter if all the stories outside the Bible were fabricated by Satan, the Bible already depicts god as vengeful petty genocidal maniac that fits every definition of evil I've ever read. Wait a second, maybe the Bible is a ploy by Satan too

link   

uh, how is jesus awesome?

his teachings were but he is not returning and there is no end times...

please re-read the lies!

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I'm not blaming satan. He's guilty already and he knows his time is up.
Jesus is here and he will return soon.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet

I'm not blaming satan. He's guilty already and he knows his time is up.
Jesus is here and he will return soon.

Wake up.

link   
Do not let your eyes fool you, nor deceive you let what is written be, let your heart guide you, for if you believe in the lord then there is nothing written the can take that. For there are many books by man that are deceiving, get 14 different bibles and not one will match word for word, just like the text of old, how to know what is right, ask and the path will be shown, remember the foot steps in the sand? ask and you shall receive.

link   

How can Jesus already be here AND be coming soon?

It is a direct contradiction to be both omnipresent and not omnipresent at the same time.
edit on 6-10-2010 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

He's with us in spirit. He will come in person. Two different things.
Like the Trinity.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by EnactedEgoTrip

Are you referring this comment to me or someone else?
I am confused now.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

you cant use the bible to prove the bible

and why did this get 2 flags? so retarded

oh and ps, there is no conspiracy to destroy it, its already been destroyed

just READ it and you will see why
edit on 6-10-2010 by MurderCityDevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

You're not very nice. Jesus still loves you. That's what my former pastor taught me.
God Bless.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The world would be better off without the bible, or koran existing. So if there's a conspiracy to destroy either of them, I am all for it.

Anyone who is educated in the religious history of the world knows where and in what manner different religious books (like in the bible) have borrowed and reinvented previous religions.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

The Trinity already doesn't make sense, unless God is Schizophrenic.

And now you're adding the idea that Jesus can separate his body and spirit... so now its a Quadrilogy? Or is it the Holy Spirit that is amongst us and NOT Jesus's spirit? But then is Jesus's spirit merely the Holy Spirit? See how confusing and utterly absurd the whole thing is?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Jesus spirit is the Holy Spirit. He can be every where because he is God. You know what God is? God has no limits. I'm cool like a fool at a swimming pool.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Getting rid of Christianity in some ways was a precursor to WW2. Let's hope history isn't repeating itself.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet

Jesus spirit is the Holy Spirit. He can be every where because he is God. You know what God is? God has no limits. I'm cool like a fool at a swimming pool.

then why did he kill everyone in the flood instead of just killing the devil?

hmmm sounds retarded, very retarded and not in a mentally challenged way

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join