It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked CERN documents state LHC has 70% chances to produce strangelets on 11/9

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

We have received and will show in this article astonishing documents leaked out of CERN internal servers, about the CASTOR project, a Centauro and STrangelet Object Research to hunt for strangelets ‘likely‘ to be produced at the LHC. According to those internal documents CERN has been lying for years to the press and in the suits, since it always affirmed that it won’t produce the ultra-dangerous, ultradense ‘strangelets’, the liquid explosive made of up, down and strange quarks, responsible of the ice-9 reactions that cause supernovas (below’s graph). In those documents CERN affirms there is a 65-70% of chances of producing negative strangelets, which according to standard science on strangelets today, will provoke the ice-9 reaction (name taken from Cat and Cradle’s book in which a physicist destroys the world throwing a new type of water that freezes the planet, since an ice-9 reaction will condensate the planet in a 15 kilometers ultra-dense strange star).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/66b4ad47f2d9.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/12302d3c5e66.jpg[/atsimg]

Link to Article
edit on 6/10/2010 by booda because: added image

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Best news I've heard... Well, perhaps ever. I personally cannot wait until this ses pit implodes on itself. There is too much suffering to rationalize the existance of this place.
edit on 6-10-2010 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

They will do this experiment on 11/9 (mirror 9/11)....scary stuff!
Hopefully the strangelets will not be stable long enough to create this reaction. I'm hoping!

Don't expect the media to talk about the dangers...not gonna' happen.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The source seems credible.

cerntruth

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by seti_starr

What?? The media were more than happy to trump up the (non-existent) dangers of the LHC in order to sell more papers. "Black hole will eat up Earth", anyone?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
The source seems credible.

cerntruth

Hm, not so sure about that one......

Look at the video they linked:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
If there was any chance of mass people being killed I seriously doubt CERN would conduct these experiments! It is highly interesting though! No doubt weaponologists will be looking into strangelets!

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth

Originally posted by seti_starr

What?? The media were more than happy to trump up the (non-existent) dangers of the LHC in order to sell more papers. "Black hole will eat up Earth", anyone?

makes me wonder wahy they would trump up non existant dangers..if the existant ones are dangerous enough.

as for black holes...do you know what will happen if they do create a micro blackhole...as they dont....anything can happen....well it is an experiment.

its like the A-bomb....they didnt know what it could really do untill they turned it on and recorded the outcomes

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The video makes you think its cult related....I know we are about to see some intresting times ahead of us.
It seems we have gone as far as we are going to go.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by theAyment dangers..if the existant ones are dangerous enough.

Which dangers would these be, then?

as for black holes...do you know what will happen if they do create a micro blackhole...as they dont....anything can happen....well it is an experiment.

Literally *anything* can happen. The atoms in my body may all spontaneously appear in the Sun and I would fry to death. However, the chances are so incredibly small it's nothing really to worry about. The blanket doomsday coverage of the press was way, way, WAY disproportional to the actual threat posed.

its like the A-bomb....they didnt know what it could really do untill they turned it on and recorded the outcomes

That's something else entirely for a number of reasons. They may be related insofar as being physics experiments but that's as far as the similarities go.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

explosion somewhere...well it is massive..
cost dangers could be a complete waste of taxpayers money.
also containment of the reaction chamber.

there are many real issues...so why dothey waist there time talking about things which have an isignificant probabilty of happening...its for people like you to laugh at people who have real fears of this major experiment

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by theAymen

explosion somewhere...well it is massive..

How will this explosion take place? Just because something is big and technical, doesn't mean that it's extremely combustable.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Oh. Another "leaked" document that the readers can't understand but it has...words...so it must mean something awful.

Leaked? It's right here:
www.physics.uiowa.edu...

And here:
highenergy.physics.uiowa.edu...

And a couple of other places.

idiots.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Whether the document is leaked or not has little bearing on the message. I remember in 1993 one of my projects (adiabatic reactor producing BEC's) was stopped, mainly by my reports of its potential to create singularities. It was picked up by JILA labs and carried further. Personally, I don't think it is wise to push the envelope in this case, it has a very high probability of pushing back with catastrophic results. But then one must also look at the other side of the argument, with the scientists are CERN, how probable is it that they would produce the ultimate ELE machine, knowing that after it's all done if it goes "south," all their families would be dead as well and you can't brag if your dead along with everyone else, there's no one to hear you.

I think I would err on the side of caution here, know more before approaching the experiments they are proposing, or in the alternative, do them in space at some perpendicular angle to the planetary plane and at least an au distance. If it does go wrong in space, at least the last word on earth won't be "oops."

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

I think you just summed it up! The last words ever to be spoken on this planet will be oops! LMAO
BUt seriously folks. Theres alot of truth in that statement....

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

The idiots are those at the website. They are idiots because they have no idea what they are talking about and disseminate their 1/4 baked ideas about what they are reading.

The claim is that the "leaked" documents say there is a 65-70% chance of the LHC producing "negative strangelets".

The documents say no such thing. The "leaked" documents are about the capabilities of the CASTOR detector. What is said is that theoretically CASTOR is able to detect 60-70% of "exotic" decay products produced by any high energy collision (cosmic rays or otherwise). What is said is that theoretically CASTOR is able to detect 10% of stranglets produced.

There is nothing said about LHC producing strangelets.

Idiots. There I said it again.
edit on 10/6/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

haaa phage u nutta! u crack me up.

firstly...whats a stranglet? lol

when you say castor...do you mean the oil? pmsl

chill man...the truth is, all we can do is speculate....even if there are leaked documents...the spinsters will make the finding seem insignificant, fabricated or render it obsolete.

we will only know the true capabilities of the lhc in two ways....in 50 yrs...or if an accident happens.
till then..."i think its a stargate to merge this dimension with another" you cant tell me im wrong and you cant tell me im right....until the experiment (whatever that is) is over
edit on 6-10-2010 by theAymen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by theAymen

I didn't comment on what the LHC can or cannot do. Maybe you didn't notice that because you were so busy coming up with your snappy retort.

Speculation based on at least some education is one thing. Speculation from a point of total ignorance is something else.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join