It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dictator Wanted : The Puppet State, No Experience Necessary, Sex, Drugs, & Rock & Roll...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Nice thread. I was watching jim morrison on a drunken rant saying 'I don't believe there should be a president; I believe it should be a pure democracy'.

Sure thing jimbo. As long as you have the microphone, or bullhorn.

This is a serious subject, despite the levity ingrained in to the format.

For example, I was saddened to learn that among our board anarchists, one acted as though animal companions (pets) were just some material possession, that are disposable, based on whether or not your check had cleared with the fire department. This turned me off to the concept of 'anarchy' because I didn't realize the depths of depravity among man, and taking away all order to make it john galt ville now seems a little dangerous. I always wondered if john galt would clean up after himself, contain his messes etc.... Look at Hungary. Though this was probably deliberate, it is horrific. (I think tptb are waging a war on essentials such as water and food, personally). A closer look at the applications of said anarchy is disturbing. Privatized cops, yep. So if I hate you I can just pay the cops to do a super duper job of arresting you? I can write the heartlessness off by considering that the statements were simply pedantic conclusions based on utopian ideals, yet the image of firemen letting animals burn while their equipment was on site is somewhat seared in to my brain at the moment.

Power is a stage set with many trap doors. One is that you don't want to become the tyranny that you sought to destroy. I don't trust anyone with this trip. It is best to realize that 'power' is really a concept that demands deep, deep reflection on theory. It may also be true that true power is impossible, once publicized, or rather, once institutionalized. It may be much more subtle, and much more powerful, than anyone imagined. Anyone here, at any rate, present in this time.

One of the best images I have read of regarding power is in a book titled 'Atlas Shrugged'. A voice lock is devised, which reads the absolute intentions and sincerity of the heart before releasing it's contents. I believe man is working on this sort of equipment at this moment, yet it is bound to failure. Power is just too tempting for us to do anything this pure. They are breaking into minds and setting traps as to further more totalitarianism, rather than allowing peace and security of one's treasures.

Another stray thought: I suspect that once one is well off, everything of real value (true power) begins to decline.

Anyway, nice thread.

Lots to think about here, OP.
edit on 7-10-2010 by starless and bible black because: edit

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Once again good thread s and f

now to the meat...

I have faced this corruption head on.... I am winning enough to know I need to hit harder still....

Anyways....

It is my belief that the founders realised that eventually their experiment would fall. They gave hope and prayed that following generations would realize what they were trying to do. They attempted to the best of their ability as a whole to prevent the tyranny the knew would come eventually.

they made mistakes but attempted to give us room to learn and grow.

In the hopes that our mistakes would not become errors

They added a few impediments to the tyranny they saw... A series of checks on the government itself

The biggest being freedom of speech....
Followed by freedom of religion

The best was the right to bear arms... (poor bears....)

The last one was acknowledged by admiral yamamoto ....

You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.

if he said it or not is not important the message is....

As for a puppet state... I think we are close but it is not a direct control more of a we have the power we need and nothing can be done about it....

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Of course, Wikipedia is for a bland, and blase explanation.

Not necessarily something we all agree or disagree with.

I use it for the fact that it is a basic definition and nothing else.

And you are right, a foreign country, is not necessary at all.

As a matter of fact, lobbyist groups and special interest groups, quite fit that profile of what we have here in America.

A Puppet State of sorts through Corporate America and the greedy corporations who violate our rights.

Through cut-outs within the political community.

I agree about Iraq and Afghanistan and a puppet regime being forced into play.

It is all about the money, power, and oil all equally about power in some form or another.

What makes me sick is no one seems to have the balls or wherewithal to tell these people enough.

I know what I would say if that type of power was offered to me because I already have said it.

Hell no.

Power through corrupt means corrupts the individual taking it no matter his intent.

No matter his ideology.

No matter his wishes.

Because those pulling the puppet and purse strings control his life and his life is forfeit.

What most people do not realize is that the life of the puppet is limited until he is longer seen necessary.

Then he is temrinated without a second thought or hesitation.
edit on 10/8/10 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into The Post.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by starless and bible black

This is quite a serious topic because of the nature of not only corruption but Congressional manipulation involved.

Do our taxes really pay for this type of nonsense?

Of course.

However, you will never see it as an itemized listing, on Congressional documention.

Then again neither was Oliver North's actions now were they?

I see both anarchy and Utopia as failed experiments.

There is no such thing as either because they do not work in the least.

This is not to say I am under a delusion of our current system as a working construct because it is broken.

It is as well abused to the max by political families and corporations who violate our very rights.

Not to far back a person referenced a group of individuals expected or desired myself to react like Ghengis Khan.

To which I had to laugh and laugh hard.

I see Khan as a heartless, evil, and vile person as well as I see him as an idiot.

Lowest man on the totem pole of who I want to emulate.

Power corrupts, and absolute power, corrupts absolutely.

I am ambivalent towards power as I seek it as much as I deny it.

I will only seek honor and not lowbrow dishonor.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

The biggest problem with the Checks and Balances we have is they are subverted.

Easily by people like George W. Bush after 9/11.

His benching the F.B.I. and C.I.A. in investigation of 9/11 through the 9/11 Commission was a coup against those checks and balances, and through that he created a Cabinet Position with Homeland Security, rendering those checks and balances null and void, rendering almost our entire Constitution as a useless piece of paper, because anyone who expresses their rights to the Freedom of Speech is labled as a terrorist, according to the terror-watch lists.

People often forget that they must know our Constitution inside and out and upside down due to our responsibilities.

We are responsible towards our own country and how it is run not Bush or Obama.

Most people do not realize as well Bush benching the F.B.I. and C.I.A. literally assisted him in buffering himself.

And his relationship with the House of Saud and their family and the connection to Osama bin Laden.

Osama bin Laden was just another puppet creating a means to leverage us out of our rights through the Constitution.
edit on 10/8/10 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into The Post.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Hi SKL,

I've avoided posting to this thread for a couple of days because this is really the rarified air for us politically interested types. This is the grail quest for curious and worldly minded. Of course, many can see that there are puppets. Fewer have the ability to discern the marionette from the actor. And fewer still can begin to see the fine silken strings attached to those who are under control...

But to follow that string and see the hand of the puppet master? Now that is something to dream of. That is a worthwhile goal. So many seek this grail and, as far as I, or I assume anyone else knows for sure, few, if any, ever achieve it.

I believe myself to be one of those who can at least see the puppet strings. I can tell the special effect from what is sincere. Chances are that I probably paranoia myself into seeing strings where none exist. But this also means that at least some of the strings I see are real. The discipline, which may be impossible to master, for me, is to learn to tell the difference between the imagined and the truly perceived.

The evidence before me, in this endeavor, all seems secondary. The curtains of this world block my view of the puppeteer so I am left to learn what I can about him by simply watching his works. By looking for subtle hints in the ways that his motions are magnified by his craft. Through this method, there is much information to be garnered.

Money is at the core of it all, to be certain. That ancient urge, that we call greed, which led our earliest ancestors to fight over bites of freshly killed animal, or to kill over a shiny and particularly sharp stone. We don't need history books to understand these things. They are in our genetic memory. These scenes echo in our hearts even still. The want of money must surely shape the puppet masters motions. His dance reeks of it. The tremors in his hands betray his lusts for profit. The pained faces of the working man gives us testimony.

But is money really the final and last say in this subject? I honestly think not. Wealth is a powerful drug, but there is a greater high to be had. Beyond unimagined wealth lies a much deeper drive. A more corrupt and primal urge. Something so profane that we scarcely allow ourselves to believe in it...

and that is the urge to become God. To control so utterly and completely that only the word "god" would do the position justice.

Within this motive, the puppet masters idiosyncratic motions become legible.This goal makes all those little ticks and spasms, as shown by the puppet, make sense to me.

But now I am left with the question "Who owns the hand which pulls the strings in a ritual intended to make men into gods?". Who could have had the patience to do this work, generation upon generation, age upon age? How could this level of commitment to any goal ever become manifest in our ever changing world?

For these questions I truly lack answers.

Rome has been suggested. The power build upon the seven hills. Salvation to some, Babylon to others. And Rome seems a rational answer. So many minds molded over the centuries. So much land and wealth accumulated. So much of an influence upon the modern world. Rome is a possibility.

Other voices have suggested the oligarchical structures of corporatism. Businessmen and bankers who, in a relatively short time, have managed to take as much as Rome ever had, possibly even more. These monsters in fashionable clothing who use our own wants and needs to make slaves of us all... These profiteers who become so enamored with numbers that they lose sight of souls. These entities, as well, fit the mold and could well be pulling the strings of the puppets we look to for leadership.

Ultimately I think that it's all of the choices listed here, among others. That no one hand control the puppet for long. I think the strings have become so varied and incestuously intertwined that we may find a dozen hands making the mannequins dance. We may even find none - just a bunch of monkeys pulling strings blindly, focused solely upon their own gratification.

From the perspective of a mortal - a working man - it occurs to me that, though the grail exists out there, somewhere, it would be a fools errand to chase it. As long as I can recognize and quench my own thirst, and know from where the water has flowed, I have done all that I, as a man, can do.

Well that and always look to myself to make sure that there are no strings attached to me.

~Heff

edit on 10/8/10 by Hefficide because: sp

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I think far more people see not only the puppet and strings but the puppet masters.

This is why we are unecessarily distracted by the bread and circuses of society.

We do see these things happening and subconsciously put it all together.

But it gets shifted to the back of our consciousnesses if we let ourselves become distracted.

Few though realize that their attention is being subverted and look back to baseball, football, and other bloodsports.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/001270952ad2.jpg[/atsimg]

And they let the modern day Flavian Amphitheatre of the Superbowl divert their attention.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Bread and Circuses

"Bread and circuses" (or bread and games) (from Latin: panem et circenses) is a metaphor for a superficial means of appeasement.

In the case of politics, the phrase is used to describe the creation of public approval, not through exemplary or excellent public service or public policy, but through the mere satisfaction of the immediate, shallow requirements of a populace.

The phrase also implies the erosion or ignorance of civic duty amongst the concerns of the common man (l'homme moyen sensuel).

In modern usage, the phrase has become an adjective to deride a populace that no longer values civic virtues and the public life.

To many across the political spectrum, left and right, it connotes the triviality and frivolity that in popular culture is supposed to have characterized the Roman Empire prior to its decline.

This is where people lose track because they would rather swill beer and scratch their buttocks.

Then pay attention to the politics of their nation and or another nation.

And this is when and where the smoke and mirrors operates and takes on a darker form of control.

It is shown to us daily through those bread and circuses though yet we miss it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1f046e42c1dc.jpg[/atsimg]

And still we grow denser, as a society, we grow more apathetic, as a nation, and miss the keywords.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Great thread SKL

Needless to say, you get a S&F from me. I have to admit that I, much like Hefficide, was a little hesitant in responding to your thread. Not because I didn't want to participate but after first reading the OP and the responding post, I realized that this was indeed a deep thought provoking subject and I needed some time to think about it before posting.

Not having the background knowledge in history that some here on ATS have, including yourself, I had to analyze the problem from a slightly different perspective. It has been my experience in life that when it comes to corruption, the culprit is usually the one with the most to gain from the crime and more often than not, that gain is financial. Or in simple terms, "Follow The Money."

Even though the money trail usually leads to the culprit, the only term I could think of to describe their motive is "Greed." But then I ask myself, "what is greed?" I sometimes wonder if greed isn't a mental disorder, much like the disorder that causes people to become hoarders. They don't seem to have the ability to determine when enough is enough, and at what cost to themselves and others. The only difference I see is that the super wealthy will "invest" some of their money in order to acquire even more of it, whereas a hoarder seldom holds a garage sale in order to acquire more funds to buy more junk.

When it comes to politics, it makes me wonder how someone like Meg Whitman can justify spending over 100 million of "her own personal money" in an attempt to acquire a political office that pays a little over $212,000 per year. I am not naive enough to believe that she just wants to be a public servant. When someone with a net worth of 2 billion dollars resorts to hiring illegals as house servants, it becomes apparent that "servitude" does not rank highly with them. The other thing that becomes apparent is that fact that they are so attached to their money that they would even break the law, (hiring illegals) in order to save or "hoard" a few bucks.

Common logic tells me that she has a plan to somehow recoup that 100 million, plus a healthy profit, through her position as governor. That means of recovery must be the "Puppet Strings" we are talking about and if the "Puppeteers" can afford to repay her campaign expenses plus a profit, then they must be planning to make considerably more than that from having her in office. It may be time for us to adopt legislation that would track the net worth of politicians from the time they enter office until some ten years or so after they leave, just to attempt to identify some of the "puppeteers."

I agree with Hefficide, that in some instances, it may be the "god" status that some wish to attain but, by and large, I think that greed plays a much larger role in today's society. Today money has taken the place of the hunter/gatherers' meat and there are still people who would kill to take it from one another. But then again, in a materialistic society, isn't god the one with the most means or money?

Money is both, the treasure they yearn for and the tool they use to acquire more of it. Therefore, I am convinced that until we find a way to publicly finance our elections and totally outlaw lobbying by paid lobbyist, we will dance the dance of the puppeteer. In a true democracy, nothing can be allowed to have a louder voice than that of the people and corporations are not people. The citizens united supreme court decision is the most blatant sign of corporate control, (puppet strings) over our lives that I've seen in my lifetime and IMO it's completely insane. Call me stupid but I always thought that "people" were the result of a live birth.

Greed is the enemy, plain and simple. It's been around forever and in some circles, it's extremely contagious. Someone once said that when you argue with your mate, you are really arguing with yourself. It's yourself that you see in others that you dislike. I think that the greedy dislike seeing their own need to the extent that they try to compensate by hoarding in an attempt to make themselves not feel needy. In other words, the last thing they want to see themselves as, is needy.

I believe that you cannot "truly" help yourself without helping others and you cannot harm others without harming yourself in the process. Someone else once said that it's not a sin to become rich but it is definitely a sin to die rich. I think that Bill and Melinda Gates' pledge to donate 90% of their wealth to charity is a sign that they understand at least some of these principles.

Deepak Chopra once spoke about greed and hoarding and their affects on the principles of circulation. By hoarding money, you effectively take it out of circulation. With less money in circulation, the harder it becomes to attract new money. So as it turns out the greedy become self defeating in the long run. I think that we are now fast approaching the "long run" and hopefully are on the verge of witnessing the implosion of greed in upon itself.

One can only "Hope."

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

It is a deep and thought-provoking topic that is for sure.

Not everyone has the same level of historical knowledge, something else I am sure about.

It is how we seek it out and what we do with it that is so much more important.

Corruption is sure about the money, power, and ability to hide it right under other people's noses.

Means, motive, and opportunity as well as an immoral mindset or even amoral mindset, meaning without morals.

Unfoturtunately, these things all equal people, often with insatiable tendencies towards malevolent crime.

Often abusing an office they swore to uphold, as well as the people they swore an oath of allegience to.

I'm not sure if I see greed as a mental disorder but more of a lack of common boundaries.

An overwelming desire to achieve something, they often have no right to, at any cost, even the lives of others.

You are correct that this form of greed is similar to hoarders with the exception it is money and not garbage.

I can certainly understand a desire to be rich and quit living in the slums, this is most people's dream in society.

But when it comes to more money than the gross national product of a small country or even a large country?

It stems from many directions, often none of them good, more often than not it buys them power.

Greasing the wheels of society for an opportunity to gain more power.

It is not something I am certain I will ever fully understand.

Power to me is something which holds great responsibility not more money or gaining acceptance.

Sycophants, suck-ups, and hangers-on is all this gains you which is something I detest.

I am one of those individuals who if you do not like me I could give a damn, I am who I am.

If I ever come into money you will not see me with an entourage you will see me the same as I am now.

As for your thoughts on Meg Whitman it makes complete sense and it makes me think she is like all the rest.

Politics as per usual, greed walking hand in hand, corporations buying politicians, fake smiles and false promises.

As I said before I can understand a desire to be rich, but instead of the nonsensical "get rich" mentality, I learned delayed gratification, investing my funds to make my money work for me, and work hard to get ahead, it is something I wholly believe in, I detest the "give me now" crowd because they are irresponsible in my book, and easily corrupted.

I always examine the intent of others, the intent behind someone's actions, and the intent of an agreement.

Greed is nothing more than a choker, holding someone to power, that they did not earn and do not deserve.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I couldn't agree with you more.

I believe that one of America's biggest problems, and fast becoming the world's, is corporate greed or something I like to call "corporate mentality" and the legal restrictions placed upon board members, under fiduciary responsibility, requiring them to make decisions based solely on insuring a profit for it's shareholders on a year after year basis. Under this system, profit margins are of the highest priority and come above all other considerations including the well being of workers and/or the environment.

What I don't understand is why the ordinary person doesn't label this behavior as "piracy" or "profiteering." Living here in the coastal region of S. Texas, from time to time we are faced with an approaching hurricane and when that happens, plywood for boarding up windows and doors comes into high demand. Every time this happens, without fail, at least one lumber yard in the area will come under investigation and/or prosecution for "price gouging." Plywood that normally goes for $15.00 a sheet will be selling for $30.00 or more.

I don't know what legal statutes are being utilized to aid in the prosecution of these "price gougers" but maybe it's time that we attempt to somehow regulate or limit profit margins on a national scale. I also believe that it's high time that this nation finds a way to limit the market share that any one corporation holds with respect to the product or service they are providing. By continuing to allow these corporate mergers and buyouts, we end up destroying what we once knew as a "free market economy." The corporation's answer to competition is to buy them out effectively giving themselves a form of monopolistic control over the market and on top of that, we end up with a bunch of "Too Big To Fail" corporations. This has to stop!

I previously posted a thread entitled "The Truth Behind Small Business" which includes a very informative link to a MSNBC news article addressing the tax classification of "S" Corporation or "small business" and what it really means. It can be found here; www.abovetopsecret.com... After viewing the news piece I began to realize that, other than mom & pop operations, there probably isn't any real small businesses left in America.

I also outlined several steps that I believe would be prudent in helping to aid and sustain America's economic recovery in today's global economy in another thread entitled, "What Would You Do To Rescue The American Middle Class" that can be found here; www.abovetopsecret.com... It was pointed out to me that I had not addressed any fixes for social security in the thread and it was suggested that S.S. tax should apply to all payroll without any "caps" in order to fully fund the system and I am in total agreement with that approach.

I'm confident that there are many other things we could do to address our current dilemma but it is going to take the political will to get them done. The longer that we put it off, the longer we dance to the tune of the puppeteers and we are fast approaching the point of no return. Multi national corporations are already utilizing the standard of living in one nation to bring down that of another, ours. At some point, I have to believe that we become to weak to prevail against the political will of these corporations who enjoy unlimited wealth and political access.

The time for "Change" is now! And yes I do believe that "We are the ones we've been waiting for." I don't blame Obama for not getting it done fast enough or good enough considering the obstructionist opposition he's been faced with for the past two years. For instance, I believe that "Obamacare" will be modified to at least include some kind of a "public option" and eventually morphed into a not for profit "single payer" system. Medicare was improved and perfected over time and I'm sure the same will be true with health care reform. The problem is that those in control should not be expected to give up easily, after all their greed won't allow it, and now is not the time for the American voter to become apathetic. I know that corruption exist on both sides of the political spectrum but I also believe that there are some good people in politics. All we need to do is to maintain a majority to keep the momentum moving in the right direction.

Someone once said, "Don't let perfect become the enemy of good." So long as we're moving in the right direction it's important that we maintain what little momentum we have.

edit on 11-10-2010 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Of course, a Board of Directors, only cares about the direction their corporation is heading.

Through financial and fiduciary responsibilities, screw those working for the corporation, keep the business afloat.

Even if it gets rid of those working the hardest, doing the best, and getting paid what they are worth.

Then shift blame to those not working hard enough who are left behind running around like chickens.

With their heads cut off, because quite literally, they were with the corporate firings.

I used to work for a hospital who fired 25 senior management staff yet the wasteful bureaucracy continued.

Since I was only a mere "Security Officer" no one wanted to listen to me in how to cut costs.

I was in the middle of a Business Administration/Criminal Justice Administration course online.

But the perception was "he's only a Security Officer" and that I knew nothing.

I explained in detail several times how to expand the hospital, add more income, and create increased public relations coups on many levels, but this was not listened to, and I shook my head, and walked away because my manager, the Security Manager, was one of those 25 who got fired in the interim of all the head-chopping at that hospital.

When the new manager came in she asked me all sorts of questions yet in the end she wanted me to be a Corporate Axe-Man and assist the hospital in dirty tactics, in spying on a Nurse, with protected Union Rights, who was coming up for her contract negotiations upon her 30th year at the hospital, and I did exactly what was asked, to a T, without crossing a boundary of seeing anything or "seeing" anything, in other words they wanted me to find dirt, or make it up.

Sorry, not my business, not a job for Security as far as I was concerned, and I am happy to not be working there.

My ethics, morals, and honor are more important that going up a corporate ladder.

At least at the cost of my integrity, merit raises and promotions are fine, but not through dirt, grime, and mire.

I would much rather own my own business and cut throats within it if I have to but not for someone else.

I am no one's Financial/Corporate Assassin.

You mention piracy and profiteering in the business world.

I see organizations like Skull and Bones or even their public face the Russell Trust as nothing more than corporate raiders, pirates of the corporate world, and the ships they sail as businesses looking for corporate take-over potential to expand their powerbase, movements through political hallways, and covert funding of immense proportions.

I delve into the underworld of their power a bit with each of those three threads below :

Political Currency : Secret Societies, Those They Blackmail, and the Corrupt Currency...

...and...

Hostile Takeover : Is BP PLC Vulnerable Enough For A Corporate Raid?

...and...

Right and Left : A Control Mechanism of the Skull and Bones Society, the Order of Chaos

A look at a past privateer who got screwed by his corporate backers :

The Pirate Hunter : The True Story of Captain Kidd

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/62c5f7977a50.jpg[/atsimg]

Publishers Weekly : Amazon Review :

Entertaining, richly detailed and authoritatively narrated, Zacks's account of the life of legendary seaman William Kidd delivers a first-rate story.

Though Kidd, better known as Captain Kidd, was inextricably bound with piracy and has popularly gone down as a marauding buccaneer himself, Zacks (An Underground Education) argues that he was actually a mercenary backed by the English government and several New World investors to track down pirates and reclaim their stolen wares.

The book is cogent and replete with supporting evidence without the heavy-handed feel of some scholarly work.

What really sets the book apart is Zacks's gift as researcher and storyteller.

He highlights the role of an undeniable pirate, Robert Culliford, in Kidd's tale and pits the two men against each other from the outset, constructing his book as an intriguing duel.

Aside from the tightly constructed plot, Zacks also wonderfully evokes the social and political life of the 17th century at land and at sea, and he takes turns at debunking and validating pirate folklore: while it appears the dead giveaway of a skull and crossbones made it a rare flag choice, Zacks contends that pirates did often wear extravagant clothing and were as drunk, cursing, hungry, horny... and violent as myth would have them.

Augmented by such details and driven by a conflict between Kidd and Culliford that keeps the pages flying, Zacks's book is a treasure, indeed.

Copyright 2002 Cahners Business Information, Inc.

A fiction book I love which shows to some extent how corporate raids are done :

Agent of Influence

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b3a2636bc190.jpg[/atsimg]

Amazon Review :

Readers able to shoulder the technical Wall Street details that overburden this thriller set in the cut-throat world of investment banking will enjoy its bristling view of the mercenary side of moneymaking.

The acquisition of News/Worldweek, a conglomerate of American newspapers, magazines and TV stations, will give Marcel Bresson, a French publisher with a shadowy past and a secret agenda, unequaled media power.

Mergers and acquisitions specialist Jayson Lyman will make a fortune if he can structure Bresson's purchase, but Lyman, suspecting that his client isn't who he claims to be, is soon on a trail of money that leads inexorably to Russia.

With the help of an attractive Senate staffer (who doubles as sidekick and romantic interest), Lyman works to sabotage the deal from within.

While Aaron ( State Scarlet ) brings considerable knowledge of international finance to his second novel, the story's suspense is frequently lost in the miasma of monetary doubletalk delivered by its driven, humorless hero.

Copyright 1988 Reed Business Information, Inc.

As you can see corporations, corporate raids, and privateering have walked hand in hand, in many a venue.

These are after all how dictators are financed, how they are created, and as well how they are controlled.

Usually, it is through their greed, ego, and or their willingness to do anything to achieve power.

Corporations are about the one type of organization which fascism is easily linked to because of similar principles of operation, desired control mechanisms, and the same corporate greed linked to complete domination in the world of finance throughout the world, no matter which country, no matter what level of achievement, and as well no matter when, how, or why they link to political powers through purse strings and or buying them outright.
edit on 10/11/10 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into The Post.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Yeah I agree. You really got me thinking and wondering just how long we have been manipulated by this corporate mentality. At first I thought that "corporations" were an American invention but when I began to research it a little, with your help I might add, I realized that the concept has been around for ages, literally ages.

I think that this subject needs to remain highlighted in every public forum until the american people wake up and demand that our representatives answer to us and not to corporations. Therefore, I've started another thread entitled "The Outsourcing Of Democracy" and I would be delighted to have your input and references to your threads on the subject. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I fear that we are rapidly approaching a "critical mass" stage with respect to this problem and it may take a global response to terminate it. Maybe that's what we are beginning to witness in parts of Europe.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
If I may offer my thoughts on this,
I believe the puppet states are 'wherever they need to be' at any given time during the advancement of the agenda.
The puppets are watched, approached, questioned, voted on, approved or abandoned.
If the puppet is approved, they are then treated, and baited, no doubt contaminated and "something dirty or blackmailable" put into their lives, they are instructed and groomed and taken into the fold.
They have "BECOME" the new tool.
They benefit directly, for their services and results provided, and like any used tool, they are replaced, upgraded or in some cases discarded.
The internationals, the private owners of the world, have a never ending supply.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

So does this mean the US is an organ of Israel?

Second line..

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Corporations have been around for a very long time.

The information to organize one legally used to be held in secrecy by lawyers and other corporations.

Now all it takes is less than $100 to incorporate yourself and voila a business is born.

I would be happy to post in your thread and I agree the concept of Corporate America needs to be spread.

It is a shame that the citizens are sold a complete lie, hoax, and sham through the American Dream.

It is so good you have to literally be asleep to believe in this fairytale.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Well, I do agree that Puppet States serve a selfish purpose, wholly about corporate greed and destabilization.

But ultimately I see these organs of a conglomerate as nothing more than the Judas State.

And the money anyone collects from them as 30 pieces of silver for betraying American interests.

While I certainly understand spreading of the hegemony and America protecting her interests I disagree with the concept being done, used, and or planned for because ultimately, this is the most deceptive of practices in the world.

No matter what excuse is used to put one of these into play the end result is the same.

Execution for the puppet when he or she was only following orders as a convenience to the puppet master.

To cover the dirty tracks of deception to quick, easy, and covert money sloshing around in slush funds.

I would not necessarily say they benefit in any sense of the word but I would agree they are used.

Like a dirty handshake and the grasp of control is limited to a temporary deal of convenience and deception.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

So does this mean the US is an organ of Israel?

Second line..

Did you mean to ask that directly to me or someone else?

I never stated Israel has control of America in that sense.

America and Israel are more like two haggard old men grasping each others balls and not letting go.

Massaging them whenever they want their friend to turn one way or another.

And I say this because of the material Israel blackmails America over from WWII, and America recognizing Israel as a power player in the Middle East via keeping a constant state of destabilization there, keeping a need for America to interfere in foreign affairs.

America a puppet to Israel?

No.

More like a mutual relationship of a dog and a tick, one getting fat, the other being lazy.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

I would not necessarily say they benefit in any sense of the word but I would agree they are used.

You and I may have a different definition of benefit than they do,
The puppet recruit probably already has compromised values and selfish morals so the 'benefit' is to their advancement to their agenda, and youre correct, the masters dirty handshake is worthless and temporary,
BOTH parties benefit Spart, it's just that one parties agenda is a little longer and larger in scope, while the others is personal and short lived.
I believe this is the situation we have with B.O. (not that he's exclusive, many prior have been the same),
B.O. was just so blatantly obvious,
funny how wag the dog keeps becoming more apparent.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Touche.

Well said, and well represented, my friend, well said.

We understand the underpinnings of the Puppet Dictator quite well.

Such a shame that this happens though because I see that approach to power as wholly corrupt.

The same as this approach in the popularity contest.

What's the Going Rate for an Election Anyway?

Whatever happened to actually having morals, ethics, and beliefs in the world?

Are we citizens the only ones who have them or are they bred out of you by the time Washington D.C. is on the horizon?

I have to wonder because it makes me sick to watch these bastards anymore.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...
The Solicitation, Sale, Indoctrination and Sacrifice of Barack Obama

This fits tight against what youre already proposing and exposing, it's a couple months old and didnt get noticed but it's still very true.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join