It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protein cocktail is 'elixir of life'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I just read this article in the bbc news website...

Protein cocktail 'elixir of life'

A cocktail of amino acids - the building blocks of proteins - is the latest contender in the age-old search for the elixir of life. Scientists gave mice drinking water laced with three amino acids. They said the rodents lived significantly longer than other mice fed a normal diet. The research, reported in a scientific journal, has yet to be tried in people. The study leader said a large patient trial was needed to provide evidence to convince doctors.

The article says that in mice there is a 12% increase in lifespan over mice that were not fed the cocktail.

It is also said that it boosts fitness and co-ordination. As this was fed to middle aged mice, I wonder if it is built up effect over time or an immediate effect? If immediate then we could alleviate some of the awful symptoms of the greatest disease known to man...... Old Age!!!

I'm all for living as long as I possibly can and have high hopes of long life spans being achieved in the not too distant future.

If this man has anything to do with it, it will all happen in the next 30 or so years!

Want to live to be 250?? Hold onto your breath cause if you lose it over the next few years you may be one of the last people to miss out on most of your life!!

Korg.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Aging isn't a problem.
It's the cure.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I'd live to be 1000+ if i could.

Death and putrefaction is not a pretty thing.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I saw a related article on this yesterday:

www.sciencedaily.com...

I immediately went and looked...my supplements have plenty of leucine, isoleucine, and valine. And I take lots of them. Maybe I will live 12% longer...if I don't get hit by a bus first.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Proteins?huh?

I have to tell my girlfriend about this.

join