It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's Most Effective Special Forces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Who are the world's most effective speical forces?

The reason I ask is because there has been some serious penis-compairing on these lately, so I wanna know why your team is the best, and back it up with something more than "because they look cool"

I honestly don't know the answer, I've heard everyone from Task Force 121, SAS, Delta Force, Spetsnaz and SEALS talked about regards to who's the best.

For my answer, I'm going to cop out a bit and put out my own personal theory that there are probably units that we don't even hear about except in very vague rumor (like the Seekers in the intel world) and those are the really amazing guys. Every major player probably has teams, like 121 for example, but I would bet that the Russians, Chinese and Europeans have some major heavy hitters that are so deep in the black that only the highest powers even know of em. My proof? not so easy, but once in a while, if you watch enough there are slip-ups, sometimes there are weird reports on the 24hour news channels that you only see once, instead of once every news cycle. I bet that the vast majority of these are just mistakes, but once in a very long while there are ones that just seem to come out of nowhere, like a line about American military working in some country that is not supposed to have any American presence at all, and then the story just dissapears before the next news cycle, very strange.

~Astral

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   
My opinion...either the Deltas from the US....or the Isreali version...they seem to get the most done in the fastest and most effective way...

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I would go with either the SAS, based on the Iranian embassy hostage rescue, or the Israeli special forces, based on the Entebbe raid... but I'm no expert.

koji K.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
It depends on context..
For damage/ability-to-man ratio, I'd go with the SBS definitely.
The only problem is that they are around 350 in numbers, and as such, dont have that large a capability (though, all 350 are very rarely needed/deployed) in terms of number of active operational theatres.
For overall ability/whatever you want to measure it by, I'd definitely throw it to the Spetsnaz, if some of the things I've read about their training is true, they are damn good. They also are probably the largest, at 10,000+ men.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
U.S. Navy SEALs, U.S. Army SFOD-D, British SAS, Australian SAS, Israeli Special Forces, Russian Spetsnaz.... It all depends on the situation.

Overall, I would go with the SEALs.

Mr. M

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Since the Marines are my favorite brance and im biased towards them (nothing french anyway haha) i like Force Recon

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
My uncles best friend who he works out with use to be in the recon in Gulfwar 1, he said 1 seal could take out 10 of them.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
i think the reason that 1 seal could take out 10 reacon is because seals are basically trained to kill everything in sight THEN go finish the mission.
where as marine reacon prefer to sneak and then hit hard

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I think the recon's job is more cooler, wear a ghillie suit and stealth.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I was also reading this... www.specialoperations.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Aust SAS are the worlds elite, american military has quoted this...

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Would have to go with the SEALS, but with all the secret organisations, how can we know what all of them are?

new topics

top topics

join