It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATLANTIS FOUND near Florida (my theory)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If Atlantis existed, it was before the last Ice age, because now it's about 500 to 1000 feet under water.

Something like that.

Js

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Interesting theory. Until I saw this I had never heard of ley lines.

One thing I've never seen mentioned before: Atlantis in connection with the disappearances of ships and planes in the Bermuda Triangle. Now I know about the ley lines, maybe they are also connected in some way?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Ley lines are a fantasy.

You've wasted some of the neurons in your brain even thinking about them.

Harte

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

And how is it that you can say for a fact that they are fantasy?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techy
reply to post by Harte

Because they were made up in the first place, there's not even the tiniest iota of evidence for their reality, and they are used to explain things that are easily explained without them or to buttress other claims that in reality have no basis in fact.

IOW. these imaginary lines don't even do anything except imaginary things.

Harte

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Thanks man was a great read, I just got one quick question maybe someone would like to put my mind to rest with.

Why do we think Atlantis was so advanced if it failed at invading athens? From what i've read people have proposed they had flying ships the whole works.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Just found this article which surprised me a lot. Everybody thinks Plato was the first mentioning Atlantis, which is not true!
There were several authors before him, Herodotus who visited Egypt, and another author Hellanicus of Lesbos (490-410 B.C.) who mentioned Atlantis long before Plato.

www.atlantisquest.com...

First of all we have Hellanicus of Lesbos (490-410 B.C.), an ancient Greek writer whom scholars consider "transitional" between the earlier mythographers and later historians. Some thirty works of chronology, geography, and history are attributed to him, but we possess only fragments. Hellanicus made a distinction between what he saw as Greek mythology from history, and is known among modern scholars as a "Greek historian whose work marks an advance in the development of historiography." (Enc. Brit., 1961 edition.)
Possibly more important is this example from the same era in which Herodotus, the "father of history," mentions Atlantis by name in referring to the body of water into which it sank. Below is the Greek text of a portion of Clio (History, Bk I, 202) in which the waters beyond the Straits of Gibraltar is said to be known as the Atlantis Sea.

edit on 22-12-2010 by gnostician because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
Hey Plato said that Atlantis was infront of the Pillars of Hercules. The Pillars of Hercules is the Rock of Gibraltar, i know because im from there. Stone henge is made of limestone so are many other rocks of this nature. The Rock of Gibraltar is a very large limestone rock and there is no other mountain rock type anywhere near it. I thought id point that out.

I thought I'd point out that you're a complete phucktard.

In no way is stonehenge limestone, nor has it ever been considered to be. What in Allah's name makes you think that? Oh wait you didn't think because that would require some sort of advances sentient ability that you somehow missed out on. sarsen and bluestone is what stonehenge is ya dip#.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

reply to post by Harte

Because they were made up in the first place, there's not even the tiniest iota of evidence for their reality, and they are used to explain things that are easily explained without them or to buttress other claims that in reality have no basis in fact.

Harte

black holes are also imaginary, a hypothesis, but most people take them for granted. and scientists accept them as fact and use them to buttress other claims.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

atlantis is mentioned in many occult books. edgar cayce writes about it and suggests evidence will be found of it near bimini atoll or somewhere near the bahamas. other writers claim that it rose to its peak, full of decadence, was advanced scientifically enough to splice human dna with animal dna, incurred the wrath of cosmic law and attracted its own demise. wise atlanteans were aware of the impending doom and migrated to other parts of the world including egypt and sth america. the usa has many incarnated from atlantis to see if they learn their lesson properly. it does not appear so.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangutang

Originally posted by Harte

reply to post by Harte

Harte

black holes are also imaginary, a hypothesis, but most people take them for granted. and scientists accept them as fact and use them to buttress other claims.

The effect on surroundings that black holes produce can be (and have been) predicted and later verified through actual astronomical observation of suspected black holes .
Wouldn't call that "imaginary."

I can admit, however, that the prevailing theory for black holes may not be entirely correct. On the other hand, since the comparison is ridiculous in the first place, this admission really doesn't mean much.

See, Ley lines are used to explain things that have never even been observed, and Ley lines cannot be independantly detected. Ley lines are used to explain things that there are no reasons at all to believe in the existence of and therefore no reasons at all to attempt to explain.

The concept of black holes was deduced long before any suspect black holes were discovered.

The concept of Ley lines came about as a presumption about alignments of human constructions which are completely and easily explained by mathematics as typical. Because these alignments are explained mathematically, there's no reason to assume the existence of any such influence as Ley lines are claimed to have. In other worlds, there's no "mystery" here that needs Ley lines to explain it.

Harte

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by midicon

please do not take this the wrong way because i do not mean this offensively at all, but i myself have not studied Plato but it does not stop me from wondering about Atlantis. I have watched documentaries and read books, and studied things online about Atlantis from time to time, but does that mean that someone cannot inquire about Atlantis just because they have not studied Plato? Maybe someone else has and would know some of the answers. It looks to me like he has done a great deal of thinking on this subject and i give him alot of credit for that. Again, i hope you do not take offense because that is not my intention.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
nice thread allow me to chip in a few things

re atlantean defeat by "Athenians" if I remember my plato correctly that term was used by the scribe to describe some sort of ancestral people living in the area there weren't any greeks at the time maybe early or pre-Mycenaean.
any way my point is that the Hellenes [Greeks] were of indo-european origin, so these "Athenians" may have been related to or had access to the technology of the contemporaneous Rama culture. let's not forget also that Atlantis was way into it's final decline, with the last of a series of catastrophes following shortly[due to the misuse of those crystals Cayce and a previous poster mentioned.

there are a lot of ancient cities/ruins showing up under coastal waters Japan, Cuba, Pakistan... just off the top of my head. as an earlier poster pointed out "Atlantis" may have been used in the same fashion as we nowadays speak of the West or Christendom, maybe all of these sunken cities or at least those on the Atlantic are "Atlantean".
I'm more inclined to Antarctica than Greenland, which I am 1st hearing about as a possible contender for Atlantis, here on this thread.

there are quite a few good threads here on that I highly recommend to OP and all, just one

Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-1 and there is a part 2 still waiting for 3

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparta
Thanks man was a great read, I just got one quick question maybe someone would like to put my mind to rest with.

Why do we think Atlantis was so advanced if it failed at invading athens? From what i've read people have proposed they had flying ships the whole works.

Cheers

The Atlanteans failed to attack Athens because their homeland was sunk before the assault. That's how the Critias explains it. The Atlanteans were ordinary just like the Greeks and they didn't have any advanced technology. Just read the whole story below. It's a cool read.

www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Staysay29
reply to post by midicon

please do not take this the wrong way because i do not mean this offensively at all, but i myself have not studied Plato but it does not stop me from wondering about Atlantis. I have watched documentaries and read books, and studied things online about Atlantis from time to time, but does that mean that someone cannot inquire about Atlantis just because they have not studied Plato?

In fact, it does.

Sorry.

But you needn't "study Plato," which is a daunting task. Plato mentions Atlantis in only two of his writings. Both are from his dialogues, which are reasonably short.

They are Timaeus and Critias.

There is no other source than Plato in the ancient world, and everyone since then that wrote even one word about Atlantis was writing about Plato's Atlantis.

You see, if you want to know all there is to know about Atlantis, you have to read Plato because there is no other source.

Unless you want to believe in channeling.

Harte

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Thank you very much for posting those links. He explains Atlantis in such detail its amazing. I found some videos on youtube from this one individual who believes they found Atlantis on Google Earth, if you would like to see them just let me know. I think its a pretty good chance that they may have found it. Thats just my opinon maybe or just wishful thinking.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Staysay29
reply to post by Harte

Thank you very much for posting those links. He explains Atlantis in such detail its amazing. I found some videos on youtube from this one individual who believes they found Atlantis on Google Earth, if you would like to see them just let me know. I think its a pretty good chance that they may have found it. Thats just my opinon maybe or just wishful thinking.

No thank you, as there is no question whatsoever that Atlantis never existed.

Harte

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
yeah see Alantis isnt all that old.....

yes the city is now under the ocean but i had always thought that i was part of Turkey or Greece ....

my idea of what alantis was , is that it was one of the first citys built by human yet it was also said somewhere that alantis was the Orginal city of the old old greek gods before apollo and zeus ..

there was a history long since forgotten by man .. of kind alien creature who came to this planet to protect it yet they failed...

they were angels so to speak and where murdered by the trogolits to help the latter gain intellegence and the ability to speak... but that is all...

they attempted to again what the angels had imortality ...

the orginal sin... and to this day man kind is paying for that sin...

the city of alantis was the city of angels... since they fell so did the city.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join