It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATLANTIS FOUND near Florida (my theory)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Ok ...i know there is so many articles and threads about the famous Atlantis
but let try to really find it this time
.. i dont know if my theory was put foward before
i also dont want to duplicate any theories ... i came to this speculation on my own with personal research
connecting dots on many subject .. is my way to discover certain truth or parts of it
i didnt read all articles or thread about this .. but i want to share MY theory now
our most deared mythological lost city .. the secret of WHERE IT IS
i simply love this myth for many reasons

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/40f0f1d52d2b.jpg[/atsimg]

This is what we know of Atlantis now :

Atlantis (in Greek, Ἀτλαντὶς νῆσος, "island of Atlas") is a legendary island first mentioned in Plato's dialogues Timaeus and Critias.

In Plato's account, Atlantis was a naval power lying "in front of the Pillars of Hercules" that conquered many parts of Western Europe and Africa 9,000 years before the time of Solon, or approximately 9600 BC. After a failed attempt to invade Athens, Atlantis sank into the ocean "in a single day and night of misfortune".

Scholars dispute whether and how much Plato's story or account was inspired by older traditions. Some scholars argue Plato drew upon memories of past events such as the Thera eruption or the Trojan War, while others insist that he took inspiration from contemporary events like the destruction of Helike in 373 BC[1] or the failed Athenian invasion of Sicily in 415–413 BC.

The possible existence of a genuine Atlantis was discussed throughout classical antiquity, but it was usually rejected and occasionally parodied by later authors. As Alan Cameron states: "It is only in modern times that people have taken the Atlantis story seriously; no one did so in antiquity".[2] While little known during the Middle Ages[citation needed], the story of Atlantis was rediscovered by Humanists in the Early Modern period. Plato's description inspired the utopian works of several Renaissance writers, like Francis Bacon's "New Atlantis". Atlantis inspires today's literature, from science fiction to comic books to films. Its name has become a byword for any and all supposed advanced prehistoric lost civilizations.

Atlantis on Wikipedia

How do we imagine it ...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3cc65262eb08.jpg[/atsimg]

Stargate Atlantis version :

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6607ea030534.jpg[/atsimg]

It represent so many thing ... Knowledges , Communication, Spiritual awareness, Generaly Advanced
and some kind of renewable energy they can use across the city
this is the part where the leylines come in ... i dont know if anyone connected those dots before
The leylines
The bermuda triangle
The atlantis city

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/78e6ada59528.gif[/atsimg]

This city found a way to harvest those energetic earth leylines
and some big earth stones are the secret of that harvest

The heal stone from stonehenge:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4fbc1ecd793d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/428d410c888b.jpg[/atsimg]

The emanations from the city surplus power need to be release somewhere if its not used .. perhaps the city powergenerators didnt shut off .. when a mysterious catastrophe happened
its plausible and this is why the bermuda triangle look like literaly alive

The city might be literaly there where all the line connect

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b00ba34d9faa.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0eff559394c3.jpg[/atsimg]

The upper triangle point is not florida .. but just beside it under water
it might mean .. that Atlantis is located at the florida east coast

this is my theory of its whereabout
and the 2 last dot from the bermuda triangle below .. have probably some energy stone that were positionned .. like outposts of some kind

Atlantis is below the bermuda triangle .. somewhere in the center .. its the only logic place ..
or its in another galaxy like in SGA lol ..
i dont think so .. it still here on earth im sure ... ocean are deep and it cover many place on earth
thousand of year ago .. earth was at least 30% less covered than we are now (my apx number) i think more
some ATS members might correct me on the 30%

If its hunder the sea .. the tectonic plates moved the ground a lot ...
remember what the continents looked like before???
If we position florida .. in that map .. it would be at the middle...
very secure aways from the waters

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8e44654ebd52.png[/atsimg]

I cant tell the years between the creation of atlantis and the displacement of the continents
it would depend on old can really be the famous atlantis

Since atlantis was probably one of the most solid city ever constructed ... almost invicible
they should had constructed Atlantis on the top of mount Everest .. they have underestimates the power of Earth and water .. especialy water

The 3 points of the bermuda triangle .. i think they were outpost with energetic stone like stoneedge
and one (the city)
im sure if we take the leyline earth map .. they will connect the 3 bermuda triangle
altantis probably discovered those energy line and find a way to harvest it

Just imagine what this energy can accomplish if somebody find a way to harvest it

thats a little part of what i know of atlantis

The ancient people of atlantis were probably helped by higher being
that have teached them some great earth secrets
that only a old experienced civilization can have and teach people with it .. they probably were Aliens yes ..

I would like the help of my fellow ATS member on this ...
imagine if we can uncover Atlantis ...
what it can do to ATS if we HERE can recover it and not the millions dollars paid government scientists
edit on 10/6/2010 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Hey Plato said that Atlantis was infront of the Pillars of Hercules. The Pillars of Hercules is the Rock of Gibraltar, i know because im from there. Stone henge is made of limestone so are many other rocks of this nature. The Rock of Gibraltar is a very large limestone rock and there is no other mountain rock type anywhere near it. I thought id point that out.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
Hey Plato said that Atlantis was infront of the Pillars of Hercules. The Pillars of Hercules is the Rock of Gibraltar, i know because im from there. Stone henge is made of limestone so are many other rocks of this nature. The Rock of Gibraltar is a very large limestone rock and there is no other mountain rock type anywhere near it. I thought id point that out.

Did Plato actualy went there himself ? i dont remember about the plato story details
if he had this Atlantis trip ... the city was still alive and untouch by waters ?
how old is Plato .. ?

because many thing on earth where displaced by the plates .. i would not trust any old maps
we have to have luck to find Atlantis .. or research it and connects some dots .. and maybe just maybe
you might find the right spot .. and i dont have another place then near the florida east coast

did many people researched at this spot (bottom right)

it would be the first place on earth i would investigate for Atlantis

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Cool...

To connect the dots through the energylines makes sense. And i would actually do my own research if i would have an accurate worldmap with the leys on it...
And also i can follow the statement of atlantis laying in the middle of pangea.

But i see a little flaw in it...

If they have built a huge city on pangea, what we could call atlantis (whatever the real name was)
Then the actual energy grid system wouldnt fit!
So atlantis could not have been built at pangea time...

You see that stonehenge and the pyramids and many other sites sit very well on this lines...
If we assume a higher worldwide culture that did know this little secret about the energy lines
They must have been built AFTER the plate tectonics (that formed the continents as we know them now).

Just my few cents on it at the moment...

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JimIrie

what if the city would have the power to move itself .. envelopped in a huge energy bubble
that cutted through solid rock to make a perfect bubble

if Atlantis had the power to move itself on earth not in space .. it would explain many things
its another theory .. those energy leylines are powerfull enought to raise a special shield bubble

but we dont know what type of technology they had ...
from one thing .. we have in our head .. they had incredible advanced techs

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

This is a littlebit of too much speculation for me...
But actually you could find a good world map with pangea at the right position (what is speculative aswell)
and lay the energy grid system on it...
Maybe you will find something?

Actually this research is very interesting and i always love the topic about atlantis...

Oh and by the way, plato didn´t travel to it himself, he got his knowlege from another greek fellow that has got the knowlege in egypt from a priest...

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81
Just some advice.
You are writing a thread about Atlantis,
And you don't know anything about Plato?
Maybe you should start there!
Didn't you know that's where the story begins?

That's all I can't address any of the other madness!

Regards, Midicon.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by midicon
reply to post by Ben81
Just some advice.
You are writing a thread about Atlantis,
And you don't know anything about Plato?
Maybe you should start there!
Didn't you know that's where the story begins?

That's all I can't address any of the other madness!

Regards, Midicon.

I have came across Plato .. but even Plato has is secret ...
some say he went there other say they met him who met with Atlanteans
i have heard many theory ... the Plato's theory are also speculation
the plato story is like the Bible about God .. its old and it was rewriten by many
can we 100% trust each words of them ?

Plato on Wiki

Plato: copy of portrait bust by Silanion
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dcf5b30486a7.jpg[/atsimg]

Plato (English pronunciation: /ˈpleɪtoʊ/; Greek: Πλάτων, Plátōn, "broad"[2]; 428/427 BC[a] – 348/347 BC), was a Classical Greek philosopher, mathematician, writer of philosophical dialogues, and founder of the Academy in Athens, the first institution of higher learning in the Western world. Along with his mentor, Socrates, and his student, Aristotle, Plato helped to lay the foundations of Western philosophy and science.[3] Plato was originally a student of Socrates, and was as much influenced by his thinking as by his apparently unjust execution.

Plato's dialogues Timaeus and Critias, written in 360 BC, contain the earliest references to Atlantis. For unknown reasons, Plato never completed Critias. Plato introduced Atlantis in Timaeus:

For it is related in our records how once upon a time your State stayed the course of a mighty host, which, starting from a distant point in the Atlantic ocean, was insolently advancing to attack the whole of Europe, and Asia to boot. For the ocean there was at that time navigable; for in front of the mouth which you Greeks call, as you say, 'the pillars of Heracles,' there lay an island which was larger than Libya and Asia together; and it was possible for the travelers of that time to cross from it to the other islands, and from the islands to the whole of the continent over against them which encompasses that veritable ocean. For all that we have here, lying within the mouth of which we speak, is evidently a haven having a narrow entrance; but that yonder is a real ocean, and the land surrounding it may most rightly be called, in the fullest and truest sense, a continent. Now in this island of Atlantis there existed a confederation of kings, of great and marvelous power, which held sway over all the island, and over many other islands also and parts of the continent.

stories are sometimes beautifull and have novelty ... but thats it
they are to old .. time change stories like that
i have many plato questions like the ones i have stated above

if aliens helped to build this city and they had some leylines at their disposal .. especially the spot near florida coast ... you can move an entire city if you harvest energy coming from a planet and you have the right technologies to use it

there is so many speculation ...
but now this thread is not about Plato .. but where would be the best logic place on earth .. to locate Atlantis
and i think its near the florida east coast ..
perhaps some advanced tech moved it .. or the earth plates helped

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by midicon

The "story" didn't start with Plato. Just like Jim Irie said, it was knowledge passed down by an EGYPTIAN priest. After Atlantis, the peoples scattered, and some of them ended up in Egypt. Ancient Egyptians were the descendants of Atlantis, and after Atlantis is when the Freemasonry began, freemasons believe that The Order was started, and all their knowledge attained originated from that which was taught in Atlantis, and passed down to Ancient Egypt.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
People against the idea of a sunken civilization in the atlantic always argue that nowhere in ancient literature is mention of Atlantis. That it is a pure invention of Plato.
But they miss that the place of origin from the Aztecs was called by them Aztlan and it laid in the north from their view. It was also sunken in the sea and had a similar name like Atlantis.

A-Z-TLAN

A-TLAN-TIS

I have been always conected to this narration and searched always for an ansewer.

Thank you for sharing.
edit on 20/02/2009 by Karmayogi11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The Greeks were considered as being like children by their Egyptian teachers.
There are far older stories regardnig Atlantis which date it back to starting approx 50,000 years ago.
Atlantis was a civilisation not just situated in one location. It is believed to be where the Atlantic Ocean now covers as well as a larger area incoperating the Americas.
Assuming that 50,000 years ago was the start line of Atlantis/Atland - Their end time would have been approx 25,000 years ago - a rough figure - This is a processional number used by both Egyptians and Mayans and most likely others such a China.
Any way the story or myth that wa told to Greek scolars spoke of a time when Greece was part of a larger complex of Landmass and Islands - It is said that the some of Original Greeks survived the massive upheavels triggered by a mis use of a high advanced technology but that these land masses eventually sank as he full affect of the upheavels manifested. What the Egyptians were informing of was that Greece is far more ancient than what we historically think it to be.
Ancient Egyptian Philosophy (discussion and debate) is at least 50,000 years old far out dating what we think that civilisation to be.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by leira7
reply to post by midicon

The "story" didn't start with Plato. Just like Jim Irie said, it was knowledge passed down by an EGYPTIAN priest. After Atlantis, the peoples scattered, and some of them ended up in Egypt. Ancient Egyptians were the descendants of Atlantis, and after Atlantis is when the Freemasonry began, freemasons believe that The Order was started, and all their knowledge attained originated from that which was taught in Atlantis, and passed down to Ancient Egypt.

You forgot the Mayans

i think it went like this

Atlantis --> Mayan --> Egyptian ... --> Modern age
something like that .. i can be wrong but there is something linking those 3 different aged mighty civilizations with divine knowledges that we still question to this date

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karmayogi11
People against the idea of a sunken civilization in the atlantic always argue that nowhere in ancient literature is mention of Atlantis. That it is a pure invention of Plato.
But they miss that the place of origin from the Aztecs was called by them Aztlan and it laid in the north from their view. It was also sunken in the sea and had a similar name like Atlantis.

A-Z-TLAN

A-TLAN-TIS

I have been always conected to this narration and searched always for an ansewer.

Thank you for sharing.

Aztek i forgot them
where would you place Aztek in that order

Atlantis --> Mayan --> Egyptian ... --> Modern age

i think Mayan are older i can be wrong again its with these speculations sometimes that we uncover the truth

A-Z-TLAN
A-TLAN-TIS they do lookalike nice theory
this is a great one to help connects the dots

thank you

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I believe the story did'nt start with Plato, but Plato mentions it first in literature. I think Atlantis was in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and stretched from the straights of Gibraltar all the way to America. I believe it sank an the people spread in different areas.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
LEYLINES

they are mythical yes .. since no one yet have really tested their powers
they can be roads to .. another reasons .. they are all centering there

Ley lines are alleged alignments of a number of places of geographical interest, such as ancient monuments and megaliths that are thought by certain adherents to dowsing and New Age beliefs to have spiritual power. Their existence was suggested in 1921 by the amateur archaeologist Alfred Watkins, in his book The Old Straight Track. The believers in ley lines think that the lines and their intersection points resonate a special psychic or mystical energy.[1] Ascribing such characteristics to ley lines has led to the term being classified as pseudoscience.

Ley lines can be the product of ancient surveying, property markings, or commonly traveled pathways. Many cultures use straight lines across the landscape. In South America, such lines often are directed towards mountain peaks; the Nazca lines are a famous example of lengthy lines made by ancient cultures. Straight lines connect ancient pyramids in Mexico; today, modern roads built on the ancient roads deviate around the huge pyramids. The Chaco culture of Northwestern New Mexico cut stairs into sandstone cliffs to facilitate keeping roads straight. Additionally, chance alignments and coincidence are often cited as explanations that cannot be ruled out.

Watkins's theories have been adapted by later writers. Some of his ideas were taken up by the occultist Dion Fortune who featured them in her 1936 novel The Goat-footed God. Since then, ley lines have become the subject of a few magical and mystical theories.[citation needed]

Two British dowsers, Captain Robert Boothby and Reginald A. Smith, Keeper of the British and Roman Antiquities of the British Museum, have linked the appearance of prehistoric sites such as earthworks, barrows and prehistoric temples, with underground streams and magnetic currents. (Capt Robert Boothby, R.N.: "The Religion of the Stone Age", Journal of the British Society of Dowsers, Vol 2, p135).

Guy Underwood conducted various investigations and claimed that crossings of 'negative' water lines and positive aquastats explain why certain sites were chosen as holy. He found so many of these 'double lines' on sacred sites that he named them 'holy lines.'[citation needed] Citation: More accurately, Underwood does not refer to the actual crossings of water lines and aquastats as "holy lines", but as instances in which the two "run together on approximately the same course".(Guy Underwood "The Pattern of the Past" Page 37, Abacus Books, ISBN 349134138).

One of Underwood's major observations obtained through his study of dowsing was that both the siting and entire layout of ancient monuments in Europe, from Stonehenge up to the medieval cathedrals and churches, all appear to be predicated entirely by the geodetic topology, noting that all the major spiritual centers and sites he had studied were built over 'blind springs'; major confluences of lines at specific places, which take a spiral course (blind springs, also referred to as 'knots' by traditional water dowsers, are also where water-wells are typically drilled).

Wikipedia Link

Im i the only one to connect the 3 dots ... between the Leylines, Bermuda Triangle and Atlantis
i think its plausible .. if anyone know a rich guy who search for Atlantis .. tell him to go near the Florida East Coast...
at one condition .. i want to come on the boat to see the first image of Atlantis

now that i have found it

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
I believe the story did'nt start with Plato, but Plato mentions it first in literature. I think Atlantis was in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and stretched from the straights of Gibraltar all the way to America. I believe it sank an the people spread in different areas.

You validate that its possible .. that Atlantis is in the Atlantic ocean .. (oddly named for a ocean)
and its now near the Florida east coast

Atlantis in the Atlantic

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

No thanks to you! The olmecs are the oldest in relation to maya azteks before them I would put that Civilization that existed before the great flood. You have to notice that the most oldest pieces of evidence, like the stoneheads of eastern islands or the diorite blocks of Tihuanaco in Peru are the most precise and awesome.

In front the coast of cuba there is something like a sunken city:

www.satellitediscoveries.com...

mathildasweirdworldweblog.wordpress.com...

Spanish: axxon.com.ar...

www.taringa.net...

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karmayogi11

In fact, the Aztec had no tradition of Aztlan sinking into the sea.

The word Aztlan is Nahuatl. This language didn't even develop until after Plato was dead. It was certainly not around 9,000 years before his death.

Any similarity in sound must absolutely be coincidental then.

The Egyptians are far older than the Maya. There is no known Egyptian myth or tradition that resembles in any way the tale told by Plato.

He was making it up to make a point about the fate of perfect societies, such as the perfect society he made up in the dialogue immediately preceding Timaeus, the Republic.

Harte

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

The Egyptians are far older than the Maya ..

i didnt know that .. i though the mysterious Egyptian civilization was the newest one
and Atlantis the first one
Mayans are between
.. i think

we really need to put a scale with the correct age
to know who came before and after

it will serve has a basis in the research of facts on Atlantis

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Do you have a larger clearer worldmap view of these leylines?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join