It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Google been recording fragments of peoples online activities?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
A judge in Madrid, Spain, has ordered a Google representative to appear in court. Could Google be recording our every move in every country?
Who knows what Google has in its database.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Earlier this year a new future-predicting search engine called Recorded future attracted investment from Google and the CIA.

Could this be a tool track to track and predict the outcome of the civilian population?

www.psfk.com...
edit on 6-10-2010 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Google is the single most frightening data mining operation ever created. Of all the hyperbole, especially somewhere like ATS (
) that I've been exposed to, the scariest phrases I've ever heard are "Google analytics" and "Google spiders".

The spectrum of information they can obtain is staggering - factoring in home computing and mobile devices, including smart phones - but what can be done with that information to "map" a person is truly scary. It's not just that they know where you go, what you access, and your personal communications. It's that they can analyze that data to profile you.

How long do you spend on certain webpages versus others?
How often do you visit specific websites, businesses, or addresses.
Who else frequents those sites or places? Are their visits overlapping yours?
What psychological or pathological patterns emerge from your habits???

All very frightening things for anyone to be able to access... Much less a private company. Or a private company set up as a front for, oh I don't know, CIA, NSA?

Scary stuff indeed.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

BTW Dr Cosma, Just a personal thought...

You might consider fleshing out your OP just a bit and asking a mod to move this to the ATS forum. I personally think that this article is suited to that forum.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Its very scary to think that Google is a front for an entity like the CIA or NSA or any other. The day 'They' want to take over they'll have it easy. They already have our profiles.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Hefficide pretty much sums it up with his excellent post above.

Google does in fact record peoples web activity, just look at when something major happens in the news or the world of sports, a graphic appears on the page and states that your search is "third hottest" today or something similiar.

I've said this before on here; if anyone read my browsing history they would think I'm a seriously mentally ill individual, simply because I have such a diverse range of interests and I'm probably a little weird
(I enjoy looking at nice food on the internet rather than actually eating in real life)

I wouldn't be surprised if Google's traffic was used by government agencies in an attempt to predict psychological patterns but in all fairness due to the varied nature of said traffic I'm not so sure it would work globally, however it's definitely possible to assume certain characteristics about an individual after looking at their browsing history; even if they looked at mine!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I am surprised that china lets google in.
google are just spies.
they proved that with google earth,
and stealing wifi info.
I would think china gets the info google gets on its citizens.
all that hype was to get people to truest them.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Pretty scary when you think of it like that

top topics

join