It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contact With Aliens

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
**** WARNING - This thread is quite speculative.****

Greetings ATSers!

Consider this.

Scientists generally agree that our planet and solar system is roughly 4.7 billion years old, that belongs to a galaxy (The Milky Way), which is believed to be 14 Billion years old. The Earth has been evolving for 4.7 Billion years, however there is a small problem. The meteor that hit the Earth 65 million years ago wiped out over 95% of all life on the planet. This meteor is what wiped out the dinosaurs. This event is what I believe is crucial to understanding where we sit on the evolutionary table of our universe. This meteor essentially reset our evolutionary progress to an extent, perhaps setting us back billions of years on the evolutionary scale.

en.wikipedia.org...

We have three types of civilizations. Based on the amount of energy a given civilization has the ability to harness and use. Earth, sadly, has not even made to a Type I Civilization, one that can harness the energy of an entire planet. As you know, with great power comes great responsibility.

If you use Drake's Equation,

www.activemind.com...
(scroll all the way down and use the calculator for yourself)

You will get an idea of how many advanced civilizations are in the Milky Way that are communicating with radio waves...which is probably an ancient method to Type II and III's. Whatever your answer is, no matter how stingy you feel like being, you should have a number greater than 0. Take that result and multiply it by the number of galaxies in the "known" Universe, which is roughly...

www.universetoday.com...

500 BILLION. The estimate I got was 2,000 TRILLION different advanced civilizations capable of communication in the known Universe. Many of those 2,000 trillion civilizations experienced the same type of cataclysmic events that set us back. It's the small percentage that didn't get set back or advanced fast enough to protect themselves from those dangers are what is exciting. If only a half of 1% of those 2,000 trillion civilizations were left unscathed or protected themselves from extinction it would leave 10 TRILLION civilizations to evolve and advance for nearly 4 billion years longer than we have here on Earth. There is no way for me to even put this into perspective. I can say that in just 200 years we went from riding around on horseback wondering where all these Indians came from to having an International Space Station. Many of those 10 trillion advanced civilizations that have had over 4 billion years to technologically evolve have failed in wielding the energy of their entire planet. They blew each other to pieces in war or perhaps by accident. Lets say that only a half of 1% safely made it to a full Type 1 Civilization. Leaving us with only 100 billion civilizations that have mastered the use of energy that large. They are probably capable of near light speed travel using conventional physics. At this point, it is safe to say that meteors, volcanoes, EMP's from their own Coronal Mass Ejections are no longer an issue for these civilizations. They can simply abandon their home planet if they could not stop a cataclysmic event. A Type II civilization can harness the energy of an entire star. This type of civilization has shattered many, if not, most of what we call the "Law's of Physics" here on Earth. They are probably capable of traveling faster than light by altering space/time. War amongst themselves does not exist, however, war with other Type II's just may. Vying for precious resources within their own galaxy. Between those who self-destructed, lost in war, and those who merged with other Type II's many of our 100 billion Type I's didn't make it. Maybe only 1%...1 billion Type II civilizations that can travel their own galaxy. But it's the Type III civilization that can harness the energy of an entire GALAXY is where this gets interesting, right? These beings have mastered time, space, medicine, spirituality, and perhaps dimensions. There are only a small handful of these civilizations...on the cosmic scale, perhaps only a tenth of 1% of Type II's have made it to a Type III. Leaving us with roughly 1 million Type III civilizations in the "known" Universe.

Many of these Type III Civilizations undoubtedly know of each other. Sure, some may be rouge. It is likely a governing body between them has been formed...a federation perhaps. This "Federation" probably monitors the progress of other civilizations to stop them from misusing their new found power. However, I would imagine it would be strictly forbidden to share Type III technology with civilizations who are not ready to wield it, like ourselves. Many believe that if we were being visited by ET's they would've made themselves known. I believe perhaps this is against protocol and there are parameters for such an event enforced by this "Federation."

Stephen Hawking used Cristopher Columbus and the Native American's as an example of what it would be like if we were visited. Dr. Michio Kaku equated it to Cortez and the Aztecs. I believe these statements are innaccurate. In order for an advanced civilization to be able to visit us they MUST think differently than we do, in terms of violence, or they would have self-destructed in the technology evolution process. This is the reason we don't have and probably won't have flying cars. Imagine everyone in the world flying around in personal vehicles that have the power of several nuclear bombs. It wouldn't be but an hour or two until we were back to the stone age. I believe perhaps a better analogy could be likened to a Ivy Leauge Professor who has been choosen to study a newly found tribe that lives in a cave system in South America. This tribe was discovered by a satelite and let's just say we are certain that they have had almost no interaction with modern man. Our professor certainly wouldn't just walk up to the tribe and take them over with a machine gun. There is a certain amount of respect for these tribesman, as they resemble humans. It is likely that our professor would spend weeks, if not months, studying the tribe at a distance. Our professor studies their anatomy, culture, language, religion/beliefs, art, and social structure without disturbing them. The professor finds that the tribes art and religion revolves around a "Bird God." The tribe worships a massive effigy of their "Bird God" which closely resembles a helicopter. After further study, the professor finds that many of the tribesman suffer from different types of cancer. However, he see's something miraculous! The professor witnesses the tribes "medicine man" curing the people of the tribe of all different types of cancer! This is amazing to the proffesor but he cannot figure out how the medicine man is doing it. With all the people in America dying by the minute of cancer the professor knows it is time to approach the tribe. The professor, along with his colleauges, devise a plan. It quite simple. The professor will make a grand entrance in, you guessed it, a helicopter. He will wear a grand costume and video tape the cancer ritual. The professor, in all his study of the tribe, knows that what plagues the tribe is quite simply the lack of morality. Upon leaving the tribe the proffesor decides to hand them a book that outlines simple rules for coexistance. He explains to the tribesman that they shall follow the guidlines because one day...he will return.

It is fairly safe to assume that if we were visited by a Type II or III civilization it would not be the first time that the advanced beings have contacted an earth-like race. It wouldn't be their first BBQ. These beings would probably be well-versed in extrapolating any technology or resources from inferior civilizations. As I said earlier, they probably operate under the guidlines of some universal federation. When/if we are approached by an advanced civilization it is safe to assume that they have been studying us for quite some time. They know of our language, religions, social structure, technology, weaponry. They have studied our anatomy much like we studied the anatomy of the Rhinocerous. By shooting a traquilizer dart and dragging the specimen back to our mobile lab. The specimen just thought it was all a bad dream.

I believe that getting people to fear the approach of an advanced civilization is a VERY dangerous notion. Knowing that it is nearly impossibe to travel to distant stars, using the conventional physics that mainstream scientists clutch to, it would be an atrocity to engage an alien visitation with hostility. They are probably hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of years ahead of us. Although, it may be against "Federation" rules for them to just come and attack us it may be legal for them to "fire, if fired upon."

I hope you guys enjoyed my little "theory"...

edit on 6-10-2010 by QuantumDisciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
interesing theory, but then if that is the case,
This is not ment to conflict your theory but add questions to it.

Type 3, 2 and 1 would not be flying in flying saucers.
Take the 50's Come on, those pictures are garbage can lids! Junkers or beaters that a advanced civilization wouldn't even build let alone fly. Unless the kids took something out of the junk yard and went joy riding to earth.
Would aliens fly anything we could see? or be detected with infrared when puny little earthings have craft you can't detect? If they want to be secrete then they will be secretly invisible and then why even fly anything? When they can make probs out of photons or use star-gate transportation. Who needs crafts? Seriously Warp time and space and step through.

what if galaxies are just cells of a giant life form?

I am sure there is other life forms and if they become a type 3 civilization I can not dumb it down to flying saucers.

So maybe the advanced are watching the dumb down dudes who are star gating to our planet who are watching and looking at even dumber dudes flying around in UFO's who are watching us.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mysteryskeptic

You bring up several interesting points here. We can only imagine what a Type III is capable of and even our imagination probaby isn't far enough ahead to concieve of what they are capable of.

I've also pondered over the Universe being the a single cell. At this point the question is really unanswerable.

The message that I was really hoping to get across in this thread was the danger of approaching alien contact with hostility. I can only hope our leaders are not this stupid.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
they are here

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Salenai

I would have to agree. With all of the compelling evidence in the "Ancient Astronaut Theory," UFOs in ancient writings (Ezekial's Wheel) and artwork, I'd say we have been studied for quite some time. As the threat of nuclear fallout is becoming immenent the moment of a "Grand Intro" may be closer than we think.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by QuantumDisciple

Just responding to your thinking toward the destruction of the dinosaurs. There is still considerable discussion about the exact causes of that wipe out, so it is not appropriate at this time to say that the comet strike was solely responsible. There are other possible causes, and its considered at this time, that there are probably more than one single cause, rather the incident is thought to have been caused by combined factors. Look it up.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Very well done in style and scope. It will be helpful to relatively new folks trying to take the first steps in coming to terms with the ET/UFO topic in general. An imporant step, but nothing more than getting their heads around where they should be anyway. There is, the rest of the story.

The nitty-gritty part staring us in the face is not merely a realization that THEY are HERE, basically confronting us, but the after part. The part where the interaction and integration of these virtural modern gods and what they bring into the human physic and everyday life. Staring in the face of the technological aspects of such civilizations that Clarke has called "magic" will be difficult enough for us to endure, especially in all areas of high-mindedness such as science, education, philosophy/religion and ideologies. But as has been amply demonstrated with abductee case after case is the mental capabilities that these creatures command and have used on humans.

This will be the most difficult area of acceptance for virtually any human mind, and therefore, the most important aspect of the whole situation. How this "impossible" attribute of the alien mind will be approached and conveyed in educational methods aimed at the world's population is an interesting question. That talent alone, those are god-like powers, will be enough to drive about half of the world crazy on just the knowledge of it. Let them tinker with a few more minds than is done with the abductees, and the whole world will go ballistic and anti-alien quickly.

The ETs won't approach and simply dump their technological wonders and gagets on us We can expect they won't rape our minds at their will. We can expect them to be smart enough to withhold the general use of such powers, but, yet they have displayed them enough that they can be discussed. Perhaps that aspect is as much a part of their plan of acquaintance as it is to zip around for over half a century letting us glimpse their ships (if, indeed, those are real ships).

We must expect that they will--if not already have--entered into negotiations with our world governments via the UN. (After all, that is what the NWO is all about, isn't it?.) We as a world of mere humans are powerless, but our agencies will be allowed the pretense of having a say in all matters. And the matters of maintaining the proper level of discipline are being addressed at this time under the heading of the prevention of terrorism. It all will be strictly controlled as has been our social and cultural movenents towards accepting life out there....

It will be announced, sooner or later, that while the ETs have incredible psi abilities, they are being banned by a set of UN resolutions to use them directly or indirectly on humans. For the religious, the connection will be made that the situation is little different than how God watches all, knows all, but lets free will run its course. And, of course, by that time government surveillance techniques will be ubiquitous in the developed countries.

The day the UFOs land is not going to be a joyous day. It will be the end of the human race as we know it. We will learn by teaching from above and example how to evolve into new creatures. That concept is scary as Hell and the physical path even more so. Evolution of the human form will begin, but not before the nasty revolution of those that don't want it. And I think you will be surprised at the number of people that won't.

I highly recommend an old novel by Arthur C. Clarke, "Childhood's End." It lays out the grandeur and the horror of it all.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Point taken. You would agree that the extinction rate of land based fauna was 95%+ from the event(s) and reaction(s) thereof?

The reason I cited the event is to demonstrate the we are perhaps far behind in the evolution process of technology amongst advanced civilizations throughout the Universe.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumDisciple

Point taken. You would agree that the extinction rate of land based fauna was 95%+ from the event(s) and reaction(s) thereof?

The reason I cited the event is to demonstrate the we are perhaps far behind in the evolution process of technology amongst advanced civilizations throughout the Universe.

I absolutely agree that the evidence as it stands supports that during the period referenced, that rate of extinction is accurate. I understand of course,why you cited the event, but there is something more to consider.
What we know about prehistory changes constantly , how old mammilian life on earth really is for instance, which may have been around longer than we thought, and recently humanity has been discovered to probably be several thousand years older than previously thought.
What I am getting at , is that in order to make accurate judgements about predicted speed of evolution on other planets, and our comparative progress, we need to be a hell of a lot surer about how old our species actualy is. If we jump that gun, our predictions, our assumptions, and our results will be in error, because they will be based on unstable information. I believe that there is far more we need to learn before making assumptions. If we are to improve our accuracy of prediction about intelligent life and its wider implications, we need to re focus our attentions into the deep mists of time and really nail down our palentological history more accurately , with greater rigour.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Bravo

I hope you are wrong about the day they land not being a joyous one. I can only hope it brings us all together as human beings. The world we live in now already seems upside down. Perhaps their landing would flip us so that our feet touched the ground once again.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I see your point and agree. I didn't post this to really be seen as a "theory" that you would try and prove/disprove. I was displaying my thought process using numbers and concepts that are fairly loose and enjoyable to lead people down a path to a destination. That destination being the idea of meeting a Type II or III civilization with hostility should they visit us is a really bad idea.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Please break your posts into paragraphs easier to read for my old eyes,

Other than that sounds alot like Dr. Micho Kaku type thought process's.

When we remain at the speculation point of theory, it keeps us at point A and we have gone far beyond that. The Gov's dont completely understand so they keep it all hush hush.

There are so many types out of those trillions you know and that is why so many people feel connected to some while others seem scary and evil, we just are not mature enough to distinguish yet and like little children in a public place, lost, we can only guess and look at them to decide who is safe verses a threat.

As for the coming extinction, well we are headed that way, get your education now and do the best you can to stand out and maybe, just maybe you will earn a ticket on the shuttle.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Sorry about the lack of paragraphs
Thank you for getting through it all

I think one of the major differences I have with Dr. Kaku is when he speaks of Type II and III as "possibly even 100's of years ahead of us." I see it as more like thousands if not millions. Perhaps he is purposely doing this to bring things down into a realm that people can try and fathom...he is a sharp guy

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Quantum Disciple

Well if you compare to others yes, but if you look at how far we have come in just the past 100 years then it is a different story. the thing is we probably have technologies now that are on a shelf somewhere gathering dust, I have a theory that if God only gives as much as we are able to take at any given time, and man tries to follow Gods rule,or those who take responsibility for man, then we are waiting for the current people to die before we move so far ahead that it would drive them insane, the same as this day and age would do to people a few thousand years ago.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

This reminds me of the last scene in the movie "Indiana Jones and The Raiders of the Lost Ark" where we see presumably see the Ark of the Covenant crated up being wheeled into a warehouse with thousands of other crates that we will never know about.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I dont mean to derail or marginalize your thread, I hope others join in your discussion for a more scientific point of view, I know I am simple, and come from a more paranormal approach to these matters...
but this stuff is what its all about for me... I have learned so much from the members here on this forum its unreal.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I was hoping for a little more discussion as well. I thought there woud be a lot more "debunkers" to attack this thread. Perhaps they don't know where to even start
It did appear that the the few people who read and bothered replying felt compelled to flag. which was nice.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Hi, I like your thread. I think we don't discuss this subject as much as we should. While I agree with most of your thread, I am not inclined to be that pessimistic about our contact with ET. If they choose to contact us and if they are benevolent, I think they will try not to harm us. For example, I think they will be very careful when transferring any type of technology to us. I think as an advanced civilization, they would have the maturity to know what we can handle. Danger of technology transfer is twofold. Not only we may chose to use this technology to build more weapons (what else we are good at) but it may halt technological advancement on our own which was an issue in "childhood's end". Still, I think we can learn, grow and mature because of our contact. Sure the human race would change but why is that a bad thing? Maybe we need to change and expand our thinking. I think there would be a great upheaval in the short run with many benefits for us in the long run if we can survive the initial chaos. Having said that, I don't believe any intelligence would choose to contact us in our current situation. We are too much of a trouble to deal with.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Understand that much has changed and the Dark Ones have returned to our planet from the Old Empire. These Dark forms are from a lower dimention, they feed off our light energy because, Surprise, we are created by a Light Energy Being, commonly known as our Father in Heaven. Once our belief in God is diminished, there is not enough light energy left in us to feed on, and they go away, also they feed on the vibrations our spirit makes when we are afraid. The Grey work with these Dark Ones and they feed on Caos and Fear, much of what is going on these days in big cities. People strugling to get by and being told they cannot relax with natural relaxation methods like Mary Jane. Instead they make us feed the Government and Drug Corporations by going to doctors and getting prescription medications. If they don't get us one way they get us another way. The Kabal is behind it all. I know thats alot to take in in one paragraph but if you do some research on Galactic Federation of light founded by the Pleadians who visited, and look this up on YouTube, because all the photo's and video he took were verified as authentic, Billy Meier in Sweeden. They had to come to a country where the Government was not trying to rule its people but instead was trying to serve them still. Also look Ashtar Command and also look at this video on YouTube, the broadcast was sent on UHF/VHF TV prior to this being outlawed by our government as a way to watch TV, "First Contact - The October 14th Message" the message is a little over half way through the video. They can't remove the video because YouTube is being backed by the Church and the money they have to keep these videos free to the public. Also look up Phil Schneider, he was killed for telling us what he knew, must see the whole video. They are after me for what I know but I am not affraid, they may end up killing me, they have tried to cause me to have several Heart Attacks already, but I will not roll over. This is NOT A GAME!!!!!!!! Certain aspects, secret Illuminiati are in control of our Government and they are using the Alien Technology from the Grey to control our thoughts and prevent us from free thinking and they just flat out kill us when we know too much, like that they have Tranporter technology, Worm Hole Technology, Stealth Invisibility Technology with Quasicrystals, also found on the internet, and Plasma Shields. If you look all these things up you will find there is real Scientific work being done right now, today on these technologies but what is being released is Baby food to what the Government realy has. Do not let Phil and I die in Vein. Please look at this info and share. Also look at what Bob Lasar did and what Edgar Fouche found out and publicly released on his website about what our Airforce has, Of course they all sold us out and gave the public to the Grey to experiment on and try to control. Why? you might ask, well let me just say that its is because we are not lower dimentional Creatures, we are a blend of our physical form and our true creator, A light Energy Being commonly known as our father in Heaven. When you think about it that way, it starts to make alot of sense. These Grey are dying because they followed the Technological/Scientific way of extending life in the 3rd Dimention, Our dimention. and they know that our solar system is about to cross throught the Galactic Plane, also found online with a simple search. NASA has confirmed this. Also See NASA videos about the hollow moon, it was brought here to stabelize the planet after a massive Orion War against the Serians,( my spelling sucks, please forgive) all these things are discussed online, I am not saying everything on the internet is true, but the things I have mentioned are all very true and have been admitted to by Top Government officials at various times especialy on their death beds. Thats why they started killing them off earlier with heart attacks if they thought they would tell before their demise. Most of us have alien tech installed in our head that runs down our spine. Normal CT Scans cannot find it, you must use Thermal scanning or the Scanners the FEDs use now, See Body Scanns at Airports. Understand, not the entire Government is in on the deal, Thats why the president released Space travel to commercial competition so we have a chance to save our butts. God Bless us all and Pray our friends in space come to help us and get rid of the Dark Ones that use us and want to control our spirits and the Reptilians that want to eat us or use our women for mating, see Paranormal Activity the movie, it is not about Ghosts!!!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladyvictoria

I agree. The analogy I gave of the Professor, I guess allegory would be more suited, was a scenario in which the ETs wanted something from us. I do think their intentions would be far less of even the example I gave. I seriously doubt we really have anything they'd want. At this point, it is likely, they would of taken it...and there is nothing we could do about it. I do think contact will be a life/society changing event that leaves life as we know it different forever. In many ways it will be good and in ways bad or perhaps just awkwardly foreign. There is so much room for us to grow as a species.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join