It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message to young people

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

I don't know who you are trying to help but you just contradicted yourself in your OP you said.

The issue is - what do you want to do? It has nothing to do with sexuality.

Then you said.

I was trying to point out that sexuality should be free.

Sorry but like some have said make your OP less confusing nobody is giving you stick they are trying to understand what you are trying to say.

Thankyou

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Thanks, sub,

Here is where I am - I am a person who is always trying to help others, but it seems that when you are trying to help others, you get slammed.

Funny world, isn't it?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows

Thanks, sub,

Here is where I am - I am a person who is always trying to help others, but it seems that when you are trying to help others, you get slammed.

Funny world, isn't it?

It is a funny world but I always remember one thing karma. And it sounds like your heart is in the right place you just need to get your head to follow. And I mean no offense by saying that I have the same issue.

Sometimes it is better to walk then to run.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Thanks, sub,

Funny world, isn't it?

Sorry, Catwhoknows, you're grossly incorrect here. I like many other posters here are merely trying to establish what it is you mean asMars 1 has also stated.

Please don't cry Wolf! when you're not affording the opportunity for people to understand you. Posting one liners without rationale is misleading...people only want to understand is all.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Tripple_Helix

YES, go forward, and prepare to have kids.

I salute you for that.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Guess what? News sources lie.

That is why I did not have news sources.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Okay, I cant tell if that was sarcasm or not.
But I have made up my mind that I will not be having children anytime soon. Or at all, depends. But, I can imagine it must be the most difficult thing in the world. Only when I am complete as a person can I even begin to think about having children. Not to mention the financial aspect. I have friends that have tried and were successful in having children in their early 20's- despite their financial insecurity. Bad for them, and the children. I don't know where their heads are at... Especially in this day and age, it is something that should be heavily considered.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Catwhoknows, why ignore my posts? Am I not being fair and within my rights as an ATS member to ask you for an explanation of what it is you mean? In the interests of maintaining a level of decorum on this board, if anything, surely you could at least give us the decency of a response?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BAZ752

You probably will not get a response because its quite clear the OP has not figured out what his/hers thread is actually about page two and still all fuzzy

We know its a message to young people not about sexuality but a couple of posts later it is about sexuality like i say the rest is fuzzy.

We keep asking but the response is not clearing the fuzziness.

Thankyou

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

I beg for sense in some people, I really do. What's irritating here though, is that [I'd like to think] we're not being aggressive by approaching the OP on this.

How can I possibly take the OP seriously now? I can't. I'd love to and I'm sure there'll be other opportunities to find that out, but on the basis of this thread, I'm inclined to think the OP needs to put their position clearly or stop writing bollocks (to be brutally honest).

...In the name of denying ignorance- to coin a cliche statement.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by BAZ752

Too true how can you reply to a post that makes no sense i asked in thread two times to OP for a better understanding of what he or she was trying to say.

The OP carried on posting but still no clearer maybe OP will come back with a more understandable post.

I have no problem with OP just like him/her to clear up the issue with the message they are trying to put across.

Thankyou

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Listen, Oz, you may think you are funny but you are not.

The thing about Oz is they are totally crass - sometimes they are funny. But usually they are just crass.

I am not familiar with this "Oz" slang is it a saying they say from were your from the land of OZ?.. And what makes you think I was trying to be funny. If I was trying to be funny I would be like......... " A priest, a rabbi, a nun, a doctor, an engineer and a blond walk into a bar. The bartender says, “Hey, what is this, some kind of a joke?"
............ You see the laughing face indicates that its funny or else how would people know........And no I am not making fun of you, I just think your super cool. And your threads are always intresting.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TasteTheTruth
A message to old people:
The young are confused, distracted and rushed by so many things they dont know what to do.
Parents push you to go through school with loans, you need to pay for car and gas and all of lifes duty on usually an $8.50 wage, plus you try to squeeze in a social life.
They are all just massively pissed off and are probably almost ready to do something about it.
Ask anyone of the younger guys out there and they will tell you.

edit on 10/6/2010 by TasteTheTruth because: (no reason given)

I galadofwarthethird support this message to old people.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

You are young, and you have to work out what you are going to do.

It is a difficult time - everyone your age is having difficulties working out what they want to do.

As for sexuality - a hot topic.

Please do me and yourself a favour - work out what you want to do, and let others work out what they want to do.

And guess what - the sexuality of others has nothing to do with you.

So leave others to work out what they want, as you do.

The issue is - what do you want to do? It has nothing to do with sexuality.

I think she is trying to say judge not least you be judged. concerning your sexuality and not others and there sexuality. So mind your business....I quess..... it is a bit vague.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Hi Cat - I am an old guy but I once faced the ignorance of my older generation.
I only see you have good intentions
Instead of nurturing our young some choose to ridicule - I for one get you and support where you are coming from.
It is a shame and a loss to undermine and imprison our young with obsolete ideas - Good for you at least you have the bottle to speak your truth

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

reply to post by TasteTheTruth

I was trying to help you younger people.

OK, I didn't, obviously.

Has anyone ever told you young people that you seriously piss off your parents?

You young people are a trial and a horrible thing to get through. Realise that, and realise that you have that to face that whole horrible thing yourself.

You must be joking lol

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I am not really sure what the message of your post is.

But I think I fall into the category of "young person" you refer to. I am 23 years old.

I recently went on a life changing trip to my birth country earlier this year.

While on this trip, I acknowledged what my true passion in life is, and am now working toward achieving it.

I have studied the wrong thing for the past 5 years (mostly through stubbornness, and fear of failure and real life).

I was finally able to decide what I wanted to do. So I can relate to your message. Thanks!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Aren't you contradicting yourself - By telling me (26 = "Younger Generation") to "Work out what i want to do", you yourself are messing in others' business, not focusing on your own.

I'll take it you've been hurt in the past.

DM

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join