It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And now for something completly different.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I don't know how many times I've tried to bring up an unusual topic of discussion with friends.. and it just didn't fly. Or been cuddling innocently on the couch with my significant other when an episode of THe Simpsons gets me going on a tangent about blackholes and time warps... and I get that ..wieird look from a loved one.

How about an ATS dating game?
People could apply from an official questionare.. listing pertinant info, likes, dislikes, what they are seeking etc...

THen every month we pick one Person and three pontial dates. THe person comes up with X questions they want to ask of the dates.(approved by someone) ... and it is played out on the forum.

I would suggest that this not only be a same sex game

A sample application might be:
A lawful statement as to age(18+), intent and rights.. I might be able to get this done by a lawyer. As well as submitting some sort of proof of age.

NAME
SEXUAL PREFERANCE
TYPE OF RELATIONSHIP: LOCAL / LONG DISTANCE ..both

Favorite Forums
Self promoting blurb
Hobbies

any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Oh dear god no kthxbai.

really, why?

[Edited on 25-6-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Sounds okay....

But...if its just played out on the forums why would they have to be 18+??

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
If you will please direct your attention to exhibit A

.. I might be able to get this done by a lawyer

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Well it would be played out on the forums but if the two decided to meet and one was of improper age or a known sex offender.. it could have legal ramifications.

Basicaly the legal document would have to touch on things like...

ATS PROTECTION
Statement of and Proof of legal age
Intent(no police record of sex crimes)
Waiver dismissing ATS of all responsibility of negative affects on participants.

PARTICIPAINT PROTECTION
ATS will not reveal or sell person information unless requested by a legal authority in the process of an investigation. Basicaly meaning all info gained in the application process and proof of age is TOP SECRET

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Well I'd imagine the admin here would be thinking WTFYO but then again I'm not the one to say that. G'luck with yer game, it could be hilarious to watch from the sidelines.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   
If anything related to this game happened it hsould be kept strictly online and for fun...not as for dating but for someone like you to be friends with and stuff...alot less legal remifications.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I much prefer the likes of the man/wife thread on bts. Its entertaining for us all, a bit of fun & has no need for a lawyer.

I'm sure we can all find other sites if we are desperate to link up with a partner.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Ahhh....the manwife threads...LMFAO!!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
i haven't seen that thread you have a link...

and yea there are dating sites out there for sure...
but they are not dating games

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Here's the link for manwife.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Its page 1 only and to read the other pages you need to change to last number in the link.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 06:21 AM
link   
First: We will not collection personal information of our members unless tied to an event like the rings contest where delivery of something is required. Second: There are dozens of hook-up sites that already do this much better than we ever could. Third: While fun and possibly entertaining, this idea would 'cheapen' the concept of what makes ATS the site it is. We are hear to learn, not get hot chicks.

new topics

top topics

join