It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House: System worked against bomber

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

The White House touted the life sentence imposed on Times Square bomber Faisal Shahzad on Tuesday as evidence that the criminal justice system is capable of meting out swift and severe punishment in terrorism cases, notwithstanding Republican complaints that the military and the CIA are better suited to interrogating alleged terrorists. "We are pleased that this terrorist has been sentenced to spend the rest of his life in prison, after providing substantial intelligence to our interrogators, and a speedy civilian trial," White House spokesman Nick Shapiro said. "We tried the case in a civilian court, we were able to use everything that he said and everything that we uncovered for intelligence collection purposes. His trial served no propaganda purpose for al Qaeda, and only underscored the strength of our justice system," Shapiro added. "The case shows once again how our values and the rule of law can keep us safe against those determined to do us harm on behalf of terrorist organizations overseas." Some Republicans, however, believe investigators and prosecutors got lucky.

Source: www.post-gazette.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Times Square Plotter gets life term

A Pakistani-born U.S. citizen who tried to detonate a crudely made car bomb in Times Square earlier this year was sentenced to life imprisonment on Tuesday as he vowed that there would be more attacks against America. "Brace yourselves, the war with Muslims has just begun," 31-year old Faisal Shahzad told a federal judge. "Consider me the first droplet of the flood that will follow." He said the defeat of the U.S. is "imminent and will happen in the near future." Mr. Shahzad, 31 years old, is one of a number of home-grown U.S. terrorists who have surfaced over the past two years in a growing challenge for law-enforcement officials. In June, he pleaded guilty to a 10-count indictment, including charges of conspiracy to use a weapon of mass destruction and attempting an act of terrorism.

A courtroom sketch of Faisal Shahzad at his sentencing on Tuesday.

I believe Faisal Shahzad was just a mere CIA terrorist asset who didn't pay enough attention at bomb making classes.

I mean, his bomb was so crudely made: propane gas tanks wired to a child's alarm clock.

Although no one was killed, I also believed that his bomb was deliberately made to not explode in order to intimidate the American public to support the establishment's fascist police state, you know, give up your rights for more security against these manufactured terrorists, when in fact, you're giving up your rights for tyranny.

new topics

join