It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost free heat furnace ..This is the nutz

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
What is the cheapest way to keep your home warm? My vote is for this little beauty from Ozzrit in Australia. I would love to have one of these all set up right about now ! It burns used motor oil , used fryer oil, used transmission fluid, basically any type of waste oil is the cheapest fuel available. There is a 200 gallon hopper behind every restaurant full of free heat! Check out the other videos in his profile describing the design of this really smart construction. I personaly like used oil dripping on wood, but this needs nothing but oil. Looks super warm too. Bundle up for a long winter.
DWT

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

Nice Post. I think every person should have one. hell the people in canada could benifit from it.

I wonder what the eskimo would think of one in his igloo LOL

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasoutlaw

Nice Post. I think every person should have one. hell the people in canada could benifit from it.

I wonder what the eskimo would think of one in his igloo LOL
Interestingly enough, the Inuit (eskimos) do burn seal oil for heat in their igloos. They use a stone heater called a kudlik.

Check page 331 on this link:

Link

It is interesting, and has some value in cold weather survival.

The turk burner is another waste oil heater that is easy to make, but requires a blower.
Check it out here:
link
edit on 7-10-2010 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

hate to burst your bubble,but its not "free".they sell it to recycling companies,so its theft,unless you have permission

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I always got my chip oil for free cause they have to pay to get rid of it.
I'm gunna check the vid out later looks like a pretty good idea.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by blkcwbyhat

Free in a SHTF survival scenario though.....

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Solar is the only true "free" fuel.Wood won't grow as fast as will be needed,you need cow's to burn cow chips,and a garden to make basic veggie oil,or animal fat.Solar is the only easy method,even without the advanced solar cell's or batteries.I'm currently working on a dirt cheap system for water,heat,AND electricity,using cheap available means already on the market.Storage is the biggest drawback today.

top topics

join