It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BAD OMEN? Presidential seal falls off podium as Obama says "We cannot sustain..."

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Hello, TrueAmerican. I found your thread after checking the WATS list. Good idea by the ATS brass to establish it and good to see you on it. I don't always agree with your opinions but always enjoy reading them.

Okay, on to the main subject: I caught this report on the news over here in Central Europe (which is interesting in itself really, that it got air time and print space) and like you, I wondered about it. I am not a great believer in "coincidence" (in the sense of apparently randomly-connected events), so it led me to wonder if it was some kind of omen or warning. True, down through the ages it has been common for people to take certain events as being "omens" or warnings of some kind; interpreting their import depends on individual perspective, of course, but all the same it sure makes life a bit more interesting.

Simply put, either it meant nothing, or it meant something. If the former is true then that's the end of the matter, but if the latter is the case, then what does this mean for your President's (and your nation's) future? On the surface it doesn't appear positive, but there's also the angle that "everything bad is for something good", so maybe this "warning" -- if that's what it was -- could be beneficial in the long run. Sometimes a little warning can go a long way.

I hope some of the above makes a modicum of sense. Had some serious work done on a molar today and it's still a tad distracting.

Regards,

Mike

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Btw, star to the first person to find my real old thread and post it.

I forgot to include my response to this...

I could be wrong, but did you mean your Instantaneous Synchronicity: Proof of God? thread that you started on 12/11/04?

edit on 7/10/10 by JustMike because: Added the bit I missed.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
Simply put, either it meant nothing, or it meant something. If the former is true then that's the end of the matter, but if the latter is the case, then what does this mean for your President's (and your nation's) future? On the surface it doesn't appear positive, but there's also the angle that "everything bad is for something good", so maybe this "warning" -- if that's what it was -- could be beneficial in the long run. Sometimes a little warning can go a long way.

Oh, I have no doubt in my mind it meant SOMETHING. But just what that is none of us can really say.

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Btw, star to the first person to find my real old thread and post it.

I forgot to include my response to this...

I could be wrong, but did you mean your Instantaneous Synchronicity: Proof of God? thread that you started on 12/11/04?

And that's the reason I wanted a few to see that thread. I gave you your star, but that used to be a very hard thread to find. It would not respond at all to an ATS search on "synchronicity." Apparently now though, you can just go to a member's profile, hit "threads" and then sort by oldest to newest. And it now lists ALL of your threads. THAT IS BRAND NEW. It used to only list your last 250 threads, so the others were inaccessible.

In that very thread I came to the conclusion that:
1) Something is making synchronicities happen
2) Trying to attach any meaning AT ALL to them can be literally dangerous.
edit on Thu Oct 7th 2010 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I also believe that it meant something, but as I said, interpretation is a matter of perspective. Overall, I'd agree with you: there is no way to be certain exactly what it meant. So I'd have to say I agree with you vis-a vis the potential dangers involved in assigning any specific omen-based interpretation to such events.

Regarding finding your old thread: yes, I'd always found it frustrating that under the old ATS format only a limited number of a member's thread or posts were listed. I also was unaware that things have now changed in that respect, so I searched under "synchronicity" linked to your user name and there it was. Just having the ability to now specify a user name makes a huge difference, so it's more kudos to our "Above" management for upgrading the search facility and the thread/post listings.

Best regards,

Mike

<< 1   >>

join