It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beheading Stories Unraveling, U.S. Propaganda Ops Exposed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Well, I'm pleased to see that no one was able to come up with any objections to the article that should be taken seriously. The index at STA shows views over 11,000 in less than a full day, so I guess word of it is getting around.

I am always suspicious of posters who's main thrust is to tell other members "you mustn't go there." I think they reveal more about their own motivations than about the object of discussion. Don't you?

- Strider

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
NO, I think maybe your taste of reality in this thread, was "Bad Medicine"

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Sorry, sciath, we posted at the same time.

No, the reversed message is not deliberate. Like anyone else under stress, the man speaking in the video is providing an unconscious commentary on himself and his situation. It is backwards because it comes from the right brain hemisphere, rather than the left which controls conscious speach. Reversals are in the language that the speaker normally "thinks in". There are exceptions, but they are extremely rare.

Any reverse speech practitioner, upon listening to a few minutes of these reversals, would tell you that the fact that this man is a native english speaker is an absolute certainty.

There is no way to fake reverse speech. It is possbile to mechanically add sound to a recording that would make sense when played backward, but it would also be audible when played forward, and you would notice the strangeness right away. Only the human brain has the ability to blend backwards and forwards speech together in a way that is otherwise undetectable.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jalengrma
So what would be the purpose of our side doing the be-headings? To justify our stay in Iraq? It seems like that would do the opposite. Just another conspiracy theory.

Well, if we are theorizing WHY such tactics would be used by our own side, I can think of a few that are pretty much S.O.P when it comes to War Time Propaganda.

1.) It displays the Enemy (in this case those who are chopping off heads) as monsters rather than human beings who are so evil they need to killed at all costs.

2.) It justifies any of the illegal or horrific things which either our military or our allies military do during the war. Even killing innocent Iraqi's since it makes the killing of the terrorists more important.

3.) It rallies people behind the war by making them angry and wanting justice for the be-headings. War is what the War Pigs want, as well as those who profit off of war like the companies who are making the war machines.

As you see, it is very easy to see why those in charge might stage such a thing. In fact the CIA has been known to do just that many times in the past, and I doubt things have changed all that much.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Thanks, mOjOm.

Yes that's logical. I've also been wondering about longer term plans. I know this handover of sovereignty that everyone puts in quotes is coming sooner than originally desired. There is sure to be mounting pressure to bring everyone home. On the other hand, a situation that seems out of control would make it seem like it was more responsible to stay in country.

That might fit with theories that say we have more than Iraq in mind. Spy stuff gets so devious though...

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I wanted to restate my offer to Crayon in case he checks this thread again, that both original and working audio files can be made available to him.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I agree fully with mOjOm.
They have used those tactics in the past and they will continue to in the future.

I personally don't believe in the reverse speech, but it is interesting.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duke_Nukem
First off you would have to show that there was any validity to reverse speech. The sounds or "words" heard say more about the person listening than the person that is talking. This does not expose anything other than the desire to hear something that is not really there.

Reverse speech works buddy. I've given it a try, and aren't one to believe these things unless there is actual proof. What i heard were actual words coming out my mouth, though these were played backwards which turned into other actual words clearly heard. Revrse speech does work.

LL1

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I guess it's a myth too, alllllllllllllllllllllllllll those body bags coming into Dover, AFB. Is it a myhth also the heart broken families going to Dover to retrieve their loved ones?
Did you see 60 Minutes around the time of the very beginning (1/03) of the war in Iraq. Well, from allllllllll over the Middle East they were taking buses, cars, even walking to go to Iraq. Why? As the travelers put it for the war on the "infidels".
Come on!

Q

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Well, I wouldn't really say that there is a big focus saying "oh no, don't go to that site!". Rather, take what you see there with a grain of salt. STA is certainly an entertaining site, but I give it little more significance than the supermarket tabloids I mentioned.

Actually, the only real backmasking I ever encountered was on an old ELO (that's Electric Light Orchestra, for all you young whippersnappers!) album. ("A New World's Record", perhaps?). There were 2 spots on the album that were blatantly obvious. One was someone singing "Past the muddy waterfall..." several times. (A reference to a song on the album named "Waterfall" maybe?). Another song backmasked said, and I kid you not here, "The music is reversible, but time...???". We all got a real kick out of that.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I listened to the clips and heard nothing intelligible at all.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken

Its good to have an open mind, but no so open your brains fall out....

hahaha, I almost wet myself. good one netchicken. I listened to all that crap & it is just that, crap!

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm

Well, if we are theorizing WHY such tactics would be used by our own side, I can think of a few that are pretty much S.O.P when it comes to War Time Propaganda.

1.) It displays the Enemy (in this case those who are chopping off heads) as monsters rather than human beings who are so evil they need to killed at all costs.

2.) It justifies any of the illegal or horrific things which either our military or our allies military do during the war. Even killing innocent Iraqi's since it makes the killing of the terrorists more important.

3.) It rallies people behind the war by making them angry and wanting justice for the be-headings. War is what the War Pigs want, as well as those who profit off of war like the companies who are making the war machines.

mOjOm is absolutely, dead-on correct. Do not be fooled by this abominable psy/op. This administration will go to any length and any extreme to hold on to their power. It's got their bloody fingerprints all over it.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
NEWSFLASH!!!

In a recent, shocking discovery, scientists have determined that "Evil" existed before the entity known as the "U.S." was created. The implications of this are earthshattering. One scientist explains, "Basically it means that the "U.S. Goverment" is not the only being with the ability to commit acts comonly referred to as "Evil". Other being have this ability too, and commit these acts on a regular basis."
The notion of the "U.S." not being responsible for every bad thing that happens is something that many people will have a hard time understanding.

In a related story, researchers in Tokyo claim to have proof that the creatures known as "Arabs" have the means of learning, and even (gasp!) SPEAKING the language known commonly as "English". Many of these "Arabs" have also traveled to "English" speaking countries and developed the ability to speak these languages with the accent of that region! Also, with the mediums of Music, television, and film of these countries being seen and heard all over the world, many people do not even have to travel to learn the language and speak it with the appropriate accent.

Scientists are still studying findings stating that these "Arabs" could have the ability and means of commiting acts known around the world as "Beheadings".

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The truth burns, doesn't it. Turn a blinde eye to the evil of this ONE PARTICULAR subject if you want. It won't change anything.

Who gains from the beheadings? This administration does, period. Besides, true Muslims would not be a party to this madness. Their religion forbids it. Unaware of that little fact? Or are you an agent of disinfo?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Or are you just spewing your disgusting rhetoric again?

I've got to admit, I'm glad that you aren't one of my fellow countrymen. The accusations that you make against your own kind without any proof are stomach churning.

You show a blind ignorance to history and fact when it suits you and only use the truth if it suits your own agenda. True Muslims wouldn't carry out this type of attack - true. But whoever said that these are true Muslims? Don't you even bother looking around the world and seeing the atrocities that have been carried out in the name of Islam?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I won't rule this out, but I'm pretty damn skeptical. You should've posted higher quality feeds, uncompressed if possible. Even a 8KHz or 11KHz reversed sample would have been better than WMA or MP3. At least, that way, it could be re-reversed by the listeners so that it could be shown that the audio matched the original forward sample. The psychoacoustic compression used by all the popular codecs (MP3/WMA/etc.) removes info that would allow re-reversing without getting complete garbage.

I listened to the samples, and couldn't hear anything intelligible. The quality is too low. I'm calling BS for now, and the post seems like a half-assed hoax as it is.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
EastCoastKid, a question....you dont believe "true muslims" would participate in the beheadings. Do you believe the stories of the atrocities committed in Iraq through the Saddam years? The torture, rape and murder of political prisoners, the genocide against the Kurds, the violent annexation of Kuwait?
What about the people who carried out these actions for Saddam? Were they "true muslims"?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
There is absolutely no proof speech reversal works...
There are a few cases where, after a lot of editing, words may be 'heard' from reversed tapes (the speech reversal website shows some examples) but unless this works in any given situation, and indeed, every given situation, There is no way I'm going to believe it. If it's sold as a 'law' (e.g. laws of physics) then it must work in every situation.
And to use logic, if yuo honestly think that when I say 'Oh God' in varying situations, they can make REALLY different works e.g. 'I am a liar' or 'I am guilty' then you must be insane, the only change between these situations is pitch of the voice, depending on how desperate the situation is.
Speech reversal is fun, but bunk.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
The truth burns, doesn't it. Turn a blinde eye to the evil of this ONE PARTICULAR subject if you want. It won't change anything.

Who gains from the beheadings? This administration does, period. Besides, true Muslims would not be a party to this madness. Their religion forbids it. Unaware of that little fact? Or are you an agent of disinfo?

Ever heard of the Ten Commandments? one of them says that "Thou shalt not kill". This is a cornerstone of Jewish and Christian belief. I could be wrong, but I believe some Jews and Christians have committed murder before. Just because someones religion forbids something, doesn't mean the followers can't break that law.

But wait a minute, If their religion forbids killing; then that would mean they weren't REALLY Jews and Christians, wouldn't it? And since U.S. law holds killing to be a crime, those aren't really American soldiers over there, are they?

And following that logic, you can't hold Bush responsible for Iraq. Because 1. He is a Christian ( Christian law forbids killing)
2. He is a U.S. Citizen(U.S. law forbids killing)

The "their religion forbids beheadings so it couldn't have been true Muslims" aurgument is just plain weak. Some things are exactly what they look like. Not everything is a vast Gov. conspiracy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join