It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird goings on at old folks home

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
awesome stuff. please do keep us posted. glad to see that this thread being revisited. Lookin forward to the updates

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
never worked with a group of more than 5 EMI when one of them wasnt looking at, searching for, or talking to children and babies.

Its the norm for dementia esp alkziemers.

Have much experience in this field, OP did mental Health Nursing.

To be honest the qualified should have mentioned this to you as part of her behaviour for mrs b before she passed on handovers and also as part of her care pathway or plan.

Though knowing the field I doubt if you were ever given a full care path way or plan?

the non qualified do all the work, spend all the time with the patients,

but are not given the training or information needed to properly show respect and to care properly for their clients.

Qualified sat in office, meds and calls doctor does paperwork?

Would be norm.

Kind Regards,

Elf
edit on 16-9-2011 by MischeviousElf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I wonder how many of these old patients are NOT on any kind of drugs?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I can confidently say 0

at most unfortunately

Kind regards,

Elf

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
DOLLS! When I first saw the suggestion I thought it might provoke the patient; but, check out these two links. There are oodles of links on doll therepy for dementia patients (female) in geriatric homes.

Also, it is inferred that one of dementia's symptoms is withdrawal so when they refuse to come out of their room, it's a part of the disease.

www.cafemom.com...

ezinearticles.com...

I learned something new today, thank you.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I suppose we could put the phenomenon down to drugs or the effects of dementia and close the thread.

But if there is any case elsewhere that does not involve drugs or the person does not have dementia but still sees babies, then that would shoot your theories down.

Thats why I think the thread should stay open.

I can't honestly say what drugs all these ladies are or were on. I'm sure they were taking something, but I don't think they were on mind drugs. Most older people take something or other for either pain, or bowel conditions, or maybe for conditions like parkinsons or diabetes. I don't think any of these would have anything to do with seeing babies or other people.

The point here is that these ladies are all very old, 80 something. They didn't mention babies at all until suddenly they started talking about them and then a few weeks later they died.

Any drugs they were on they had been taking for years beforhand with no mention of babies. If somebody got say cancer and was put on special drugs associated with that condition and then started seeing things then I would understand that the drugs or the condition might have something to do with it. But thats not what has happened here.

They all suffered from demenentia, alzhimers or similar, but again they have had these conditions for many years.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
this could be a big coicidence and down to the dimentia, however the fact that the stories tally up are strange to say the least. Its not uncommon for a certain room or area to give people the same or simular dream. I have actually experinced this during an investigation where we slept there the night.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

I think you should ask them some details about this baby such as does it have hair? If so, what colour? What is it wearing etc.

See if the descriptions match.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
My mother, a blind Cherokee woman....said she awoke once to "see" 2 woman standing over her in bad holding this baby.....and didnt know who they were, or what they were doing there....and couldnt have "seen" them being blind...but she swore she did

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I don't see what is so hard to understand. The facts seem to point to a baby, in spirit, that is for some reason connected to/invested in that particular location. If these patients are for the most part isolated from regular communication due to their condition, perhaps it is a thing of comfort to them to have this presence with them. Perhaps it is merely a question of the child seeking comfort. The idea that the child has been unable to crossover and requires assistance is a serious matter. If anything, I wonder at the difficulty of facilitating such a thing when the subject is an infant. Does anyone know of a credible medium that might shed some light on this situation from a distance? Now that would be interesting...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
It's been a while since I commented on this topic. About 6 months ago I told you about a third lady who started seeing a baby in her room at the Care Home. I was waiting to see if she died shortly after.

Well I have to report that she did die. She died about 3 or 4 months ago, but I only found out about that today.

The reason for that is she became so unwell that she was moved out of the Care Home where I work to a hospital, and I lost touch with her progress. But today at work I was speaking to somebody about some other people who have passed away and I asked about this lady to be told she had passed away.

So that was 3 in a row, ladies who all of a sudden started seeing babies in their rooms and then quite soon after passed away.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. D
reply to post by bigyin

Interesting, have you tried taking her a doll? You know like the ones children use that can be fed and played with just to see what she does? Place it on her bed without her knowing and if she mentions it , place it in her arms. That may dispell whatever she is seeing in her bed. (just a thought).

These are people you are "experimenting" with.

People should not be supporting potential hallucinations of infirm elderly people because they are intrigued by something. What makes you think this is acceptable?

OP - I would suggest you take everything with a pinch of salt, others you ask about this could just be exaggerating or simply lying. How do you know about the burial ground? Have you researched this yourself or just been told (it seems everywhere something strange happens is supposedly built on a burial ground - this is a common aspect of urban legends when it comes to hauntings).

Have you tried talking to her family about this?

Also, have all of these women had children?
You could have just stumbled on an exhibit of mental recall in dementia sufferers. Women often sleep with their newborn babies in their beds, it's not uncommon and there are mechanisms in place to prevent a mother from rolling over in her sleep when she has had a child.
These women might be experiencing flashbacks to when they had their children.

Above all, you should not be freaking old ladies out with scary dolls just to experiment with little things you find interesting. They are not lab rats for you to toy with, they are people, and you of all people should understand that!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Hmmm .... could you calm down please. Nobody has experimented with these people. I have not taken dolls or anything else .... where did I say I had ?

I have no intention of doing that. As for the reports of the babies well I have heard the ladies speaking about them myself as have other staff who work there. We are all professional carers who have noticed the behaviour and reported it. I have written about it here to find out if it has occurred elsewhere. I have not mentioned any names or places as that would be unprofessional.

Regarding the burial ground, no I have not researched that, I am going on what others have told me. I did search on google to see if anything came up but it didn't. I don't really know where I could find out such a thing other than to ask some local elders. I'll do that and let you know what comes of it.

The latest resident we have in the home has actually got a full size baby doll sat in the corner of her room. She has very little else in the room except for this 70 year old, very freaky looking doll. The first time I saw it I jumped out of my skin.

edit on 23-4-2012 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join