It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird goings on at old folks home

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiForce
reply to post by bigyin

I look at it as if these patients have dreams about a baby in the bed. In this case, the baby is the patients themselves. They are returning to their original being as a baby through their deaths. Is a good thing and quite natural. The baby represents the oneness with the original form or being, in the book of the Tao. Next time, ask them how the baby looks like and what the baby was doing? It may help them to cross over....

That's actually a really cool interpretation of the delusion.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I know this might sound silly, but I wonder what would happen if you just put a small teddy bear on her bed. You have avoided the doll scenario but you will have also created something to care for as little children take their teddy bears very seriously. I mean if it is just a gift from you, I cant see where it would be a big deal, and it might be interesting to see what she does with it. Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
A few years back my partner's gran started pointing out a little blond child standing across the road 'waiting'. That was spooky. She was concerned the child would walk into the busy road and get knocked down. This went on for weeks. She eventually got ill and died in hospital, aged 92.

We did find out there were two children who had been knocked down on that same road, years before. One lived in the house across the road, the other just along a bit. Separate incidents. I've no idea if there's any connection, or even if they were blonde.

When my mum was dying my sister was sitting with her one afternoon and my mum suddenly jumped and said to someone over her shoulder, "GOD, what a bloody fright you gave me". My sis got a fright at that because there was nobody there.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
People with alzeimers and dementia actually do see spirits more vividly than others. I used to care for an elderly woman who would speak of such things, and I could see them aswell and I knew she wasnt delusional.

Either

A. The baby is a ghost, from the burial ground (maybe demonic?) babies are rarely left as earthbound but demons take forms of babies often
or
B. The baby is a transitional spirit who appears before these patients before they die and the baby is a good spirit

either way- if Mrs. C dies in the next month, youll have your answer

She died yesterday

R.I.P.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Then I would think the baby appeared to comfort her. Rest in Peace Mrs. C.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
People with alzeimers and dementia actually do see spirits more vividly than others. I used to care for an elderly woman who would speak of such things, and I could see them aswell and I knew she wasnt delusional.

Either

A. The baby is a ghost, from the burial ground (maybe demonic?) babies are rarely left as earthbound but demons take forms of babies often
or
B. The baby is a transitional spirit who appears before these patients before they die and the baby is a good spirit

either way- if Mrs. C dies in the next month, youll have your answer

Ok sounds like possibiliites. I want to offer another suggestion. Let me first explain that I support a woman's right to choose an abortion. However the spiritual considerations must be considered.

Did any of these ladies ever have an abortion or miscarriage?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

I've worked in nursing homes for years. Keep tuned in to what the patients tell you and you will be amazed at what you will learn. There is much more to this than people think and it is not medication which causes it.

In the last nursing home I worked in... it was a little boy nearly all the residents saw. They would always be excited by him, revive on new energy after seeing him and worry about him getting into trouble or something because he was so mischievous and getting into everything. He was bad, but very good for them!

Many residents saw floating heads. Many talked with entities invisible to the staff. Upon dying... many conversed with family members that had passed on... their roomates would even see these invisible entities.

I have learned so much working nightshift closely with those about to cross over! I accept it very easily now and no longer dismiss things as "medication", "senility", "dementia", etc..

The fact that you've added this up and even posted about it on the internet shows how unique and caring you are. You will do just fine! Please do not let it frighten you... eventually you will learn the secrets some of us do. I want to write a book about it to attempt to open peoples eyes, but not sure I'll ever find the time. People would truly be shocked if they realized all that is going on around us that we cannot see. I was frightened at times when first confronted with hostile entities at work... but even got over that. Or... if you find it too overwhelming... you can just dismiss it as medication or dementia.

Let those who have eyes see, and those who have ears hear!
edit on 12/30/2010 by dreams n chains because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
When I first started reading your posts, I thought it had more to do with near death than dementia, almost like a spirit guide or something, then you posted that she just passed away. Do they only start talking about the child shortly before death? It reminds me of the cat who lived at the nursing home and could 'predict' deaths. Very interesting.
Cat predicts deaths at RI nursing home

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I don't know if this lady ever had an abortion or miscarriage. Given that she was in her 80's it would be very unusal in her day to have an abortion ....... I think.

The interesting thing here is that about 6 months ago there was another lady in the next room to this lady, and that lady used to speak of and to a baby or child. She would talk about it being in her bed. She wasn't frieghtened by it, just seemed to accept it.

That lady died and it was soon after that this lady I was talking about started to do the same. The lady actually died in hospital, she went there about 2 or 3 weeks ago, but up to that point if you went into her room she would be having full conversations with all sorts of people in her room.

We (the staff) put it down to confusion, demantia, hallucination.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Interesting.

I too work with the elderly and what I've seen (which has NOT been explained to me is) at certain retirement, assistant and independent living facilities, there is usually a common room. A room is a hub for recreation and to just, visit with others.
I noticed in more than a half a dozen of these establishments that this 'common-recreation' room has dolls, clothes, diapers and dressing tables. And not just ONE doll but many.

I asked a resistant orderly about this and of course, he didn't know what to make of it either although he said it was therapeutic.

So I just assume, elderly people, regress. Regress to the point of perhaps going back to the womb (hence: Reincarnation?)

Although to me personally it was upsetting (because after all, how DARE we treat our elders, who lead the path for us all to follow..... as infants)

I still can't figure this out. So this thread is very interesting.
Maybe there's more to it?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I also work as a care giver in a nursing home,that is just a normal thing when a resident is at the end of their time,they are seeing and hearing voices of the people that passed on before them that are calling them home,i have had this happen plenty of times when a resident is dying,it is their love ones calling them

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasmine23
I also work as a care giver in a nursing home,that is just a normal thing when a resident is at the end of their time,they are seeing and hearing voices of the people that passed on before them that are calling them home,i have had this happen plenty of times when a resident is dying,it is their love ones calling them

Yeah...it may be 'normal' (because we are getting used to it) but what does it mean and why does it happen?

I just went through this with my dad. He went into full blown dementia (from an infection). He is 81. He pulled out of it and he remembers every single detail about it.
He was in a very happy and safe place and let it be known. He didn't know the 'real-time' but he was very content in this 'demented' space that may be.............real?
Maybe two or more dimensions cross paths and it takes a empty head (from judgment etc) to embrace it?

I was freaked out because he didn't even know I was in the room. But he was fine in his delusion.

I don't know what it's all about but now, after going through this recently (Dec 3rd) I am relieved to know, it's not as bad as it appears to be from our prospective.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I have a similar story to share.

My uncle was 92 yrs old when he was placed
in a nursing home earlier this yr. He was diagnosed
with dementia as well.

The family would go visit him and one day
he was sitting there in the bed and he looked
at us and asked us if we knew who that young
man was over on the other side of the room.
Well none of us saw who he was talking about.
He then wanted to know if this man was moving
into his room cuz he said he had a bag with him.
He never said this entity talked to him, but he
said he just saw him. And upon subsequent
visits with my uncle he claimed to see him
everyday. My uncle said he just wandered
around the room aimlessly. My uncle passed
away about 2 months ago, but he claimed to see
him up til the day he died.

just wanted to share

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Thanks for sharing.

Makes you wonder what goes on in their heads and what they think about.

A thing that really gets me with old people is they can live in a small apartment with just a few photos to remind them of their past life. Apart from those they don't own anything. They can live like this for anything from a year to 20 or maybe even 30 years.

It's amazing when you think of all the crap and stuff us younger ones use up. We can't go for 5 minutes without getting fed up and need to watch tv, surf the net, text somebody, go to shops and buy stuff and things and gadgets to fiddle about with.

The old folk hardly even watch tv. They can sit all day and do zilch and appear to be reasonably content.

I come home and look at the mountains of stuff I have and wonder when I should start downsizing.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Yes RIP Mrs. C.

Now I have to ask if there were any similarities in their deaths? This is one for the books regardless.

Thanks for sharing, and I somehow knew her time was at hand from reading the first few posts.

You need to contact some paranormal groups to investigate this baby phenomena.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

hmm sounds very interesting, was the building ever used for anything besides an old folks home? possibly a regular hospital with a childrens wing, maybe. or maybe the room is built on the grave of an infant. possibly nothing here but just a thought

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
My paternal grandpa saw a baby at the foot of his bed. Because of his sincere religious background, he thought it was the baby Jesus. He was in his 70s when he passed on. I cannot recall but he may have passed away on or the following day after the appearance of that "spiritual" presence, which may be a sign of a second chance in life for screwing up the current one. Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Hi big,

I truly believe that those in what we call dementia and those close to death are able to sense other presences strongly.

My mother kept talking about a baby she was cuddling.

Maybe these are lost baby souls - lost to abortion, child abuse, war, starvation?

It is a difficult and hurtful subject but something we should look at.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Sorry if this is the wrong thread but I know I read a thread somewhere about elderly patients seeing children and this was the closest thread I could find to recount my experience.

I witnessed a weird experience recently when I was in hospital. I was in the dermatology ward, which often took in patients from other medical wards as they often had spare beds. When I arrived there was an elderly lady who suffered from Parkinsons, she was very frail and would sleep a lot of the time. quite often she would seem to be confused and at other times she was totally lucid, very aware of time, place etc, but she did one particular thing on several occasions that really freaked me out.

She would suddenly start talking to "the children" when myself and another patient would ask her, "What children?" she would point to the middle of the ward and say "those children, there are two of them, they are so beautiful, blonde hair, blue eyes" We would tell her that there were no children there, but she would insist that there were and carry on talking to them, and it really did seem from our perspective that she was having a two way conversation. On Mother's day, her son had brought her in some chocolates, and later in the day she started again, saying to them "come over then and pick what chocolate you want" She was looking right into the middle of the room smiling and I for one felt the hair on the back of my neck stand up! She continued to talk to them, telling them it was ok for them to come and pick a chocolate, then she ended the "conversation" saying "Oh okay I understand that you're not allowed to have a chocolate"

On another occasion she was talking about seeing a cat, she thought it was sitting on the other patient's bed, and asked her about it, saying "Oh what a lovely cat you have" When the patient said, "there is not a cat" She actually laughed and said "I don't know why you cannot see the cat, he's on your bed"

She talked to the "children" on many occasions and saw the cat twice and in all of these cases there was nothing that she could have mistaken for these objects and prior to the events she would always be in a lucid state, talking normally about normal, current things, like realising she would not be able to go back to her own home and would have to go into a nursing home, which she wasn't pleased about as she had been so independent. She was in our ward waiting for a place at a nearby faciltiy.

The day after I was discharged, the other dermatology patient in the ward who I'd become friendly with, txtd me to say the 5 mins after I left the staff came in to get the elderly lady and she was taken to the nursing home, but I'm intrigued to find out if she is still alive as it seemed to be talking about going into the home that brought on the visions. But it was really, really spooky to watch...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I know this is an old thread but I want to tell you that there is now another lady acting the same way.

I only work occasionaly at this care home and a couple of days ago when I attended I was told by the other staff that the lady in room 4, which is at the other end of the the building to the two previous cases, has recently been talking about seeing a baby on her bed. Today I also heard from one of the staff that she got quite freaked out the other day when the old lady called her into the room and asked her what all these people were doing in her room. The staff could see nobody of course but the old lady grabbed her arm and insisted there were people in her room and she was so sure about it the staff became upset and had to leave the room.

When I heard this I immediatly thought about the two previous cases where the old ladies began to talk about babies and they both died soon after. This particular lady does not look like she is about to die. She does suffer dementia and gets confused but physically she is fine although frail.

I'm intrigued to see if she passes away soon. Will let you know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join