It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Devilish" Vision During Meditation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
• Background Info

A few years ago I was truly experiencing inner peace. I had self control of my thoughts, actions, and words. I fasted and meditated very often. With success, I was able to fully relax my mind and body, quiet my thoughts, self-heal, experience random telekinesis, and had out of body experiences.

I had a "fall from grace" two years ago. Lost inner peace and stopped my spiritual training and growth. Started to indulge my ego, lusts, and impulses without regard to the positive morals I had built up in myself.

Enough is enough! Last few months I've been trying to get back where I was spiritually. It has proved to be a difficult journey! Ego is kicking my a#, I am having a hard time not being judgmental, and trying to have self-control of my thoughts, words, and actions is now like trying to tame a wild beast! Tried to fast, but half way through the day hunger defeats me.

• Main Story

Last night I tried to meditate for the first time in ages. My goal was relaxation, chakra training, energy flow, and possibly a bit of self-healing. In the past, this type of meditating was my "specialty."

I always start "working" on my feet and slowly progress the energy flow up my body to my head. Relaxation and energy flow is how I always start.

As I relaxed my body, I began to focus on my feet. When I do this I "see" my body without the aid of my eyes. As I felt the energy start to flow towards my feet, I "saw" in my mind some sort of entity. It seemed to come out of my feet / calf area. Soon all I could see was his face in my mind. I could no longer "see" my body. I felt a small amount of fear so I opened my eyes. I convinced myself it was my imagination and everything was ok. I closed my eyes and tried to start again. The second I focused on energy flow, this thing was taking up all "vision space" in my mind. I tried to push it out of my mind but I couldn't stop "seeing" it right in my face, blocking view and concentration from anything else. When I am saying I "see" this thing, please note it is only in my mind's eye.

The entity was humanoid. He almost looked like the stereotypical portrayal of the devil. His skin was some shade of dark red, he had a goatee type facial hair going on. I can not recall the color of his eyes. He just came into full view of my mind's eye and kept smiling at me. The smile was a sinister one. I can not recall much other details.

I did not watch television prior to meditating, nor read anything that might have influenced this. Anyone care to elaborate? Was I under psychic or astral attack? Was this my imagination? Could this be linked to my spiritual degradation and struggle to be positive and find peace?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
would be a nice halloween story to creep people out but It might not help them sleep.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
• Background Info

A few years ago I was truly experiencing inner peace. I had self control of my thoughts, actions, and words. I fasted and meditated very often. With success, I was able to fully relax my mind and body, quiet my thoughts, self-heal, experience random telekinesis, and had out of body experiences.

I had a "fall from grace" two years ago. Lost inner peace and stopped my spiritual training and growth. Started to indulge my ego, lusts, and impulses without regard to the positive morals I had built up in myself.

Enough is enough! Last few months I've been trying to get back where I was spiritually. It has proved to be a difficult journey! Ego is kicking my a#, I am having a hard time not being judgmental, and trying to have self-control of my thoughts, words, and actions is now like trying to tame a wild beast! Tried to fast, but half way through the day hunger defeats me.

• Main Story

Last night I tried to meditate for the first time in ages. My goal was relaxation, chakra training, energy flow, and possibly a bit of self-healing. In the past, this type of meditating was my "specialty."

I always start "working" on my feet and slowly progress the energy flow up my body to my head. Relaxation and energy flow is how I always start.

As I relaxed my body, I began to focus on my feet. When I do this I "see" my body without the aid of my eyes. As I felt the energy start to flow towards my feet, I "saw" in my mind some sort of entity. It seemed to come out of my feet / calf area. Soon all I could see was his face in my mind. I could no longer "see" my body. I felt a small amount of fear so I opened my eyes. I convinced myself it was my imagination and everything was ok. I closed my eyes and tried to start again. The second I focused on energy flow, this thing was taking up all "vision space" in my mind. I tried to push it out of my mind but I couldn't stop "seeing" it right in my face, blocking view and concentration from anything else. When I am saying I "see" this thing, please note it is only in my mind's eye.

The entity was humanoid. He almost looked like the stereotypical portrayal of the devil. His skin was some shade of dark red, he had a goatee type facial hair going on. I can not recall the color of his eyes. He just came into full view of my mind's eye and kept smiling at me. The smile was a sinister one. I can not recall much other details.

I did not watch television prior to meditating, nor read anything that might have influenced this. Anyone care to elaborate? Was I under psychic or astral attack? Was this my imagination? Could this be linked to my spiritual degradation and struggle to be positive and find peace?

I don't know what to tell you but I am getting scared too reading up all these meditation side effects...
Wait a minutes? It is possible the devil image is your own ego projection? Try to do many selfless acts to tame your ego, in real life. Helping the homeless. Voluntaries for community activities. I think your ego needs a good smack in the face...

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This is interesting. Could you give a religious background of sorts? I am surprised that since your problems were like craving, lust, etc. that it would be portrayed like that. At this point you are sort of past violence and harming others (true evil stuff) and you are on to the finer points of spiritual existence. So I am surprised.

Maybe discussing it will help it to pass on, and maybe you should take it in stride. It is sort of interesting to see that sort of portrayal of evil, and observing it for what it is may make it harmless and be an experience in itself. I don't visualize that powerfully but I could see what you meant by how you "see" your body and all the things you saw in your minds eye.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
You probably don't want to hear this,but Christianity,(the old-fashioned kind!),says that the type of meditation you are doing just opens yourself up to these sorts of things,whether they seem "good" or "bad",it's not something to mess around with.

Very unpopular way to look at things,I know,but I believe it is the truth.

Now,whether you'd want to repent and seek the Lord,...that's something you may want to ask yourself.

No offense intended,I promise. Just something you won't hear too often on this site.

Good luck!

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by platipus

I guess it could be a spook story with a few additions and twists! It frightened me only a little. I slept fine after, but "it" just kept blocking my efforts to meditate.

reply to post by ChiForce

I have no idea what the experience meant. Imaginary or real. I never had a bad experience meditating before. Is the vision a materialization of my ego? I have no idea.

I do selfless things quite often. Not nearly enough to be truly STO (Service to Others), but I do go out of my way for family, friends, and strangers. I relocate bugs from the house to outside instead of killing them. I am kind to animals and nature. I even clear debris from the middle of the road when I encounter it.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
reply to post by platipus

I guess it could be a spook story with a few additions and twists! It frightened me only a little. I slept fine after, but "it" just kept blocking my efforts to meditate.

I have no idea what the experience meant. Imaginary or real. I never had a bad experience meditating before. Is the vision a materialization of my ego? I have no idea.

I do selfless things quite often. Not nearly enough to be truly STO (Service to Others), but I do go out of my way for family, friends, and strangers. I relocate bugs from the house to outside instead of killing them. I am kind to animals and nature. I even clear debris from the middle of the road when I encounter it.

I mean, have you done anything for the well being of the other person while knowingly you will get hurt in the end? Either materially and emotionally.... And you gain no resentments or hatred from your deeds...

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

I don't mind at all! Religious background:

• Raised with Buddhist and Christian morals / ideas since childhood.

• 18 years old became a devout Christian and studied the Bible and Christian history intensely. Wanted to become a preacher.

• Through my studies I discovered Islam. With research, prayer, and an open heart, I became Muslim.

• Seeking, seeking, seeking. Research left me questioning religion in general.

• Studied Universal Law, Oneness, Unity, Metaphysics, and Spirituality.

• Currently not sure what I believe. Mainly just following the shared core principles of most religions and philosophy, i.e., Love, Golden Rule, Karma, etc.

My "fall from grace" was nothing evil. Just more on the lines of letting go of my spirituality, partying, being selfish, materialism, money, no self control of my eating habits, several "lust flings," and always judging people. Not that I make people feel bad or put them down, just negative thoughts.

Most of that has been controlled, just still struggling on being judgmental, and controlling my thoughts and eating. I'm not an obese glut, I am actually quite in shape. I just mean I can't control my stomach by fasting like I use to.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Thank you for weighing in. I don't mind an "old school" Christian point of view. I have put theological debates behind me. As far as I'm concerned, the message is the important part, not what book it came from.

Do you mind elaborating how meditation is negative in Christianity? I never came to that conclusion in my Biblical studies, so I'd enjoy to see where you're coming from.

Personally, I can't see how focusing on my inner self and my body can "summon" demons. I say this because prayer is a form of meditation, in my opinion.

Yes. One example; The economy sucks right now. I've been giving my father more money from my paychecks than I keep for myself. Expecting nothing in return.

I don't want to sit here and relate many personal details, but I've been trying to use the Golden Rule in all that I do.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I have had a similar experience. I was in the forest alone on a hot sunny day, and was feeling pretty nice. So I decided to lie down and close my eyes and stare into the blackness. It reminded me of the old StarTrek Enterprise front view screen. Going deeper and deeper into space.

Then came the faces! There were one right after the other, and very evil. For a few seconds it scared me, and I opened my eyes. Everything was fine, so I went back to the visions, and had no fear at all. I dared them to hurt me, and they got progressively scarier in a way, but I laughed at them. I observed, and laughed for quite a while, and became bored with it.

Then I had a new mission…..Where did my clothes go?? I must find them….

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Weird that I see this post, I had a horrible dream about the devil a few nights ago....too personal to post here but lets just say it's not the first time. I think he's been let loose on the world and busy trying to drive people insane so he can TRY to claim their souls. Just remember, he has no true power over our souls, only that which we allow him to have. Take away his claim and he has nothing to bargain with. Once you realize that, prepare to be attacked more and more......

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

I met the same thing.

Have you had any other things attacking you more in other ways? For instance...

Have you noticed any people in your life changing the way they think about you, or, any other experiences you can relate to other types of influence...

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This happens to me frequently, although I dont come across the demons as much as I used too.

Basically- when you meditate your energy vibration increases. Thus you become brighter in the spirit world (think of a light house) and you attract spirits towards you. Even without you intending it. All sorts of things will become interested when they notice a bright light around in thier grey darkness of the earthbound void.

Demons and Angels alike traverse the earthbound plane and come and go with the wind. Sometimes, if you are having spiritual problems/issues the devil can be at work. While I was raised catholic, I am not christian anymore and I assure you that angels and demons exist whether we believe in religion or not. Demons can attach themselves to you and create havoc and trauma in your life to watch you fail time and time again. I faced this in my early 20's.

I would not immediatly be concerned, although I would be startled, upon seeing a demon. Demons do look like what you described.

If you feel the need and want to protect yourself before meditation, protect yourself with a circle of light and ask for the archangels protection. They will protect you as you increase your inner light and help to ward off evil.

Should you have any more questions, please feel free to U2U me.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by meteoritics

I wouldn't dare to challenge the thing I saw. To be honest, I just felt as if this thing didn't want me to do anything positive. I almost felt like his smile was a challenge to me! Almost as if he was taunting me by occupying my entire mind's eye so that I could not concentrate. I've seen ghosts before, but this thing was different.

I have no idea how to help you with your clothing issue

reply to post by Mr. D

I always assumed the "devil" (Lucifer, Satan, Shaytan, Iblis) to be incredibly beautiful. Scripture always talks about the beauty of the angels and Lucifer was an archangel. I've never read anywhere that Lucifer under went any transformation that caused him to become ugly, hideous, or monstrous.

Originally posted by Mr. D
reply to post by Sahabi

he has no true power over our souls, only that which we allow him to have. Take away his claim and he has nothing to bargain with. Once you realize that, prepare to be attacked more and more......

I believe this. I am under the belief that Lucifer and his helpers (if they do exist) do not control us. They simply create situations of choice and try to "talk" us into making the wrong decision. All the while it is only us that are responsible for our actions. As Hidden Hand described, Lucifer merely acts as the catalyst for Free Will choice between good and evil. No, I don't not "follow / obey" Hidden Hand, I just enjoy the way he articulated certain points. ^_^

Islam teaches the more you strive for righteousness in the name of God, the more Lucifer and his helpers whisper to you to try to throw you off the straight and narrow. I don't recall this idea being so to-the-point in the Bible. So I guess if I strive, I will be attacked

edit on 10/5/10 by Sahabi because: Elaborate more

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Hello onequestion. Besides this one "attack" (experience) that occurred last night, I have never experienced such a direct vision. Real people or unseen entities... nothing comes to mind of being attacked or influenced. Up until last night the battle was only in my mind against myself.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Hello. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

So you believe my experience to be true (not imaginary), and to have experienced a demon? In your opinion / experience, what is a demon? Is it a fallen angel? Is it a jinn as described in Islam? Is it something else?

Your explanation of vibration and light attracting entities made sense. However, if this was a demon, was it simply curious? Why do you think it occupied my entire mind's eye? Do they feed off energy? Was he trying to eat my vibrations or something?

Also, any idea why it seemed to manifest from my feet/legs? Because of this, I started to get freaked out, thinking he was already inside of me. Almost like my spiritual down fall was his doing because he was inside of me, like I was possessed. When this thought occurred, a loud clamor filled my hearing (I forgot to state this in my OP). However, I couldn't make out what was being said. Almost like being under water at a pool and hearing all the people on the deck. Was this thing inside me or did it simply manifest at my feet? I don't believe in blaming my bad deeds on the "devil," just weird when the fear of being possessed entered my mind all the clamor started.

In your opinion / experience, what should I do if a similar event occurs? Is it safe to communicate with such entities?

Really just looking for all sorts of feed back cuz this event left me puzzled, afraid, and hesitant to meditate.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

...random telekinesis, and had out of body experiences...chakra training,..."

Not exactly Christian doctrine,that's what I meant. Not the same as Psalm 119:97,for instance.
"O how love I thy law! it [is] my meditation all the day."

I don't know how you see it when you're doing those things,I don't know what's in your heart. Only you can tell if you think you are playing with fire,based on your level of discernment.

Your experience seems to indicate that maybe something was channeled through you by making yourself a willing portal. Be careful if you leave a void,because it will be filled!

Just a quick reference,for reference's sake!

...Meditation has been a fundamental component of the practice of modern occultism, ever since 19th century Theosophy embraced Eastern mysticism.
... Crowley was the first western occultist to seriously synthesize Eastern meditation techniques with Western magic. Since Crowley's time, most western occultists learn and practice some style .

www.examiner.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

I mean it in more subtle ways..... such as someone else not understanding why they are being negative towards other then just to do it. Mybe other oddities in your everyday life they typically seemingly go unnoticed to the untrained eye.

Subtle... Identity attacks, attacks on your confidence, things like this....

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

If you noticed, I said he has no true power over our souls, the body however is a different story. We are finger puppets to them. They can and do make Humans do things as long as we are not fully aware that those things are going on. It is much, much worse when technology is involved! There is a saying that goes something like
"all advanced technology seems like magic to those who have never seen it before" I can't remember who said that. Which make sense if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I agree with the notion that the devilish entity is a projection of your ego.

You mentioned seeing in your minds eye your body. Not physically looking at it but feeling the flow of energy. Perhaps your mind is subconsciously trying to help you by giving your minds eye a means of representing that which has been blocking your spiritual enlightenment. Do not fear this devil it is simply a hurdle you must overcome to continue your growth.
edit on 5-10-2010 by jacktherer because: added a letter "t"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join