It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something odd filmed on mars?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Hello people,had to share this with you,its a very interesting video of a shadow?on mars recorded by rover spirit,not sure who made the video but doesnt look like cgi or and kind of fakery to me.As for what do i think the shadow is-im unsure on that but is very interesting let me know what you think.

Link-www.liveleak.com...

Edit to add-does mars have tornados/hurricanes etc?

Regards to all

edit on 30/09/10 by FeatheredSerpent because: to add question

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
All I have to say is dust devil. Really nothing to this video, besides some imagination.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
they claim it's something on mars which could very well be something on this planet.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Crumbles

No i feel abit silly,seems you beat me to it,after watching it again i came to the conclusion of a twister.

Regards to all

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FeatheredSerpent

Good find, and interesting. However, it looks rather tornado-esque, but doesn't make contact with the clouds.
I'm thinking it's wind though. One of those little "dirt-devil" things we see about, picking up sand, paper and the like?
I can't remember really what those little things are called, but that's what it looks like to me. I don't really see the humanoid similarity. Sorry.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by platipus

my apologises your going to have to be more specific.

Regards to all

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

When Peter Smith was a kid growing up in Tucson Ariz., he and his friends would chase the dirty whirlwinds called dust devils that regularly spin across the nearby desert. "We used to run and stand in the dust devils," Smith told Current Science. Thirty years later, Smith is still chasing dust devils, only now as part of his job. Smith is a planetary scientist at the University of Arizona who is helping the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) get ready for the first manned mission to Mars. Giant dust devils swarm across the face of Mars year-round. NASA is worried about the potential of the whirlwinds to endanger that mission. So, for the past several summers, Smith and colleagues from the university have been tracking and measuring Arizona's dusty twister

Source

Don't feel silly, If you hadn't posted I never would have known about this either! Cool stuff, Youtube time.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Pretty sure that's a standard run of the mill dust-devils, which if I recall correctly, are pretty widespread on Mars. With that being said, I am a firm believer of either present or past life on Mars and I believe that we have already seen much evidence to prove those theories from the Cydonia region and suspicions with Phobos. Thank you for continuing to research this issue--I hope to get another video from you soon. Some of these are hit or miss but we ill never find out the truth unless we keep trying.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Not a woman or a man or a martian. Just rocks.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I never knew either so atleast 2 of us have learned something

Regards to all

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I would like to add a little correction to what appears on the video.

As the rovers do not have video cameras, what we see is not "small quick versions of the clips", those are sequences of photos, with all the obvious limitations.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Why couldn't they put a video camera on it?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SpacedOut85

The amount of data a video camera generates is too big and the rovers were made for geological exploration, for which photos from several wavelengths are more useful.

But to be sure you have to ask NASA.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

there are these wonderful things called DUST DEVILS...

"oh my, theres a tornado here on earth, it must be nephilim..."

DENY IGNORANCE! not everything is an alien.

new topics

top topics

join