It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TRENDING: Obama-Clinton ticket 'on the table,' Woodward says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

(CNN) – Some called a Barack Obama-Hillary Clinton pairing the "Dream Ticket" in 2008. It didn't happen.

But what about 2012?

"It's on the table," veteran Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward told CNN's John King in an interview for John King, USA to air Tuesday at 7 p.m. ET. "Some of Hillary Clinton's advisers see it as a real possibility in 2012."

The scenario – whereby Vice President Joe Biden and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton would switch positions - has been bandied about by political observers for months, seen by some as a potentially savvy strategy to gin up excitement among what appears to be a depressed Democratic base.

But it's never been clear if the idea has been actually discussed in the White House, until now.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Source: politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

Could you think of anything worse for our country right now? Well, yes I can but this ranks right up there. It's amazing to me how the news can publicly admit that our administration will try to garner votes based on superficial criteria, instead of the issues that actually matter, yet still claim that these politicians are honest and look out for the best interests on the American public. What's even more scary is that it works.

Women will vote for Hillary, simply because she is a women and many liberals (both men and women) will do the same. On the other hand, many blacks and minorities will vote for Obama, simply due to his skin-color, though the media will only condemn those who they believe won't vote for these politicians based on the same criteria.

With that being said, I have learned over the years that it really doesn;t matter who is in office, as whoever makes it will be just as corrupt as whoever they follow into the White House. Want to vote Obama out of office? Why, he is just going to be replaced by someone who is fighting for the same goals (though maybe through a different vehicle) and those goals surely don't include any benefit to us. So, we vote Obama out and get someone else in who will just carry on the same corrupt agenda. Doesn't really look apetizing to me.

In fact, we go through this cycle every 4-8 years, where we trade Republicans for Democrats and why each party dazzles us with relatively unimportant, cosmetic issues, while pushing forward with their same statist, corporatist and authoritarian nanny-state approach. They all pander to the corporate and special interest elite, at the expense of the peasant class, while keeping the peasants distracted and divided.

Neither one of the parties or leading candidates ever want to tackle the real problems like the uncontrolled spending, huge deficits and debt, a marginalized Constitution and our fleeting liberties. None of them want to focus on the real problems behind our faulty economy, and instead they make it worse by ensuring that the people eat the cost of it in the first place.

The point here, is that while an Obama-Clinton ticket seems horrifying, does it really matter anymore? If Hillary and Berry aren't elected to the White House in 2012, it will be someone else that would push the same fundamental agenda anyway. The falling scraps might be a little different, but they are still falling scraps and those scraps are still rotten.

The one thing that I do think about, is who will be more compitent at screwing the American people. Will Hillary as Vice-President or even President speed up the process a little, whereby the American people get screwed faster? Is she capable of robbing us more efficiently and pushing the anti-liberty agenda a little faster than maybe some others? Sure, I believe that may be the case, though I'll leave that variable blank.

--airspoon

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hillary has been part of the Washington establishment since her husband became president 17 years ago. She has really never left the Beltway since then and as a result has lost touch with the modern individual and their concerns. She has made more than her fair share of backroom deals and served the interest of corporate lobbyists on more than once occasion, we can almost all agree on that.

His idea to rejuvenate a faltering voter base is to not shake up the political thinking and ideas of his current administration but to rather bring in a new face. When Rahm left he brought in to replace him another insider, now he wants to bring Hillary in for VP for face value.

Hillary will bring in the white voters, females and blue collar workers somewhat back to Obama but their return is not based upon an improvement of the policies or the good results from his policies but rather due to personal influence of another political figure.

If Obama wanted his base to return he should have enacted or at least attempted to enact the policies that the base demanded but rather they received a cocky remark from Gibbs about how crazy they are. This administration, as was the previous, is completely out of touch.
edit on 10/5/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I think anybody that believes that Obama/Hillary would get anywhere at all does not understand the earth shaking events taking place in politics.
First, the news organizations are losing their influence. There are a large number of alternative news sites now, and this does not bode well for organized money.
Second, the economy is tanking faster than the lifeboats can be inflated. I don't think either Hillary or Obama excel in the economics department.

Hillary cannot distance herself from EVERYBODY in government, and in my opinion, the voters in 2012 will not want anything to do with anyone that helped cause this mess. Obama will be old news, and the only stories being aired about him will be about his latest vacation hop.

The wild card, in my opinion, is if we have enormous voter apathy by 2012. if the T.E.A. Party flops, all bets are off.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
What does Biden think of all of this? hahaha.

"Awe shucks, and here I was, for the most part, doing what they wanted me todo, keep my mouth shut".
"Ill get you back Obama, oh yes I will"

Clinton and Obama-

May God have mercy on our souls.

new topics

top topics

join