It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origins - Short Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Origins

First Tablet

'Atlan's Escape'

Five hundred thousand years ago on a nearby constellation,

The Lyrans were furious. No one knew who took the tablet. The Lyran leader, General Gan of the Gadabins warned that if the tablet was found by the Draconians, the war could be lost. The council of soul protectors aided the leader with advice. The Lyran system of politics was a democracy, the council had to vote on any decision that the leader wished to make. They voted against attacking the Draconians. Gan, pleaded with the council but it was no use. The council needed evidence before an attack on a neutral system, which would result in the destruction of the Planet Li. "We cannot destroy the entire Planet without substantial evidence that the Draconians took the Tablet, you must understand this Gan", said one of the council members. The meeting was postponed and all the men left the main hall.
Gan pulled one of the council members aside, "You know what those hideous Draconians are capable of, they must be destroyed!" The council member was surprised at Gans furious temper; it was not common for Lyrans to lose their temper easily. "The people of the Planet Li are also human, a decision concerning their total wipeout just to catch the enemy, takes allot of thinking by the wise council". Gan stormed off in a rage, and Lenar his helper, followed.
Back on the main ship 'Seeker', a young Captain received a message from an unknown source which stated, 'We have the Tablet and know the name of God'. Immediately the Captain informed his superiors back on the Planet. "Wise council members, we have received news that the Seeker has information regarding the Tablet". The speaker read the message. The council began to feel unsettled. "Still, this is not proof that the Draconians have the Tablet, let alone that they are hidden on the Planet of Li", said one of the council members. The wise men murmured. "General Gans intelligence report states that a Draconian vessel was recorded by the Vergo satellite leaving the Lyran system and was headed for the Planet Li". The wise men murmured some more until the council leader stood up "SILENCE!"
The room went quiet. The council leader walked down to the centre of the room. "I sense a great change, we must be weary, and for the six hundred thousand year war is coming to its climax". Suddenly the doors opened with a bang and in came the General. "Wise council members, have you not witnessed the atrocities of the Draconian race, have you not seen enough blood? If they use the Tablet then all hope is lost, forever". Gan walked slowly towards the council leader and took his arm. "Sou Leem, let me protect our people, let me strike down the enemy!"
Both men stared into each other’s eyes. "But then the Tablet will be lost", said Sou Leem. "We must sacrifice it for the sake of the Lyran race", replied Gan. Sou Leem, with great disappointment nodded his head in approval and then turned his back on Gan.
"I will not fail you", said Gan and hurried off to the main space port.
Back on the Seeker all was quiet. The Captians second in command was trying to decipher where the message came from. "Any news Roban?” asked the Captain. "Nothing yet sir, the computer is having trouble locating the signal's origin". "Ok you keep on working on that, keep me informed".
The Captain was an adventurous man. He preferred to explore the Universe; he hated the never ending war. In his dreams, the Captain visited a world full of marvelous strange beings. A world where there was no war and the inhabitants lived in peace and harmony. He even dreamt of the Planets name and the coordinates on how to get there. 'I must be going crazy' he thought, making a joke about it, to himself.
"Sir". The Captain turned around and saw one of his pilots. "What is it Commander?" asked the Captain. The pilot looked nervous. "Sir, we have just received orders to rendezvous with the Skyra. We are attacking the Planet Li". The Captain was shocked. "But why? Who gave the order? We don’t even know where the message came from?" He ran quickly and contacted the mother ship. He wanted to confirm it. He was arguing with the Skyra Captain when Gan, who was there, took over. "The Planet Li will fall, that is a direct order". "Yes general" replied The Captain and ceased communication. Planet Li's doom was imminent. "The Skyra is in sight. One hour till countdown" said one the pilots in the main deck.
The Captain could not believe that they were about to destroy a friendly Planet populated by Humans just like him, when Roban burst into the deck in hysterics. "Captain, sir, I have deciphered the signal's origin! It is Lenar, the Generals adviser; it came from the main Planet". The Captain contacted the mother ship again. "We have deciphered the signal's origin sir, it is Lenar your adviser, he has the Tablet, it is a conspiracy!" explained the Captain. "Nonsense!" shouted Gan; he was having none of it. The Captain tried to explain again but was interrupted by an angry General. Communication went down and thirty minutes were left for the Planets destruction. "I must tele transport to the Skyra, can you set up the inter Trans portal Roban?" Roban was loyal to the captain and he knew the message came from Lenar. "Yes Captain I will". Soon after the Captain found himself on board the Skyra. He was investigating when he saw Lenar walk past him. He knew who Lenar was but the Generals adviser didn’t know the Captain. He followed him to a room. Lenar went in and the door closed. The Captain stood outside and heard Lenar talk. "You have done well Gan of the Gadabins; you will be rewarded handsomely by the Draco Emperor. Here, the Tablet. Now we can end this war". The Captain kicked the door down and shot Lenar with a laser gun. Lenar dropped the Tablet and the General ran for cover, reaching the communicator, he hit the button and ordered "Begin attack on the enemy!"
The Captain screamed "No!” he picked up the Tablet and ran for the main deck, he ran as fast as he could but got there too late and the Planet Li was annialated. In a state of panic he ran and boarded an escape ship. He just made it back dodging fire from the Skyra. "We are being attacked, hit top speed!" ordered the Captain. The Seeker's pilots acted quickly and set forth into the vast black space, the Skyra followed. After ten minutes in top speed, they reached another constellation. "Sir there is a Planet with oxygen we can land on". "Good" said the Captain, "land immediately and begin to secure the perimeter". They landed on the southern part of a red Planet. The Skyra landed also, resulting in a bloody battle. After many men died, The Captain boarded the Skyra with his Commander Roban and took off leaving the Seeker destroyed, and Gan, the General, to fend for himself.
"Type these coordinates in the main computer Roban, six hundred and sixty six". "Ok I have a blue Planet on Radar, Captain Atlan, on your order".
This was the Captains moment of adventure, the one he had been dreaming about. He strapped himself in, looked at his Commander and said "Set forth to Planet Earth".

By Dr Cosma

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

edit on 16-11-2010 by Dr Cosma because: trying to up load an image

edit on 16-11-2010 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

new topics

join