It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super-Rich Investors Buy Gold by Ton

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Super-Rich Investors Buy Gold by Ton

www.reuters.com

(Reuters) - The world's wealthiest people have responded to economic worries by buying gold by the bar -- and sometimes by the ton -- and by moving assets out of the financial system, bankers catering to the very rich said on Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Heh-heh...

Now I could be wrong, but I have been talking about this for a while now: The switch back to precious metals as a primary form of currency, necessitated by a completely FAILED paper currency exchange, which has long since ran it's course.

Is this a sign of this coming to fruition? Do these investors KNOW what is coming?

Another one of those things to keep a close eye on people...

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Most don't know what is coming, but gold is a safe heaven in times of uncertainty, which explains why nowadays many people invest in gold and other precious metals. As soon as the Dollar goes down the drain - and believe me, they are trying to postpone this as long as possible (including the Chinese), the IMF will act and try to replace it by a new world reserve currency, giving control to those who have had control of the financial system for almost a century. Unfortunately for them, the BRICS and the EU are not going to let this happen.

There will be another century, but not one of America holding the world hostage with petrodollars.

Don't believe me? Long before the crisis I stressed here on ATS this crisis would come to happen and especially the US would be hit hard. Many Americans ridiculed me. Guess what. All these people have disappeared into thin air and I'm still around.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Most don't know what is coming, but gold is a safe heaven in times of uncertainty, which explains why nowadays many people invest in gold and other precious metals. As soon as the Dollar goes down the drain - and believe me, they are trying to postpone this as long as possible (including the Chinese), the IMF will act and try to replace it by a new world reserve currency, giving control to those who have had control of the financial system for almost a century. Unfortunately for them, the BRICS and the EU are not going to let this happen.

There will be another century, but not one of America holding the world hostage with petrodollars.

Don't believe me? Long before the crisis I stressed here on ATS this crisis would come to happen and especially the US would be hit hard. Many Americans ridiculed me. Guess what. All these people have disappeared into thin air and I'm still around.

You are correct, America won't be the one benefitting from another currency in the next 100 years. I think these big money people know whats in store for the economy in the future and are getting as much of their wealth that is possible out of the fiat.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
yeah gold is a safe haven investment people

but there is another thing people need to think about.............

golds price is determined by supply when they buy more gold they drive that price up becasue of the demand

rich people arent stupid and they know this every bit of gold taken out of the system makes them all the more richer...

i have been following gold since it was $325 an ounce and im telling you people this end of the world or not

anyone who has gold will be the ones left standing after a "financial" collapse comes.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
yeah gold is a safe haven investment people

anyone who has gold will be the ones left standing after a "financial" collapse comes.

If they were smart enought not to leave a paper trail, so their gold purchases could not be traced.
Don't forget the prior recall of American owned gold: and people were stupid enough to turn it in.

Sure hope anyone stocking up knows enough NOT to use charge cards or checks so they
can trace what you bought.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I am wondering how they know if the gold is pure or not?
Remember the thread here that was saying that tungsten bars had a layer of gold on them and the only
way they knew it was a layer is because someone cut them in half.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
These ultra rich are not putting everything into gold 10 to 20% yes but they are smart and using gold as a balance for there investments.
If the dollar or there countries money goes down gold will go up.
If the dollar goes up gold will go down.
If stocks go down gold goes up
If stocks go up gold goes down
They lose no money they don't get wiped out.
The ultra rich know if gold goes down and the bubble bursts all they have to do is hold the gold till the next cycle.
In the long run they never lose,
But the middle class can not do this as they will need the mmoney to live on.

I will not buy gold right now as the price is way to high.
But i will be out in some of the gold mining areas near where in live with my metal detector looking.
If i get lucky i might get a couple ounces.
If i do i will sell it quick while i can make good money on it.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I wish i was able to buy gold by the ton. Must be nice but What is the point of having that much money. You cant bring money to the grave

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Follow the money. This is a disturbing path to say the least. I think the dollar is not the best bet in town right now. And when it collapses watch out. It will shake the very fabric of this nation.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
I will not buy gold right now as the price is way to high.
But i will be out in some of the gold mining areas near where in live with my metal detector looking.
If i get lucky i might get a couple ounces.
If i do i will sell it quick while i can make good money on it.

Although your analysis is spot on, I doubt the price of gold is going to go down in the long-term or do you expect the utter financial chaos to disappear anytime soon? I don't. Not just that, the demand for gold greatly exceeds the supply, so gold might be the next bubble, but then again, as long as there is chaos, the gold price will only skyrocket.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Even though I can't afford to buy any gold, I can't believe how much writing is all over the walls!

The dollar collapse is so obviously imminent, and the general public will be standing with their jaws dropped open in disbelief, while their pockets are empty and their pantries the same. That's how dumb the public is to this. I mean how long can a crooked govt keep printing money to hide that they're broke? Not forever, and ever is coming. I just read a statistic that 96% of our total budget goes to just the interest payments on our debt, a debt that is compounding daily, of course. Could your household run on this statistic?

Are you ready this? I'm not, but I'm starting today.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The really amusing thing is that the "super rich" have once again shown their total lack of a sense or reality.

Whilst it might be "fun" to have stupid amounts of money that you could never possibly spend in your lifetime, what does it really bring?

You can't buy real happiness. You can't be really sure that your wife/husband loves you or your money... assuming they married into the family with nothing. There again, even if they have lots of money already, you can't really be sure that they aren't marrying in to your family to take half of everything to increase their own "fortune".

These people are shallow and generally only worry about how much money is in the bank as opposed to where the homeless will sleep tonight.

The most amusing part of this is that these people are the ones who will suddenly thing "errrrr" when they realise that the muck and fan have been introduced to one another. This penny dropping moment will be when they finally see that they can't eat their gold, it won't keep them warm, it won't help build a shelter, or care for them when they are sick...

Ultimately, even if these people go through life wanting for nothing, they will die with nothing. I can't help but smile at the irony of it all. I'm glad I realised a long time ago that the pursuit of wealth and material goods is futile.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I too think this is a sign that something could happen to the economy soon! It is indeed only a matter of time until people realize that currency as we know it is failing!

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by insubordinate

Oops I posted twice for some reason

I do apologize!

edit on 6-10-2010 by insubordinate because: Double Post

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

LOL too late. I would not want to be in possession of too many precious metals especially gold, UM JUST SAYEN. It makes sense, people in poor financial situation wont be able to do this. So basically who has these large amounts of gold would signal who they are in reguards to Earths original plans and standards and it may not look to good from above

edit on 10/6/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Yet you wouldn´t trade in your wealth for poverty!

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I will use my guns to take your gold.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

It would seem popular media figure and investor Jim Rogers agrees with you:

"Gold is going to go a lot higher over the next decade. It may slow down for a while because it's run up so dramatically here in the last few weeks. But gold's going to be much higher," Rogers said. "Adjusted for inflation it should be well over $2,000 now. When I say something like it's going to 2,000 in 10 years it's not a very dramatic statement given the state of the world. I'm sure it's a given."

Rogers said one reason gold will continue to gain is because of what he called the failed policies of the Federal Reserve, its Chairman Ben Bernanke, as well as Treasury Secretary Geithner and other government officials. He said their efforts to prop up the economy have made things worse, not better.

Full Article:

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Having a gold backed dollar is almost as scary as the current fiat system that we enjoy today. Why is that you may ask? Because gold is a commodity and whoever owned the most of that commodity would have complete influence over the world's monetary system, not just the nations and there wouldn't be anything we could do about it.

Instead, I believe that a fiat currency, controlled by the people and not debt-based is the way to go. Once you back your currency with a commodity, whoever rules that commodity would have absolute rule over the currency, the same people who have rule over our current currency, only their influence over the currency would be much more direct and solid.

We need to pry our currency out of the control of these people/entities and instead control it ourselves. We can do that with a fiat currency that is not debt-based and is not run by power individuals behind closed doors. We have done it before, as this is what King Alfred did in England after the fall of Rome. It's also what Lincoln did during the "civil war" to keep America from being completely owned by the London bankers due to war debts.

Another thing that scares me about gold, is that there are many rumors of gold plated tungsten bars replacing what used to be real gold bars. Whether this is true or not, it has the power to manipulate the price and value of gold. Just the fact that it can be so easily done is scary at best.

--airspoon

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join