It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'I feel like no-one': Girl, 12, dies in father's arms from mystery condition after being tormente

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by felonius

I don't call those people tree huggers, I call those people sheeple, The ones that don't want to take responsibility for their children and would rather have the government parent their kids. These are the fat lazy slugs who live off the government dime and don't know how to parent at all, and probably should have never procreated!!!! Slugs is also a good analogy for them. This is why we need to get the HELL away from this Nanny state mentality. It used to be communities used to step up and have an intervention when someone really did abuse their child and it worked for thousands of years, in fact in many cultures their was never ANY abuse because the entire tribe/community all worked together raising the children and teaching them, and disciplining them, which kept a lot of stress out of the equation...this is something that people don't seen to understand. Everyone wants to live in their bubble right now, removed from the world. What they will be in for a shock when TSHTF, because if you can't work together as a community, a lot of people aren't going to survive!
edit on 8-10-2010 by ldyserenity because: SP

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

I see no weakness, no failure in empathy. On the contrary, I believe that there is more strength in "daring" to show real emotion, risking the pain that could be a consequence.
It is easy to become hard, bitter... to close your eyes and turn your back toward the weak, the broken, those who can not fight for themselves. It is easy to despise the "pathetic," much harder to love them...There is no strenght, no "heroism" in smiling on other peoples pain...
to me, that is more a sign of personal bitterness... maybe one heartbreak too many.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Surely you understand that there is no problem in reality. That child was enduring a miserable life. MAybe it was by choice. Maybe it was by design. Either way now, the misery of one has become the grief of her family, the disappointment of all on this thread and the sympathy of anybody who hears the story. Thats a whole lot of emotion and contrast that that little girls short difficult life have afforded the rest of us who remain. She maybe even did a society a favour by departing in the sense that she might have gone on to become a threatening product of her environment or psycho-social misfit. WHo knows? I say God bless her and I thank her for her story.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Something no one talks about that I have seen
I was raised by a single mother after my Father died when i was 8. We moved constantly sometimes in 2 or even 3 schools in a year. I was bullied mainly because of my cloths and because i was so very shy having never been anywhere long enough to have a friend.
The point is, the teachers never spoke up when they saw me being abused. In one new school I came inside the classroom during recess to escape a group of 4 girls much older then me. the teacher was in there and had been watching out the window. he said "You know what i hate? I hate people who won't stand up for themselves".
I was a little girl who lost her father and had basicly no mother and was hungry all the time and wore the same cloths everyday. NOT my fault that i was shy and not aggresive. This is just one of many experiences i had of teachers that made me feel even more like dirt, and actualy seemed friendly with the meanest kids in class.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Yes, I've seen that attitude in teachers and others. It's disgusting. This is an adult's world, it's the adults' responsibility face bullying and deal with it, not the children's.
Of course it was not your fault that you were shy, that was caused by the effects of the adult world on you and needed to be addressed by adults. And of course it was not your fault that you were not aggressive, that was an asset of your good quality, to be cherished.
I don't have all the answers, but I know it's my shared responsibility to deal as best I can with the effects of the adult world on children to see they get the best out of life.

I say to all adults; intervene as an adult and deal with the situation as is your responsibility, don't rely on your "good" advice to fix everything.

Originally posted by Char-Lee
he said "You know what i hate? I hate people who won't stand up for themselves".

Unbelievable, what a cold hearted shell of a damaged man.

I know how being bullied and teased can affect you for the rest of your life, everyone should know, it's not brain surgery. The subtle difference you can see in those who were on the receiving end when they where kids now as adults unsure if they match up with everyone else. Well, if that's you I want to at least say to just remember that uncertainty in your own worth is a direct product of the teasing and bullying. Know it and be certain of it.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Perhaps, in the old days, the teachers were seen as the enemy, because of their mistreatment of students. Given this "common enemy" and the strict dicipline, there was less "social pressure" due to uniforms, and the common "enemy" of the teacher, sort of united students, where the teachers were at the top of the pecking order, and not the bullies. For example, in prisons where fights are common, the wardens issue punishments and work to the offenders no matter who started the fight - when there is fear of the wardens, there is less fighting among inmates.
edit on 11-12-2010 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Yeah I was bullied too and almost died from it, due to starvation, I was so ill from stress I couldn't eat.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by abrowning
Apparently you can die of a broken heart.

The phenomenon can trigger what seems like a classic heart attack and can put victims at risk for potentially severe complications and even death, the researchers found. By giving proper medical care, however, doctors can mend the physical aspect of a "broken heart" and avoid long-term damage.

Horribly sad this young lady died.
edit on 5-10-2010 by abrowning because: (no reason given)

Absolutely this is possible.
It's no secret your mental state can/does affect your physical state.

So this poor little girl was so distressed by her experience(s) that she literally died from despair.

Can you imagine the depths of sorrow that she must have had to reach to cause her heart to physically stop? My God... "heartbreaking" doesn't even come close to describing it....

"I feel like nothing...."

This just f$#@ infuriates me

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Moronic bullies such as those who bullied this girl are lucky that I'm not in charge of things.
My solution to people acting like @$$holes for no good reason involves rounding them up, shipping them off to an island and bombing it until there's no more island left.

People who selfishly, and without reason, go out of their way to put others down deserve to be obliterated (the literal meaning of the word), imho.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

That's a shame.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
What is with all these bullying stories nowadays and why all the kids suiciding themselves? It's so terrible. Not to take anything away from this tragic event but the girl was only being called a lesbian at 12. I was being called worse things at younger age by my bullies then worse things by the bullies at home after school. Throw in the physical abuse and ya. Atleast this girl looks like she has some loving parents. I'm not gonna lie many times I felt like offing myself but I just stuck with it.

I think this has more to do with the #ty state our world is in than bullies being worse than before. Like for instance, that grandma getting harassed on the school bus. I can sit here for days telling stories about the terrible things that went on in the classrooms and the terrible disrespect towards both teachers and peers.

It's the crummy state our world is in that is pushing these kids to take their lives for something as small as bullying. I know bullying is terrible and has many consequences as I've lived them, but seriously, we all went through it and many of us didn't off ourselves in the numbers these kids are doing these days. The stress their parents, peers and just everything else nowadays is too much for them to handle. The world is crap and if we needed any more of a sign, this is it.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Thats really sad...kids are so cruel sometimes, and nobody seems to understand how it can affect someones health.

I suffered from emotional (as opposed to physical) bullying throughout most of my school life, and it affected me significantly. I became very withdrawn, and a social outcast. I consider myself to be an intelligent person, but the huge amount of stress that I was suffering at the time resulted in loss of concentration and poor memory (a complete disaster where learning, revision, and taking exams is concerned). About a year after I left sixth form college (after only passing one of my three A-Level courses), I started suffering from the physical symptoms of severe anxiety. I had always been slim, but my weight dropped down to 8st5lb (I am 6 feet tall), and I suffered all kinds of physical effects, including tachycardia (rapid heartbeat), panic attacks, palpitations, and a very unusual symptom whereby my back muscles would feel like they were on fire about 20 minutes after eating. Very scary, and it took me probably two years to drag myself out of that situation. I was prescribed medication at the time for the rapid heartbeat and anxiety (beta blockers)......a medication that I still take to this day, twenty-five years later.

Thankfully, I am now much better, but I think that the emotional scars and side effects of that anxiety will remain with me for the rest of my life. Consequently, I get extremely angry whenever I hear about other children being bullied at school. It can (and does) destroy people's entire lives, and I feel that a LOT more should be done about it by schools, and society in general. I never really spoke about it to anyone (including my parents), but I would urge anyone in a similar position to get it sorted out ASAP. It is unacceptable for people to have to suffer like this.
edit on 31-7-2012 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2012 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I could only get through about half that story and the first few lines of her letter. It was too sad.

Originally posted by DaddyBare
Dying of a broken heart is not unheard of...
I have this friend who works in the medical examiner's office there in Albuquerque...

anyway she tells me it's rather common especially with elderly folks who've been married forever... seems if the wife dies first the odds are rather fight the husband will die soon after....

It happened to an elderly aunt and uncle of mine. I didn't know them well, only met them a few times and this happened a long time ago. First my uncle died, then less than a month later my aunt died. Dying of despair is definitely very real.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
What we need is someone who is legally able to walk around with a 2X4 like Joe Don Baker and start wacking some sense into the stupid population that live in this world....that would be true justice.

Act like a bully or a tard in public? WHACK

Disrespect the elderly? WHACK

Being infinately stupid or neglectful? WHACK

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join