It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'I feel like no-one': Girl, 12, dies in father's arms from mystery condition after being tormente

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

'I feel like no-one': Girl, 12, dies in father's arms from mystery condition mystery condition after being tormented by school bullies

www.dailymail.co.uk< br />

Parents discover trove of heart- breaking letters revealing their breaking letters revealing their daughter's suffering Father hands police the names of 13 children accused of tormenting girl A distraught father has told how his 12- year-old daughter collapsed and died in his arms after she was tormented by bullies at school. Holly Stuckey’s sudden death has yet to be explained by doctors and is now being be explained by doctors and is now being investigated by police and education officials Altt
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 6-10-2010 by Gemwolf because: Fixed title

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I found this profoundly moving and heartbreaking..

It seems that this poor wee girl was literally bullied to death and died, literally of a broken heart..

Her father held her as she died in his arms.. Its quite possibly the very worst thing that I can think of . And being a father of two girls myself, I cannot imagine the anguish that dad is going through, and of course the rest of the family.

This quote from one of the comments on this article sums up my feelings nicely;

"Sick to death myself of the low life this country is breeding. That`s what the bullies are. Low life People with no or little intelligence; no empathy; no understanding. A selfish generation of ugliness. We are rearing scoungers, and fame hungry idiots in search of celebrity, with no talent, all wanting something for nothing; people who will torment others to get where they have to be. I do not know where we have gone wrong as a society. I belive there are still some lovely young people being brought up who will contribute to the future but unfortunately the low life (both rich and poor) are breeding at a rate of knots. My heartfelt sympathy to this family. I can imagine nothing worse"- mom, west mids, 05/10/2010 14:12

www.dailymail.co.uk< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 5-10-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Awww man, I hate to see this happen

Thats really sad...kids are so cruel sometimes, and nobody seems to understand how it can affect someones health. Im thinking that maybe it somehow brought on an attack that stopped her breathing

CX

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
As a father of two girls the same age as this, this is truely heartbreaking to read.

My youngest has had problems like this, and you just do your best to be there for them every step of the way.

Bullies are the cause of much distress for pupils at school, unfortunately when you look deeper the bullies are often doing it for a reason. Take a look at the home life, thats often a good place to start.

My thoughts go out to the parents of this little girl, i know i'll be giving my two extra cuddles tonight.

CX.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Dying of a broken heart is not unheard of...
I have this friend who works in the medical examiner's office there in Albuquerque...

anyway she tells me it's rather common especially with elderly folks who've been married forever... seems if the wife dies first the odds are rather fight the husband will die soon after....

funny but if their roles are reversed the wife just goes on like it was just another day... go figure...

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Yeah
Maybe she had a previously undetected heart condition. But that does not excuse the bullies.. They need to be made example of to the rest of society to show young peole that this will not be tollerated again..

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Apparently you can die of a broken heart.

The phenomenon can trigger what seems like a classic heart attack and can put victims at risk for potentially severe complications and even death, the researchers found. By giving proper medical care, however, doctors can mend the physical aspect of a "broken heart" and avoid long-term damage.

Horribly sad this young lady died.
edit on 5-10-2010 by abrowning because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
link   
My God people what are we becoming, when souls willingly depart because they find no love amongst us.

With Love,

Your Brother

CX

link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
But that does not excuse the bullies.. They need to be made example of to the rest of society to show young peole that this will not be tollerated again..

Agreed....and the same goes for my comment about bullies often having bad home lives....whilst it maye be a reason, it's not an excuse.

CX.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Have any of you seen the video`s of how the kids fight today? It`s not like it use to be, with just fists, no, it`s knock them down in whatever way you can, then keep kicking them in the head like their intent is to kill, not just hurt.

Sadly though, you even see adults doing the same thing anymore, like the stress of todays world has taken it`s toll on their minds till they crack. And they do it with no remorse at all.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

Im sick of excuses by social commentators about trying to understand the whys.. All of their studies just leads to excuses and sympathy of why they act this way. The same thing has infected our justice system that lets perpertrators off with a slapped wrist.

Im a total beliver of not sparring the rod. Since society removed the rod, we have now adults with no sense of responsability who have bred kids that are much worse..

It will take an iron fist to sort this out, not more namby pamby social engineering by jumper wearing tree huggers

I dont want to see another beautifull, innocent wee girl die of a broken heart again..

Quite angry about this now..

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
There are no silver-linings to this tragic story.

My children will be reminded today of how much I love them, and I hope should they have children of their own, they are ever mindful of the difference between the world children live in, and the world adults live in.

At the very least, this story reminds us that despite media-hype, "cyber-bullying" is not the problem... "bullying" is the problem. It will happen wherever "bullies" congregate, virtual or otherwise.

Not every child has the gift of resilience, or the understanding of life to endure this kind of public abuse; and sadly, not all children share these kinds of harrowing experiences with the adults in their lives. Sadder still, is that not all adults know how to cope with these situations.

What shocks me most is that some of these 'bullies' grow up to be successful adult bullies; and we often make them 'leaders.'

edit on 5-10-2010 by Maxmars because: spelling - as usual

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

She was better than all of them that was the problem. Absolutely heart breaking. Can't really say how angry it makes me. In the eyes of the law and the educational system the bullies will not be held accountable for her death, yet anyone with an ounce of sense can see the truth of the matter.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

and the usual response would be "youre a hater".... to cure this generation that hater word, through logic, and concept must be eliminated... no accountability... heartless and vile, malicious souls are being bred.... terrorists are not to be feared compared to the blind eye society is turning toward the very cancer festering within

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Not every child has the gift of resilience, or the understanding of life to endure this kind of public abuse; and sadly, not all children share these kinds of harrowing experiences with the adults in their lives.

Damn that was well put. It's easy to say 'everyone gets bullied, deal with it' but not everyone is capable of doing it. It seems like the girl had very loving parents and it breaks my heart to think she probably didn't want to burden them with her problems.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by abrowning
reply to post by Maxmars

Not every child has the gift of resilience, or the understanding of life to endure this kind of public abuse; and sadly, not all children share these kinds of harrowing experiences with the adults in their lives.

Damn that was well put. It's easy to say 'everyone gets bullied, deal with it' but not everyone is capable of doing it. It seems like the girl had very loving parents and it breaks my heart to think she probably didn't want to burden them with her problems.

This is why bullying should be treated as a scourge and anaethma, and those who perpetrate it should be dealt with severely.

We must instill in the "strong" to support the weak and not do what pack animals do to the weak.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Great post, I’m all for corporal punishment myself. I feel that the main problem here is a lack of fear and -respect- and kids could do with being terrified of their teachers again.

For these kids, being sent to the Head’s office or being given detention is like a medal and they play off each other to see who can be the most misbehaved. Misbehaving was far more undesirable when it only resulted in pain and embarrassment, today they are allowed to gradually degenerate throughout their school lives and are then released into the adult world as fully-fledged human filth.

Bullies are the best example of what it is to be a coward. They pick on the weakest possible targets, those least likely or least capable of standing up to them, just so that they can feel better about themselves.

I have seen previously harmless and pathetic individuals snap and lash out at bullies far bigger than them, groups of bullies even. It was a horrible shock for them, seeing the fear in the eyes of those bullies was truly heart-warming but they didn’t learn a thing, they just chose a different target and went about their business with added gusto because their punctured ego was in desperate need of re-inflation. In my opinion a military environment would soon sort these kids out.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Agreed. Man I feel bad for occasionally bullying people back in the day. It seemed a hell of a lot less sinister when I was in school (not excusing it mind you). If someone got bullied for something it usually lasted about 2 days and by the end of the week everyone had forgotten.

Wanted to add jumper wearing tree huggers was priceless (don't anyone accuse me of bullying them now).
edit on 5-10-2010 by abrowning because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh

In my opinion a military environment would soon sort these kids out.

I couldnt agree more. Those so called "hard" kids soon saw the light when my platoon sergeant beasted the crap out of them in training. In fact their lack of character and cowardly natures were soon got rid of. The quiet kids just got on with it whilst they bitched and got the rest of us in the crap which did not go down too well.. A regimental bath or a good bedlegging sorts them people out! It turns a wanker into a man in no time!

ETA
It also stands you in good stead when its your turn to train young scroats into soldiers too lol

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This is a difficult thread or me to post to - my son died of asthma complications at the age of 12. I probably know more about asthma than any other disease, I spent a lot of time in the Dr's office and the hospital. Asthma attacks are triggered by allergens in the environment and stressful situations! Long term problems take tole on the lungs and heart. This dear child has lost her life to the torment of bullies, that breaks my heart. Bullying has got to stop - I hope this will open the eyes and hearts of the school board. Bullies need to be punished, their victims need to be protected. IMO if a bully continues this behavior they should be expeled from school for an indefinite amount of time - parents and counselors should take charge and make sure they are not put back into school until they are absolutely sure they will not bully another child. My heart goes out to the parents - they will never be the same, the will carry grief and guilt for the rest of their lives. Rest in peace Holly
edit on 5-10-2010 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join