It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murder on Falcon Lake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I just finished watching the interviews with Tiffany Hartley, the wife of the man who was shot in the back of the head while jetskiing on Falcon Lake.

This smells fishy. Her body language was off, her story changed with every interview, and only once did I see her cry.

Supposedly they were on the mexican side (who the hell makes a "border" in the MIDDLE of a lake?) when they were shot at, and authorities can't look for the body because it happened in Mexico. Here's a news link with more details - www.krgv.com...

In that link, she claims a pirate held a gun to her head and two others went after her jet ski when she turned around to help her husband, then when he left she tried to retrieve her husband's body but couldn't because he was too heavy and a pirate was coming towards her. A good samaritan saw her being chased by a boat into US waters and she told him what happened upon reaching the shore where he was. A press conference was scheduled for friday, but was abruptly cancelled because she "feared for her life". She stated in one of the interviews that the gang who shot at them now has the jet ski and her husband's body and the U.S. refuses to do anything about it. Mexico is even saying they doubt this event even happened.

Found this link a few minutes ago, the story is being questioned - www.cbsnews.com... - supposedly Mexican and US authorities have been searching for his body, yet she said they would not help, and the sheriff said there was nothing they could do about recovering his body.

A few questions come to mind:

Did the "good samaritan" or anyone else hear the gunshots?

Are the mexican authorities really denying entry to the waters to recover the body as she and the family claim?

Why did they not shoot or kidnap her when they had the chance?

Why is she afraid to talk about something that already has her name attached to it? And now she went on national t.v. to talk about it?

All we have to go on is the 911 call and the good samaritan's and her word. I get the feeling more details will come out soon, these interviews are just the beginning.....

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The USA should use the cartels for bombing practice.

Anyone agree?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Sounds good to me, or put a bounty on their "pelts"....

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by I.C. Weiner

Congress could issue letters of marque and reprisal, allowing Americans to extract justice from the cartels should they feel like doing do.

Basically legalizing the killing of the cartels. The military could help out the militias and contractors to make sure they don't get themselves in too much trouble. Air support and fire support and whatnot.

*The Americans could be allowed to keep whatever cash the recover so long as they destroy the dope they find. This money will help them fund continued operations whilst destroying some drugs and the men selling them.

(or we could just legalize drugs, but that is too easy IMO.)

edit on 5-10-2010 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I agree. 100% accurately stated.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
This is the part that seems a bit inconsistent

"His wife, Tiffany, 29, made a desperate 911 call after reportedly racing to his aid, but says she was chased away by gunfire"

Chased away? Why not persued and executed? Because she was a woman? Doubtful, these cartels and border thugs are no respecters of age or gender. If they were ransom seekers, wouldnt having both be more profitable?

"Tiffany says they were ambushed by gunmen"

Is an ambush possible on open water? If so ...exactly how did it happen...draw a picture...show me.

"Did you know that there had been a spate of robberies on the lake? And did you have any concerns about going out that day?"

Tiffany replied, "We had heard about the pirates, and them robbing fishermen and whoever were over there. "

And you went anyway?

"We stand out. We don't blend in. And we lived there, and we lived a life of no fear. That we were not going to stop living our life and adventures."

Ok..Im not drawing ANY conclusions , I just wanted to help the OP.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by psyko45

You seem kinda confused.

Yet you think you can help the op? With your confusion?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

The desire to help and believing one can help are two entirely different things, are they not? I suppose you are correct in your assumption that I am confused. Confused as to the reason for your comment. Confused as to why you think your comment has anything to do with the subject at hand. Confused that you havent actually contributed to what the op was trying to say. Confused that I am even giving your personal 'jab' any creedence whatsoever. Confused at the word 'kinda'.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
ummmm, pirates?

Just ask yourself about that choice of wording. Hers or the medias?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Probably the media saying "pirates" - but her story gets more and more inconsistent every time she opens her mouth. I'll try to dig up some more.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Seems the head of the Mexican Investigator working this one has been delivered in a suitcase. Getting very odd.

Link to source

top topics

join