It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Proposition......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
OK I have been thinking about this for some time now and I would like to know how feasible this could be.

The introduction of a list of threads that are the cream of the crop of ATS. A list that would have to have Mod approval but a list in no certain order of the very best that ATS has to offer.

To start with accept submissions from ATS members and of course no member could vote for himself. After that the mods could mull over the submissions and produce the list of threads. After that submissions could still be accepted or strictly only Mod appointments.

Call it the Platinum List, Gold List, Way Above top Secret List etc, and put it out there.

With the growing ATS community this would allow newer members the ability to see the best that ATS has to offer with minimal digging.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I think its a great alternative ever since the voting system was removed and gone is the list of the top ranked thread.

I miss seeing the ol Syrian WMD thread claw its way to the top for being such a volatile subject.

Erm not to try and nominate a thread right from the start.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
We have one for 2003:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or is that not what you meant?

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
No not exactly,

I mean a list of the very best threads ever and a list somewhere around 35-50 to begin with. What I would like to see is the very best compiled into to one location.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
[size=10]WARNING! Danger Wil Robinson! [size=10]WARNING! Intense danger of drama attack with any thread ranking program has been detected. The AboveTopSecret.com Department of Boardland Sanity (DBS) asks that you please keep this chart handy! In addition, please recall that Special Director and Inquisitor Kano has, in his capacity as the Director of AboveTopSecret.com Department of Boardland Sanity (DBS) and special Special Adjunct Analyst Extraordinare of Cyber-Drama for the Emperor Gray, created the color-coded system for analyzing and alerting ATS Boardland citizens to the risk and/or threat of impending Cyber-Drama. SEVERE - Drama event occurring HIGH - Drama attack threatened ELEVATED - Board Trolls Observed GUARDED - Risk of Trolls/Drama LOW - It's Too Quiet An automated system is in-place to help ATS Boardland citizens understand the highly complex nature of Cyber-Drama threats to Boardland Sanity. Our current level of alert, because of this thread is "Guarded". But really.... we tried a system where member could rank the threads faily, it failed. You're only asking for a formula for drama if the staff selects their favorite threads. [edit on 25-6-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

top topics

join