It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To boldly go where no man has gone before - Our Oceans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
To date, the estimate is roughly 95% of the ocean sits unexplored... How is this possible? It is a fact, we know more about the moon than we do about our oceans.

Do we have rovers "roving" the depths? We have them on the moon and mars, so why do we not know every inch of our oceans? It is scary if you ask me. I understand that the oceans are enormous, but I would think that our own planet would be a top priority for exploration.

I have to assume that somewhere in our 95% unexplored oceans, there are tons of medicines and cures. It has bothered me lately how little we know about our oceans. I have searched the internet and have found some pretty amazing pictures. I would love to embed them, but lack the know how. Is there anyway that someone can embed them on their post and explain to me how to embed? Please and thank you!

These species of fish are so far from the "norm" of life on the surface.... Nature can head in so many different directions. It boggles my mind, how much we haven't seen.

Imagine, on the surface of the planet, the species vary greatly depending on region and climate. I have to assume, with changing ocean temps/changing depths and the sea floor releasing different amounts of gases and different minerals, the species will be different all through out the oceans.

The cures for all diseases very well maybe swimming around our oceans.

I have a question for all evolutionists.
Does all evolution end on land? Or could there be a fully developed species swimming our oceans?
Am I just a dreamer? Have we seen most of the species of our oceans? Do you think there are any WOW moments left in sea exploration?

I think so... I dont think we have even scratched the surface. Punn intented

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
You are right, however when exploring the depths of an ocean pressure occurs and an extreme amount at that! The deeper you go the higher the pressure gets and water is heavier than air so you get my drift...

Metal gets crushed down there like small tin cans!

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
i just read that 75% of sea life is unknown to us. that boggles my mind! and the pictures you linked are insane. the deeper and darker the depths the more hideous the beasts. mirrors our own psyche, doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Can anyone explain how to embed pictures? Does anyone know if we have any remote rovers scouring the sea floor? I am going to do some searching to drum up some more info on our oceans.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I have another thread about hundreds of new species being found ON LAND.... I would wager that the amount of species that have gone undiscovered in the oceans, is in the millions.

We have explored roughly 99% of the surface of the planet.. Yet have left 95% of the oceans unexplored... How is this the case? Why isn't there a bigger push to explore our oceans?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974
Can anyone explain how to embed pictures? Does anyone know if we have any remote rovers scouring the sea floor? I am going to do some searching to drum up some more info on our oceans.

To imbed, click the Image button above

So it will look like

[img] paste image here [img]

Then paste the link inbetween

]

edit on 6-10-2010 by Fallen Angel -X because: Mistakes with enbed

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Fallen Angel -X

You are the best thing since the legalization of marijuana!!!.. Thanks

top topics

join