It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some masonic secrets for the masses

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I kind of thought that most of the ignorance had been denied, but unfortunately I was wrong. Here are a few things that keep getting brought up by people that just aren't true.

1. No mason, in the history of masonry, has ever used the "devil horns" as a masonic signal or sign. It may belong to some other group of which I have no knowledge, but as far as masonry goes, it has no place. George Bush used it a lot. He is not a mason. Ron Paul apparently has used it, He is also not a mason.

2. Not every president or person of power is or has been a mason. The last masonic president was Gerald Ford. Obama is not a mason nor a Prince Hall mason. Masonry has NOTHING to do with power or control. It has everything to do with personal growth.

3. Inside our meetings, behind the closed doors, with no windows, there is a business meeting taking place. Paying bills, assigning tasks for some function, deciding when to do degree work. With some ritual involved. but I would say much less than in church.

4. Masons will help each other whenever possible. We will not break any laws to do so. And acting immoral is against our principals. Masons are just men, so none of us are perfect and some even screw up sometimes, but we try to remember to be good people and treat others as we would like to be treated. take that for what it's worth.

In these times of economic uncertainty and civil unrest, there are a lot of things that we should all be concerned about. Masonic affiliation is not one if them. We are just like the Rotary, Ruitans, Kiwanas, or any other civic group when it comes to our affect on society. Save for the betterment of the individual that I feel is paramount in masonry.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
So a Politician, a Commisioner of Police, head of the Fire Department, a Judge, Lawyers and so on meeting in secret is not a conspiracy? lol

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
dude must be a "low tier" mason.. the minions of gullible rubes used as pawns to project a wonderful reflection of the true evil which exists only in the higher degrees.. 23-33d degrees.. 23d degree is the first "EYE" opener.. their first "new" reality...

it is like a rookie congressman telling us govt isn't corrupt..

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog
dude must be a "low tier" mason.. the minions of gullible rubes used as pawns to project a wonderful reflection of the true evil which exists only in the higher degrees.. 23-33d degrees.. 23d degree is the first "EYE" opener.. their first "new" reality...

I speak from personal knowledge, and what you have posted here isn't true. I can't speak for a 33rd Degree Mason, but up to 32nd this isn't so. While doing my degree work (Scottish Rite) I asked what the symbolism was for the double-headed eagle. The question was passed around, but never answered. For me, that was an eye-opener.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Nice OP, to the point and accurate.

There are many myths and misconceptions about Masonry. S&F.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

P2 was a Mafia front styling itself as a Masonic lodge. The real lodges had nothing to do with that group.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Considering ANY 3rd degree Mason can become a 32° Mason for about $150 and a weekend workshop, no, your imagination of how the structure of Masonry works is seriously flawed.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Yes i agree there are many myths and misconceptions about, everything. Still, like i said before, these people meeting in SECRET is a conspiracy. If you have nothing to hide why the secret?
This post says Masons are not about power, so its just a coincidence that most of the American Presidents were Masons, the President has the most power in office. Kings, Prince's etc also Masons.
But still, its not about power?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

ah yes, there that is. While I am not a "upper level" mason, I am a 32nd degree Scottish Rite mason. I do suspect that members of the York Rite have more masonic knowledge than that of the Scottish Rite as they have to learn their degrees as opposed to just seeing them. But as my years have progressed, I have kept my involvement with the degree team and continue to learn more each time. funny thing is, that none of our degrees or activities include world domination. Where is it that you get your knowledge from?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
reply to post by butcherguy

Yes i agree there are many myths and misconceptions about, everything. Still, like i said before, these people meeting in SECRET is a conspiracy. If you have nothing to hide why the secret?
This post says Masons are not about power, so its just a coincidence that most of the American Presidents were Masons, the President has the most power in office. Kings, Prince's etc also Masons.
But still, its not about power?

OK, thirteen of our presidents have been masons. Last was as stated Gerald Ford. What affect does he have on world policies as of late?

edit to add:

as for your problem with secrecy, please see number 3 on the list in the OP. If you don't believe me, join up with masonry and find out for your self. the world is full of windbags who like to talk, but the real successful people are walkers. They will put in the leg work to find out the real truth. So your choice in all this is to believe propaganda websites, (the same ones that claim we eat babies) or you could listen to a few people on the inside who have no agenda other than truth. Your choice.
edit on 5-10-2010 by network dude because: to add thought rather than make a new post.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

for the record, what would you call a guy who has never set foot in a masonic lodge trying to tell others all about masonry? Irony indeed.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

What do you think of this?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

my knowledge of masonry comes from 2 sources.. my old boss (shriner and 33d mason) whos is 86 yrs old and still goes skiing in colorado. and my best friends grandpa (unsure of degree, iwas a kid) but he sure knew how to keep people out of jail and never pay speeding tickets.. the man could get me a job ANYWHERE in town with just a phone call.

"those from within"..... have you ever wondered why certain masons are generational masons.. who seem to know more at lower degrees than most learn later..

i remember my first Tuesday night dinner at the S.R.C. in mission valley san diego was kinda weird..

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

well while I can't tell you what the real grip of a master mason is, I can tell you for absolute certain that that ain't it. I have seen countless people use a grip close to our grip inadvertently. Women most often. And freemasonry being a fraternity, you know what the sign on the clubhouse says. (No girls allowed)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

when did I say I have never been "in" the craft??? see what I mean..

you are a gullible rube.. probably with an IQ pushing 80...

you so quickly assumed I have no knowledge of masonry from what???

how so quickly you "knew" i only speak as someone from the outside.. boy you are QUITE THE DETECTIVE!!!!

sorry to insult detectives, some have 2 braain cells.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I think the connection has more to do with who he what and not WHAT he was. Every town has it's power players. It's not uncommon for some of them to belong to the lodge. If they are active masons, (meaning they go to meetings) then there is a good chance they are upstanding men in the community. Sadly, some do join for just the ring and the name. They believe it might help them out in business. And I am sure it might at times. But knowing the true meaning and secrets of masonry is what will help you the most. Not with money, but with self worth.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Remember this, alot of people have a father, grandfather, brother, cousin, brother in law and so on whos a Mason. There are many grips. It is either you dont know or you are spreading disinformation...

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Working in stone is no easy task. It takes years upon years of careful study and practice to develop the skill necessary to put chisel to stone and learn to chip away the flaws and imperfections which reveal the wondrous work of art within. During this time of practice, the apprentice will wear his hands to the bone, the delicate skin giving way to painful blisters, that in time will form the callouses possessed by Masters. Many times he will contemplate the meaning of his toil. Is all this agony really worth it? he may ask. At times he'll miss his mark and whack his hand and cry out in pain, enough! as he throws his tools across the room. He does not toil alone in his endeavors. No, he is always under the care of the watchful eye of the Master. When his tools go flying, the blood pours from his hand, the thought of giving up enters his mind, this is when he learns of the patient love of the Master.

He binds the apprentices hand to stop the bleeding, picks up his tools, and says "Rest, I'll show you how its done".

Then the Master approaches the stone and works the tools with a patient grace delicately removing every unwanted flaw and imperfection. Upon the stone, the once hard and lifeless surface, the delicate features emerge. It is but an eye, the apprentices eye, perfect in shape and form.

The Master returns the tools to the apprentice, with a loving smile and says, "Watch yourself, the task is hard". With a caring nod of approval, he sets the apprentice back to work.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

when someone speaks lies about a subject, one has to believe that they either don't know, or are intentionally full of crap. Are you a high level mason? do you know what a high level mason is? what power do they possess? Please tell all the brethren how one with an IQ above 80 deals with the true secrets of masonry? Whence came you?

edit to add: my knowledge of masonry comes from one place. masonry.
edit on 5-10-2010 by network dude because: just because

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

go to duncan's ritual. It spilled most of the beans I know of. Look at the grips. Study them then come back to me and see who is spreading what.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join