It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana - The Facts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Found this video to be extremely informative. I am not a drug user and never will be, but this was interesting as it presented cold hard facts in a very clear and easy to understand way. It really makes you wonder about the legality of its use as a controlled substance and puts into perspective recent actions undertaken by the state.

Enjoy the video, I think its very informative.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

S & F
awsome video... I have faught for this since I for a long time now, there are still so many people who think that cannibis is a "hard drug". I don't know how these values were ever accepted but we need to change them... how is the question. Really I don't know many poeple any more who don't think legalization is a good thing one way or another. Yet we are still no closer to our goal.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by GummB

I agree, I thought this was an interesting point when you consider all the disinfo surrounding the issue of it being a 'hard drug'.

In Holland, marijuana is legal. This means that you don't have to pay a visit to the local drug dealer in order to buy a few grams of marijuana. Marijuana can be bought in coffee shops, which separates marijuana from harder drugs. Whereas approximately 16% of youthful marijuana users in the U.S. have tried coc aine, the comparable figure for Dutch youth is 1.8 percent. This proves that by separating marijuana users from illegal markets, less harder drugs will be used.
Marijuana Myths

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GummB

could be wrong but i (think) it was regan do had pot moved from a schedule 3(?) to a schedule 1 drug thus putting it in the same cattergoiry as '___' that kinda realy started to make things hard on pot smokers but if you want the roots it was originaly set up to kick out the mexicans and to try to keep white women sleeping with black men back in the olden times the anti marijuana laws are based on racisim and fear and now a days its pretty much more fear then anything else can any one name one person pot has directly killed where there were no other extenuating circumstances?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
There is absolutely NO TALK of personal use or legalization allowed. All posts mentioning it will be actioned.

Before anyone else posts further in this forum Read: "Alternative Substances Forum" -- Conspiracy issues related to drugs, but NOT recreational/personal use
edit on October 5th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Will food prices rise when everyone starts growing marijuana in legal states for a cash crop and cut back on growing food crops? If a person could make a tremendous amount of money growing marijuana in states where it is legal why would they consider growing food crops? ^Y^

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

wow alittle harsh considering i was talking about being in a country where doing it is legal not doing it in the usa but thanks good to see we cant even discuss the matter rationaly bye ats
edit on 5-10-2010 by KilrathiLG because: bye

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
reply to post by greeneyedleo

wow alittle harsh considering i was talking about being in a country where doing it is legal not doing it in the usa but thanks good to see we cant even discuss the matter rationaly

Again, read the rules of this forum:

Within a few hours, too many threads and posts have begun that focus far too much on personal use and legalization issues. Since advocacy of legalization relates directly to personal recreational use of drugs, such discussion is not allowed in the new forum.

Please focus exclusively on the wide ranging conspiracy issues related to drugs, such as government involvement in drug trafficking, pharma influences, and the war on drugs (to name a few).

And the ATS Terms and Conditions of Use that you agreed to abide by when you registered:

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances: Due to abuse of the subject matter by some (promoting various aspects of personal use, and discussing actual personal use), no new topics on this subject are allowed in any form.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
With trying to stay on topic and not break the rules I wanted to mention hemp products. I use to live in Ky where the main agricultural product was tobacco - in the 1800's it was hemp. Hemp can be used for so many products - the state is now trying to bring back hemp as an agricultural product due to the fall of tobacco growing. This can only be a good thing as the products from hemp are good and the farmers have been struggling. I bought a shirt at the State Capitol Gift shop several years ago - it is durable, soft and attractive - a great alternative to polyester for sure.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
In the beginning of the video the death count of MJ Verses Alcohol alone is very informative.
One has to wonder why it has been subdued for so long.
Maybe this product has secrets the PTB don't wish to be reveled.
I recently read a book called "Sugar Blues" and it tells of the worlds addiction to sugar
and how it affects us. Part of the reason alcohol kills people is diabetes= sugar
Also isn't it interesting the the government has supported Tobacco, Alcohol and Guns?
But a product that seems to actually help people in many components of their lifes, they are against it?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Since there seems to be an issue with following the ATS Terms and Conditions of Use which says no talk of legalization or personal use, thread closed.

If you have any questions regarding this or any other matter, feel free to use the ATS Complaint/Suggestion Form located in the Member Center and get the full attention of the entire Staff.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The real deal is the fda don't want us being self accountable. "We must reley on big bad brother to dictate us!" Say the sheeple. And then they go along and feed meth to children of unquestioning parents. Its sad facts. Its another control issue, a distraction. Cocaine is from a plant too, sylvia, heroin... However... You can eat all the poppy seeds you want. People argue all they want that it will help the economy. But those same people are too stoned to research the fed resvs and bankruptcy. I'm a partaker. But the war with the government of makin weed legal is absolutely ridiculous when there are way more important issues to tackle.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

join