It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buddhists for 9/11 Truth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Here is why I am a Buddhist for 9/11 Truth

Buddhism is a search for the truth beyond the realm of samsara, the cycle of birth and death. 9/11 Truth is a search for truth beyond the political samsara of Republican and Democrat rule. We can blame Bush for the events of 9/11, but since Obama has not prosecuted Bush for war crimes, he is just as guilty. For many more reasons, including the fact that both Republicans and Democrats prop up and give shelter to the federal reserve means they are two false sides of the same coin.

Buddhism is about teaching the cause and end of suffering. The cause of suffering is perpetual desires for material manifestations, which result in clinging to impermanent and painful experiences. Buddhism is not just about letting go of attachment but of also freeing one's self from future attachment and suffering. 9/11 truth is about teaching the cause of political suffering, which is the ongoing conspiracy to control events around the world, and the end of such suffering, which happens when the conspiracy is exposed, the truth comes out, and the public no longer trusts in the corrupt elite.

Buddhism is about kindness and compassion towards all beings, regardless of race, creed, or disposition. Buddhism sees all life as being trapped in the same samsara of suffering, and so there is ample room to sympathize with all beings, even animals and insects, because we are all trapped in this round of becoming. 9/11 truth, in turn, views all people as being trapped under the lies of the establishment, regardless of race or creed. 9/11 truth wishes to unite whites, blacks, Mexicans, Asians, Indians, rich, poor, celebrities, workers, the young, the old, the conservatives, the liberals. In effect, Buddhism is a universal truth that can be shared by anyone, and the same goes with 9/11 Truth. Out of compassion and kindness for all beings, we wish to share with them the truth that is liberating. By knowing the truth, one can liberate themselves from the lies, this is the aim of both the 9/11 truth movement and Buddhism.

Buddhism also teaches that one should investigate all things and come to their own conclusion. The Buddha has been known to tell his followers to disbelieve anything that is not true, even if the Buddha has said it, do not believe it just because a prophet has said it, but rather because you yourself have investigated it at length. In the same way, 9/11 truth is about searching for the truth, and coming to your own conclusions.

On September 11, 2001, we were told that Osama Bin Laden was behind the attacks. This was later changed to Khalid Sheikh Mohammed being the mastermind of the attacks. He was placed in custody and tortured a number of times in order to extract a confession, which is considered both dismissible in a court of law, as well as a war crime. While the mastermind is in custody, the media continues to ignore the documented evidence that suggests 9/11 was more than what the government had told us. Demolition experts and engineers attest to the towers being taken down by controlled demolition, FBI agents have been gagged or fired for releasing information to the public deemed too sensitive to national security, and 9/11 first responders are dying because they breathed in toxic air that the EPA said was safe to breath. Numerous contradictions regarding prior knowledge puts the Bush administration in a suspicious light, and Obama's compliance with Bush's war crimes puts the new administration in just as hot of water. While the U.S. economy is on the verge of collapse, the military industrial complex is receiving trillions of dollars for a never ending war, designed to have no end in sight, no goals, no objectives, and no living targets. What's worse is that private military contractors are receiving the majority of this money, while their employees dance along the fine line between civilian and military, in effect creating a double standard that puts them above the law. Private military contractors do not have to follow the strict rules of engagement the military must follow, because they are "private citizens" and yet, when a court order sues these individuals for war crimes, the state then says that these individuals are protected by the government because of the military connection they have to the United State's foreign interests. So in other words, they are above either civilian or military law. And while these mercenaries are killing people in foreign lands in the name of America, anyone who stands up to and opposes them are called terrorists, but it is clear who the real terrorists are.

The war on terrorism is in fact a fraud, designed simply to ramp up justification for an ever increasing police state. As a Buddhist, we must teach compassion to all beings, freedom from suffering, and the liberating Truth which puts an end to suffering. This police state conflicts with our views as a Buddhist, because it views others as potential terrorists. The war on terrorism conflicts with our views, because it ignites hatred between Christians and Muslims.

In Buddhism, greed, hatred, and ignorance are the three main evils that enslave the world. Since 9/11, we have seen a never ending greed coming from our politicians in the form of a desire for more and more power for the already over-inflated state. We have seen an unending supply of hatred in the military department, where a never ending war is psychologically turning our fellow human beings into trained killers, no doubt to be eventually used against America itself. And we have seen an appalling amount of willful ignorance coming from the establishment media who remains either silent of 9/11 truth, or worse, increasingly hostile towards it.

In Buddhism, they say that the material world of forms is empty, with no real inherent existence to it, but rather a series of interconnected moments perceived by our consciousness. 9/11 Truth states that the official story of 9/11 is empty, it's interconnected dots do not even make sense, and each aspect of the official story can be seen to be an illusion, a deception, which binds us ever more to the political samsara.

This is why I am a Buddhist for 9/11 Truth. Buddhism teaches the Noble Truth, the truth which is virtuous and of great merit, which frees all beings from suffering. In the same way, 9/11 truth is the merit of seeing through the lies and deceptions, and ending the fear mongering caused by the war on terrorism, and ending the suffering of America, caused by never ending wars, which has no doubt stemmed from the events of September 11.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Verbosely said. *burp*

Could have been better if you had applied some critical thinking skills to that verbose OP rather than some hippy-dippy "Noble Truth" and "Sam Samsara Samovar" BS.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by trebor451

Why don't you re-write the post according to your standards then?
Quoting the whole post with a childish ad-hom at the end just makes you look like a douche.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by OllyP

Quoting the whole post with a childish ad-hom at the end just makes you look like a douche.

Isn't that exactly what you just did?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by exponent

Yep and then you followed with the same.
I attempted to defend the op's right to opinion and suggested a constructive idea to the respondent.
Then I had a little dig at the end.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Here we have the Buddhist wheel of life, which explains the different states of samsara. This link provides an interactive tour of the wheel and explains the different segments www.buddhanet.net...

I would like to direct your attention at the segment in the upper left corner of the wheel (between ~6 and 9 o'clock). This represents the world of Titans, who wage continuous war in order to fulfill their desires. The segment at the very top represents the abode of the Gods, but unlike the Christian heaven which is eternal, the Buddhist world of pleasure is temporary and fleeting. This is representative of the futile gains America is making through their constant warfare, in propping up a system that is inherently flawed. Through constant war-fare, the "titans" struggle to obtain their desires, but their objective is a false end because the pleasure is fleeting. The only true and lasting happiness is found within Nirvana, spiritual fulfillment and wisdom.

Starting from the left, the world of humans is designated as a noble realm, where an individual can hear the blessed words of Dharma. Going along the wheel to the right is the animal realm, where desires corrupt the individual and make them susceptible to pain and suffering. The bottom represents hell, which is a realm of torment, I take this realm to be similar to 9/11 itself, a day of torment. Continuing on to the left, is the realm of ghosts and spirits, which represents beings who have become lost due to ignorance and illusion. This is a good representation of the Iraq war, which was waged due to people's misguided fear, hatred, and ignorance. This realm leads into the realm of the titans, the world of perpetual war.

So basically, I see the world of ghosts and unfulfilled desires as leading into the world of never ending war, which is the result of illusion and ignorance, just as America's ignorance over the events of 9/11 has led to perpetual war in order to fulfill the desires of America's foreign interests.

Thus, there is no good realm on the wheel of life, all are subject to the same decay and death, and so the only answer is to transcend the wheel and not become a part of it. This represents the nirvana of the Buddha, who is not part of any of the realms but rather can look down upon them and see their misery.

This wheel also summarizes the 12 interdependent links of causation that is important in Buddhism found in the pictures next to the six larger sections denoting the worlds.

If you take these 12 links of causation and look at the psychology of 9/11, we have

First link: Ignorance: from ignorance stems all the evils of the world. Since the public was ignorant of the real facts of 9/11, that was their first mistake.

Second link: Karma, cause and effect. The people were angered over the attacks and wanted to take revenge, and so they sowed their own fate.

Third link: Consciousness, which is described as a monkey jumping from one branch to another, never settling on one goal but rather shifting this way and that. This represents the governments changing perspective of first looking towards Bin Laden, and then, for whatever reason they decided to shift the blame to Saddam Hussein, much like a monkey gets bored of one branch and swings to another (no pun intended on the whole monkey-Bush thing

Fourth link: Name and form, which is the mind's way of conceptualizing external objects. The 'war on terrorism' became America's objective, and defined America's new goals and interests. This led to the next link,

Fifth link: the five senses and mind. Seeing the world they have created for themselves, the public started to see things through the lens of the 'war on terrorism;' security measures changed, civil liberties came under scrutiny, and government power increased

Sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth link: contact, sensation, attachment, grasping, America transformed through the perpetual wars and started to become ever more ingrained into the notion of terrorism.

Tenth link: becoming. Now heavily invested in the war on terrorism, America has become an exporter of war, and has fallen into its own trap, fighting a never ending war that is no doubt creating more 'terrorists' who will continue to fight America's occupations.

Eleventh link: Birth: A new and frightening America has been born, caught up by its previous karma, it is subject to the fate it wove for itself, which in Buddhism is defined as perpetual suffering and general unpleasantness.

Twelfth link: death. All things born must die, and one day America's wars will end, but how soon? The only salvation is to gain the wisdom to not become corrupted by one's desire, to tread the path of compassion and kindness, and to gain the insight to stop the wheel of becoming which leads to perpetual suffering and death, and instead be free of ignorance and thus free of suffering.

Only when America gains the wisdom to learn from their previous ignorance will the suffering ever end.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I thought about cutting some out, but decided the entire post was so lacking in anything of intellectual substance I had to leave the entire thing in for context. the Mods did not feel the same - as didn't you.

Childish ad-hom? Douche is in the eye of the beholder and you look...well...

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by trebor451

Verbosely said. *burp*

Could have been better if you had applied some critical thinking skills to that verbose OP rather than some hippy-dippy "Noble Truth" and "Sam Samsara Samovar" BS.

It's Samsara, not Sam or Samovar, if you weren't too busy burping you would have noticed that. Is that really the best you got? A burp? Come on, give me a challenge.
edit on 6-10-2010 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
It's Samsara, not Sam or Samovar, if you weren't too busy burping you would have noticed that. Is that really the best you got? A burp? Come on, give me a challenge.

All right, how about this- you claim to be devoted to finding the truth, but yet you are intentionally goign to sources who have no regard for the truth. Case in point-

a)You claim experts attest that the towers were brought down by controlled demolitions, but when we look at these "experts" we find they are hardly a valid reference- one religious philosophy professor is pretending to be a materials engineer, one physicist is pretending to be an explosives expert, and one guy who never designed anythign larger than a two story building is pretending to be an expert is skyscraper design. Oh yeah, then there's the assorted college kids making internet videos in their dorm room and internet radio DJ pretending to have access to all sorts of secret gov't information. NIST and FEMA on the other hand actually are based on the work of materials engineers and fire experts (as well as a lot of first hand eyewitness accounts). The only reason that I can see that you're siding with all the other unqualified people rather than NIST and FEMA is becuase you have an agenda to push one scenario at the expense of every other scenario, which isn't "devotion to the truth" regardless of what philosophy you subscribe to.

b) Your own facts are hardly truthful either. You say we're in a never ending war, but yet we just pulled all our combat forces out of Iraq. You say the war on terror is a farce, but yet they just sentenced a terrorist to prison for trying to set off a car bomb in Times Square. It goes without saying that in order to find the truth, one needs to be more informed of the goings on in the world, and by your own statements, you are not. When fire officials report that fires were out of control in WTC 7 and NYPD heliopter pilots flying eye level to the impact areas in the WTC reported the support columns were glowing red from the fires and looked like they were goign to collapse, why are these any less truthful than the other truths?

I'm not up on Buddhist tenets, but I do know that one of the main philosophies is that suffering comes from craving something. Is it not likewise true that suffering can come from Islamic fundamentalists craving that others should be required to abide by their religion?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

man, you really love the official story don't you. jeez. do i always have to pop up to say this kind of stuff? i'd swear you hate doing research more than anything. but you do love to flame.

John Farmer, senior counsel to the [9/11] Commission stated that the Commission "discovered that...what government and military officials had told Congress, the Commission, the media, and the public about who knew what when — was almost entirely, and inexplicably, untrue." Farmer continues: "At some level of the government, at some point in time … there was a decision not to tell the truth about what happened...The (NORAD) tapes told a radically different story from what had been told to us and the public."[20] Thomas Kean, the head of the 9/11 Commission, concurred: "We to this day don’t know why NORAD told us what they told us, it was just so far from the truth."

this is required knowledge if you're going to debate the 9/11 topic
edit on 6-10-2010 by thedeadlyrhythm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadlyrhythm
man, you really love the official story don't you. jeez. do i always have to pop up to say this kind of stuff? i'd swear you hate doing research more than anything. but you do love to flame.

I don't think you'll find any 'debunkers' who disagree with what you posted. Nobody thinks the US government is always telling the truth and is beyond reproach.

However, that doesn't change the facts we have at hand. You can't just throw doubt upon one part of the 'official story' and therefore claim all other parts are definitely false, and some alternate theory with even less evidence to support it is true.

I've said this a number of times, but I still don't understand why people think that 'believes the official story is generally correct' = 'believes everything the government says without question'. Hell, it's not even my government. I wouldn't trust (at least the Bush white house) to be able to add 2 and 2 together and come up with the right answer, but I don't have to trust them to understand and believe in the 'official story'.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Would it be fair to say then that its also clear that truthers do not believe all the theories that are being proposed?
Because the debunker pro's on this site love to tar everyone with the same brush with respect to holograms, DEW's, Nukes, etc.

Trusters don't believe everything the government says is true.
Truthers don't believe every theory thats put forth by other truthers.

Can we at least agree on that?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by trebor451

I thought about cutting some out, but decided the entire post was so lacking in anything of intellectual substance I had to leave the entire thing in for context. the Mods did not feel the same - as didn't you.

Childish ad-hom? Douche is in the eye of the beholder and you look...well...

Your right, douche was un called for. I apologise.
You were immature and not constructive in any manner. Is that better?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Trusters don't believe everything the government says is true.
Truthers don't believe every theory thats put forth by other truthers.

Can we at least agree on that?

I must say I'm not a huge fan of 'Trusters', because it's just an attempt to be somewhat pejorative, wheras 'truthers' is supposed to be without insult. I prefer 'sceptic' but I'm sure people would have much worse names for me!

Anyhow, I have no problem in agreeing with that. I do try and ensure that I am careful what theories I ascribe to others, but it gets bloody difficult. At least on the 'official story' side things are relatively well documented. When someone says 'controlled demolition' they can mean anything from one charge, to thousands of charges, to thousands of charges of a type that doesn't seem to exist, to a micro nuke, to beams from space.

It's tricky, but I hope I make enough affort.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I don't judge a person because of their occupation, I judge a person based on the facts that they are discussing. So putting quotes around the word expert does not hurt my faith in them because to start with I never thought of them as experts at all. I look at the facts, not the person. I wish you would do the same. And are you implying that someone who is a theologian is unintelligent? That's a rather prejudice and offensive statement, what if I were to say that all atheists were unintelligent, or that all OS-ers were intelligent. So please do not disqualify someone because of their profession, that is unintelligent.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

So, you're saying that the government doesn't always tell the truth, but they did tell the whole truth on 9/11? And we are not pinpointing small technicalities but rather looking at the entire official story and declaring it to be a giant lie.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I'm glad there are still people in this world that use logic to see through things that go on here and enlighten those that are misled/ blind.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadlyrhythm

John Farmer, senior counsel to the [9/11] Commission stated that the Commission "discovered that...what government and military officials had told Congress, the Commission, the media, and the public about who knew what when — was almost entirely, and inexplicably, untrue." Farmer continues: "At some level of the government, at some point in time … there was a decision not to tell the truth about what happened...The (NORAD) tapes told a radically different story from what had been told to us and the public."[20] Thomas Kean, the head of the 9/11 Commission, concurred: "We to this day don’t know why NORAD told us what they told us, it was just so far from the truth."

I don't know why I have to keep saying this over and over. It's almost as if you people are so in love with your conspiracy stories that you're not only intolerant of all other alternative viewpoints, you don't even bother to listen to them.

Yes, the gov't is covering up something. I have always said the gov't is covering up soemthing. What they're covering up should be obvious- a gov't that can't even hand out bottles of water to hurricane survivors in New Orleans without slipping on banana peels (and recently, watching a massive oil spill off our coast while wringing its hands wondering what to do) is sure as shooting going to have displayed a hell of a lot more incompetence than what they're admitting to, and they don't want to admit it becuase they don't want to admit being responsible for screwing up and allowing 3.000 people to die. The 9/11 commission report documented a few of the gov'ts failings but I know there has to be more. I can certainly give you a hell of a lot of examples where the gov't screwed something up, while you can't even give me ONE example where anyone had ever successfully snuck into an occupied building previously and planted secret controlled demolitions without anyone noticing.

Tell me something, just how does the NORAD testimony counter NYPD helicopter pilots reporting the steel beams in the WTC were glowing red from the fires and looked like they were going to collapse? How does the NORAD testimony counter the accounts of Mohammed Atta's girlfriend saying that Atta was an accomplished pilot, and that he was so sociopathic that he dismembered her kittens after an argument? How does the NORAD testimony counter the Saudi gov't acknowledging the US gov'ts account is correct and that most of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi citizens? How does the NORAD testimony counter the fact they caught another self admitted Bin Laden terrorist trying to set off a car bomb in Times Square? There's too much information from other sources to discredit the fact that yes, the 9/11 attack really was by Islamic fundamentalists.

What you're doing isn't research, dude. It's trying to rewrite history to your liking and shoving your own abject paranoia into any crack and crevice in the events of 9/11 that you can find, and you don't even care just how absurd it makes the end result sound. What sort of numbskull is going to waste their time with some convoluted scheme to stage suicide attacks using hijacked aircraft to cover up secretly concealed bombs when the same building was already bombed back in 1993, anyway?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I don't judge a person because of their occupation, I judge a person based on the facts that they are discussing. So putting quotes around the word expert does not hurt my faith in them because to start with I never thought of them as experts at all. I look at the facts, not the person. I wish you would do the same. And are you implying that someone who is a theologian is unintelligent? That's a rather prejudice and offensive statement, what if I were to say that all atheists were unintelligent, or that all OS-ers were intelligent. So please do not disqualify someone because of their profession, that is unintelligent.

When did I ever say that theologians are unintelligent? Mohammed Atta and his bunch were theologians and they were intelligent enough to coordinate a 75% successful attack using hijacked passenger jets. Both Bin LAden and Khalid Sheick Mohammed have university degrees, and that guy they just sentenced to prison for tryign to set off a car bomb in Times Square worked in accounting. The problem isn't that they aren't intelligent. The problem is that the've become expert at putting blinders on and seeing only what they want to see. If someone absolutely wants to believe that human beings were magically created by some supernatural invisible guy out of a clod of dirt, that Jesus visited the American indians, or that killing 3000 people will please God and grant them 72 virgins, that's what they're going to believe regardless of what anyone tells them. Who here thinks that trying to discuss the theory of evolution with the pope won't be a monumental waste of time, raise their hands.

It's interesting that you bring this up becuase the connection to theology and the 9/11 conspiracy movement is self evident- the artful way characters like Dylan Avery deliberately misrepresent their information takes great intelligence and imagination, while the 9/11 truthers have to see only what they want to see in these 9/11 conspiracies for them not to realize they're being sold a lot of snake oil. Discussing evolution with the pope, indeed!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

So, you're saying that the government doesn't always tell the truth, but they did tell the whole truth on 9/11? And we are not pinpointing small technicalities but rather looking at the entire official story and declaring it to be a giant lie.

No that's exactly what I am not saying.

The government doesn't tell the whole truth ever, because they have lots of self serving interests. However, the 'official story' is not something dictated by the government and accepted without question. It's produced by engineering groups, and while they may be government funded, they put their names on these reports and the facts they cite can be backed up.

It's not like I read a 2 page brief of what 'the government' (do you mean congress, the senate etc?) wanted me to believe and said "ok that is definitely 100% true". I've read the whole NIST report and their draft reports, well over 12,000 pages I would estimate. I've consulted engineers that I have worked with, investigated the source material, contacted various companies and NIST directly (never got a response
) and I am very confident that there is more than enough evidence to show that the 'official story' is currently much more plausible than any controlled demolition alternative that exists.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join