It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare Bumblebee Species Make Surprise Comeback

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I know this probably wont go down too well here, because its actually good news. But here it is!

England's five rarest bumblebees have made a comeback in parts of Kent and Sussex, conservationists have said. The five threatened species have spread their geographic range as a result of environmental schemes in Dungeness and Romney Marsh. Measures to make the habitat more suitable include putting pollen and nectar-rich flower margins in fields. Project leader Dr Nikki Gammans said she had not expected to see successful results so quickly.

source: www.bbc.co.uk...

See, people CAN make a difference, and it seems nature recovers quickly. There is still time for us to reverse what we have done to the rest of the planet. Every little thing helps. Its just a shame that the people with the actual power and resources to fix the planet up would rather use those resources to rape the earth so they profit more.
edit on 5-10-2010 by EnactedEgoTrip because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
This is great news! I am so happy that they are bringing it back... Without them we would probably die of suffocation from lack of oxygen!

Bzzz... Bzzz!

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Great news OP.
I wouldn't say we'd die of suffocation (our oxygen mainly comes from plancton and algaes), but if bees were to vanish, I think none can yet predict all that may happen.

new topics

join